The Student Room Group

Is it too late for clearing?

Hi I decided not to apply for uni this year. I've had second thoughts and have seen courses I like in clearing. My UCAS form is complete but just not sent. It'll have to go to my referee first. Is it too late to press send on my UCAS application? Will it process in time for clearing?

Many thanks
Original post by ed98
Hi I decided not to apply for uni this year. I've had second thoughts and have seen courses I like in clearing. My UCAS form is complete but just not sent. It'll have to go to my referee first. Is it too late to press send on my UCAS application? Will it process in time for clearing?

Many thanks

Have you spoken to your referee?
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
Have you spoken to your referee?

I've emailed but haven't heard back. He's notoriously bad at responding to emails though.
Reply 3
Original post by ed98
I've emailed but haven't heard back. He's notoriously bad at responding to emails though.

If he doesn't reply in time you can still create a form without a reference, however only some unis will accept this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by HAnwar
If he doesn't reply in time you can still create a form without a reference, however only some unis will accept this.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi thanks for your response. I just decided to send it anyway thinking that it was better I sent it now than wait no I have got this message:

Your application has been sent to your school or college. They will check and approve your application, write and approve their reference, and send the completed application to us. We will then process the application and send you a welcome email; this will explain what happens next. The current status of your application is:Your application has not yet been approved by your referee/coordinator.Your reference has not yet been started.

I know my referee already has my reference.

Any chance I'll be able to use clearing tomorrow?
Original post by ed98
Hi thanks for your response. I just decided to send it anyway thinking that it was better I sent it now than wait no I have got this message:

Your application has been sent to your school or college. They will check and approve your application, write and approve their reference, and send the completed application to us. We will then process the application and send you a welcome email; this will explain what happens next. The current status of your application is:Your application has not yet been approved by your referee/coordinator.Your reference has not yet been started.

Unless your referee is super quick then dont get your hopes up too much, you'll still need to pay for your application.
It's worth a try! And make sure you call the clearing helpline as soon as the phone lines open tomorrow. Staff at the University will be able to help.

---
Top tips for clearing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeWJeP6QF7E
Clearing vacancies at University of Westminster: https://www.westminster.ac.uk/courses/clearing-2016/contact-us
Reply 7
Original post by claireestelle
Unless your referee is super quick then dont get your hopes up too much, you'll still need to pay for your application.

Hi thanks for responding :smile: paying for the application shouldn't be a problem. I'm 99% sure my school pays for it anyway.

I have my UCAS id number. If I can get a verbal offer over the phone would a university hold a place?

If not how long do you think I would have to wait for my application to be processed? Would clearing vacancies be full by then?

Sorry to bombard you with so many questions.
Reply 8
Original post by ed98

Didn't you tick the no reference box?

Well if he replies in time you will.

Contact your unis now and explain to them you're still waiting. Ask them if it's possible to give your reference at a later time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ed98
Hi thanks for responding :smile: paying for the application shouldn't be a problem. I'm 99% sure my school pays for it anyway.

I have my UCAS id number. If I can get a verbal offer over the phone would a university hold a place?

If not how long do you think I would have to wait for my application to be processed? Would clearing vacancies be full by then?

Sorry to bombard you with so many questions.

No need to apologises, universities arent supposed to talk to you without a clearing number and even if they did they only hold places for 24 hours maybe less, but never much more than that. I would be surprised if your school offered to pay £23 for ever pupil. Once you're reference is done, it shouldnt talk that long for it to be processed. As for places being full, it all depends what you are applying to really.

Quick Reply

Latest