The Student Room Group

Article: Introduction to Clearing 2017

Reply 1
Can i still go through clearing even if i have met the requirements for my firm choice OR if i get better grades than predicted?
Original post by rkuni16
Can i still go through clearing even if i have met the requirements for my firm choice OR if i get better grades than predicted?

If your grades are better than predicted, you can use the adjustment option to choose a better university with higher requirements.
Original post by rkuni16

Original post by Looking48GF
If your grades are better than predicted, you can use the adjustment option to choose a better university with higher requirements.

Adjustment is only available if results meet and EXCEED your firm OFFER conditions - predictions aren't looked at.
Reply 4
Can I apply for a clearing course, say if I got BCC in my A2s but their official requirement on their website is ABB or BBB?
Original post by alicec11
Can I apply for a clearing course, say if I got BCC in my A2s but their official requirement on their website is ABB or BBB?

You can phone up to enquire but be prepared for a no.

I would always recommend you start your phone calls with a dead cert which will make any later rejections easier to brush off
How many university courses should I research in preparation for results day? I believe I'll have got the grades for my insurance but I want to be safe. So far I've got notes on 3 unis I could call through clearing.
Original post by katiemfob
How many university courses should I research in preparation for results day? I believe I'll have got the grades for my insurance but I want to be safe. So far I've got notes on 3 unis I could call through clearing.

Somewhere between 3 and 10. If you've got time then the more the better.

If you're totally stuck or out of ideas then try finding courses/universities for a friend (and get them to do the same thing for you). Swapping ideas and putting yourself in someone else's shoes will help you with decision making and might throw up something amazing.
Original post by PQ
Somewhere between 3 and 10. If you've got time then the more the better.

If you're totally stuck or out of ideas then try finding courses/universities for a friend (and get them to do the same thing for you). Swapping ideas and putting yourself in someone else's shoes will help you with decision making and might throw up something amazing.

Thank you for the answer, and for being so quick! I've definitely got time because doing this keeps me busy and stops me worrying so much haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending