The Student Room Group

Cheese's Summer of Some Sort

Scroll to see replies

Original post by moggygeorgieee
Sherlock is the best thing ever man! sounds like a great way to finish a good day :biggrin:

it is :five:
yup, gonna do it again later today :mmm:
after i've finished crying lol :frown:
Original post by PharaohFromSpace

i'm playing umar but 100% when I've lost u r up next :wink:
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
i'm playing umar but 100% when I've lost u r up next :wink:

:yy:
Original post by PharaohFromSpace
:yy:

https://en.lichess.org/hVW2QsY4 if u wanna watch me lose :wink:
https://en.lichess.org/hVW2QsY4 if u wanna watch me lose :wink:

Currently playing tho, be there in a sec
Entry no.21
Good evening!
Today was fun!
When I finally goy in, I helped a PhD student carry out their experiment to do with storing the cold (from Liquid Nitrogen) in a gravel filled tube.The concept behind it is as it gets cold, the top will still be a little warmer. In a plant excess energy ie: from wind farms when demand is low or from solar panels when demand is low, will go into putting the nitrogen into the gravel container. It gets cold but the top is a little warmer (gas). Therefore in order to get the energy back they heat the liquid cooled between the gravel and this drives the turbine generating the electricity back out again :wink:
The experiment I helped on, works on the gravel/insulating the liquid part, the liquid goes in through pipes, over time you can see the ice forming and oxygen condensing and it ends up "snowing" from the dampness on the upper pipes onto the floor below
Basically it was awesome!
Did a tiny bit of work before lunch but mostly cheeky tsr :mmm:
Lunch was egg mayo sandwich and mini cheddars, then we played table footie and scrabble. Lost the footie came 2nd/3rd in scrabble.
A good result for team cheese :wink: Trump wouldn't have been able to get close to my score :u:
After lunch I finished the paragraph condensing I should've finished yesterday :s-smilie: and then I left early again :smile:
rains were ok for once but late going home.
I had to buy stuff for the fam (banana's, gapes and milk) and then I got home and chilled playing some chess and then it was dinner
Dinner was chicken pie and veg :yy:
Then I was just posting stuff to ease away the fact that results is tomorrow :frown:
Will probably not say too much about them if they are bad but u guys should be proud when I get 4 U's,I'm gonna call it a night after some Sherlock
BEST OF LUCK TO ALL YOU AS/A2 PEOPLE GETTING RESULTS TOMORROW
I HAVE FAITH IN YOU !
I wish you a good night if at all possible,
Cheese

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
x

That experiment! :yy:
And good luck with tomorrow! :hugs:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Matrix123
That experiment! :yy:
And good luck with tomorrow! :hugs:
Posted from TSR Mobile

ikr :ahee:

Spoiler

ikr :ahee:

Spoiler

:wink: :hugs:
Me too actually :smile:

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
Best of luck!! :biggrin:
Cheese is celebrating her results

Spoiler

Entry no.22
What a freekin eventful day :coma:
I woke up at 6:24am, I knew results were going to be available online at 6:30am, so I made a cup of tea for myself and mum and a coffee for dad.
Then I logged in to find my fate.
I didn't fail :shock:
In fact I achieved my target grades, all bar one (chemistry) :colonhash:
But the funny thing was...

Spoiler

I was so surprised that I cried and I cried for a long time and it meant that I got a very late train into work :rofl:
yh it was an emotional time because my family and I assumed the highest grade I was getting was a D :s-smilie:
I did a lot of phoning friends to comfort them and lots of good luck text messages on the way to the office finally, when I got there I had a nice long chat with the fellow AS student next to me who was freakin out about his maths grade (got an A in the end :tongue:)
When I got to work, I did nothing apart from message friends and thanked you all on tsr for being so kind and supportive !

Special shout-outs to @13 1 20 8 42 and @LifeIsFine for helping m relax before going to sleep the night before and @Matrix123 's advice :hugs:and @FireFreezer77 for just about everything tbh :loveduck:
I ended up going to the labs with my supervisor and this new placement student (from france :fan:)
We sorted out some of the wiring and PC configuration ready for the experiment with the injector and liquid nitrogen.
If all goes well we'll do it tomorrow afternoon or on Monday/Tuesday :wink:
I know tomorrow morning I am going to help with the gravel/storage experiment again!

After that, it was lunch time! I was on my own for a bit, then I was accompanied by 2 individuals who'd both received their results and then another. The other had asked for today off, fairs tbh :tongue:
We ate (pasta salad + crisps + apple juice for me :mmm:) then played table football and then sat outside for a while.
We'd all received good results and were in need of a chilling out session, so we stayed there for a while :biggrin:

Finally got back, I finished the summarisation of the research finally. I now have to do the intro/conclusion/materials research part tomorrow :erm: that will be jolly good fun :colonhash:
Then I left, trains weren't too bad, but train wifi didn't work for me.
I received a text on the train that when I would return, we would be ordering Dominoe's pizza take-away in celebration :smile:Sure enough, when I got home, I ordered the best pizza ever:
Chicken feast! :yum:
There is no better pizza! (has chicken, cheese + veg on it (there really is no better :mmm:)) beat that Trump u lil batard
Then, whilst playing tabletennis, my dad said "there's somthing on the table for you"
I said "I hope its food"
It turned out to be a "congrats card" which was cute and underneath it were a box of cookies :cookie: (ace pressie cos I like cookies XD)
I'm v tired, eventful day man, eventufl day, but I'm goign to play some pinta and then watch sherlock and then bed :wink:Thanks again for all the support and wishes,
I hope u all smashed it today/will smash it next week.
Some amazing people like @Platopus , @Kamara7 and @Kyx :congrats:
But for now, goodnight,
Cheese

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Matrix123
Don't put your blog down! It must feel upset with you for speaking like that...a little bit of positivity never hurt anyone :h:
1468833939800.jpg
:u:
Posted from TSR Mobile

That's the wallpaper on my phone ☺️
Entry no.22
I woke up at 6:24am, I knew results were going to be available online at 6:30am, so I made a cup of tea for myself and mum and a coffee for dad.

Spoiler

I was so surprised that I cried and I cried for a long time and it meant that I got a very late train into work :rofl:
yh it was an emotional time because my family and I assumed the highest grade I was getting was a D :s-smilie:
I did a lot of phoning friends to comfort them and lots of good luck text messages on the way to the office finally, when I got there I had a nice long chat with the fellow AS student next to me who was freakin out about his maths grade (got an A in the end :tongue:)
When I got to work, I did nothing apart from message friends and thanked you all on tsr for being so kind and supportive !

Special shout-outs to @13 1 20 8 42 and @LifeIsFine for helping m relax before going to sleep the night before and @Matrix123 's advice :hugs:
I ended up going to the labs with my supervisor and this new placement student (from france :fan:)
We sorted out some of the wiring and PC configuration ready for the experiment with the injector and liquid nitrogen.
I know tomorrow morning I am going to help with the gravel/storage experiment again!

After that, it was lunch time! I was on my own for a bit, then I was accompanied by 2 individuals who'd both received their results and then another. The other had asked for today off, fairs tbh :tongue:
We ate (pasta salad + crisps + apple juice for me :mmm:) then played table football and then sat outside for a while.
We'd all received good results and were in need of a chilling out session, so we stayed there for a while :biggrin:

Finally got back, I finished the summarisation of the research finally. I now have to do the intro/conclusion/materials research part tomorrow :erm: that will be jolly good fun :colonhash:
I received a text on the train that when I would return, we would be ordering Dominoe's pizza take-away in celebration :smile:Sure enough, when I got home, I ordered the best pizza ever:
There is no better pizza! (has chicken, cheese + veg on it (there really is no better :mmm:)) beat that Trump u lil batard
Then, whilst playing tabletennis, my dad said "there's somthing on the table for you"
I said "I hope its food"
It turned out to be a "congrats card" which was cute and underneath it were a box of cookies :cookie: (ace pressie cos I like cookies XD)
I'm v tired, eventful day man, eventufl day, but I'm goign to play some pinta and then watch sherlock and then bed :wink:Thanks again for all the support and wishes,
But for now, goodnight,
Cheese

Spoiler

Sounds like a really good day :teehee: Pizza, good results and a french placement student :teehee: :sexface: :wink: :mmm:
Entry no.22

Spoiler

Special shout-outs to @13 1 20 8 42 and @LifeIsFine for helping m relax before going to sleep the night before and @Matrix123 's advice :hugs:

I said "I hope its food"
But for now, goodnight,
Cheese

Spoiler

Congrats Babyy 💖💖💖 you deserve em! Hope you have much more happiness to come. 👍🏼 I ❤️ U 😊
X

Glad I could help!
Well done for your amazing results :biggrin:
Original post by AppleB
Cheese is celebrating her results

Spoiler

:lolwut:

Original post by SeanFM
Sounds like a really good day :teehee: Pizza, good results and a french placement student :teehee: :sexface: :wink: :mmm:

ikr :mmm:

Spoiler

Original post by Reachin4TheStars
Congrats Babyy 💖💖💖 you deserve em! Hope you have much more happiness to come. 👍🏼 I ❤️ U 😊

:hugs: fank u so muych
ily 2 m8
Original post by LifeIsFine
Glad I could help!
Well done for your amazing results :biggrin:

fanks dude :hugs:
Original post by Reachin4TheStars
That's the wallpaper on my phone ☺️

Aw cool! :yy:

@CheeseIsVeg amazing! So glad to hear how happy you are about your results and glad that one bit of advice was actually of use to you :tongue: The right decision was made in allowing you to have dominoes :yep: :mmm: And a placement student from France!? :fan: :france: :woo:
:lolwut:

ikr :mmm:

Spoiler

:hugs: fank u so muych
ily 2 m8

Cutieeeee and yw for lyf girll ❤️❤️❤️
Ooh I had pizza too in yesterday 👍🏼
Guess which 1 ☺️ It were yummehhhh 😘

Quick Reply

Latest