The Student Room Group

Backup list of unis

Hi, I am making a list of backup unis that I can apply to in case I miss my offer tomorrow (BBB kent computer science). I am trying to get into a good computer science course (I.E. Not completely practical, good amount of theory and a year in industry too preferably). If I miss my offer it will probably be by like 1 or 2 grades.

I currently have the following down:

Lincoln

Bangor

Dundee

De Montfort

Aberystwyth

Are there any other good unis I am missing for this list? Is there anything I should know on top of that about said unis?

Another question on top of this. Do unis reduce their requirements for clearing?

Thanks.
Some but not all unis will reduce their requirements in clearing. The only two i know anything about are bangor (i grew up near there) and aberystwyth, all i can say is they are great for cheap living costs but they are a bit on the small side.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by claireestelle
Some but not all unis will reduce their requirements in clearing.

Any examples you have in mind? Thanks for responding.
Reply 3
Original post by TercioOfParma
Hi, I am making a list of backup unis that I can apply to in case I miss my offer tomorrow (BBB kent computer science). I am trying to get into a good computer science course (I.E. Not completely practical, good amount of theory and a year in industry too preferably). If I miss my offer it will probably be by like 1 or 2 grades.

Lincoln

Bangor

Dundee

De Montfort

Aberystwyth

Are there any other good unis I am missing for this list? Is there anything I should know on top of that about said unis?

Another question on top of this. Do unis reduce their requirements for clearing?

Thanks.

If you miss by 1 or 2 grades there is a reasonable chance Kent will still accept you.

And what about your Insurance?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill
If you miss by 1 or 2 grades there is a reasonable chance Kent will still accept you.

And what about your Insurance?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's Swansea. It is one grade higher since I didn't anticipate Kent dropping my offer so much so I applied to 4 ABB unis and 1 BBB uni.
I think I may add Northampton to the list, is it any good?

Lincoln

Bangor

Dundee

De Montfort

Aberystwyth

Thanks.

Hi,
If you are still looking for a uni have a look at our courses!
BSc in computer science: http://www.kingston.ac.uk/undergraduate-course/computer-science/
BCS in computer science (games programming): http://www.kingston.ac.uk/undergraduate-course/computer-science-games-programming/
BCs in computer science (network communications): http://www.kingston.ac.uk/undergraduate-course/computer-science-network-communications/

Emily
Student ambassador
Hi there!

You might like to take a look at our BSc (Hons) Computer Science with Industrial Placement, as the name suggests it includes the placement element as a core part of the course. We have a few places left too so if you drop us a call on 01332 592016 one of the Clearing team can talk you through it.

Whatever you decide to do, good luck in your search :smile:

Thanks, Rob

Lincoln

Bangor

Dundee

De Montfort

Aberystwyth

Thanks.

Hi there,

If you are still looking for universities to add to that list then have a look at our School of Computing courses.

If you would like to speak to a member of our Clearing team to get some general advice or to get more information about the courses available to you then give us a call on 03330 432 414 or chat to us online using our LiveChat system.

Good luck with your results!
Jack
University of Gloucestershire

Lincoln

Bangor

Dundee

De Montfort

Aberystwyth

Thanks.

Hi, if you are still looking for a place on a Computer Science course, we have a number of programmes with places available through clearing. Please visit https://www.lincoln.ac.uk/home/clearing/ for more information or call our clearing hotline on 01522 886622. Good luck!

Adam :smile:

Hi @TercioOfParma,

Our Computer Science (with placement year) programme may well be of interest - have a look at the programme listing for full info, and call our Clearing helpline on 0300 456 2666 if you would like to discuss with an advisor.
Hi there,

If you're still looking for Computer Science courses give our Clearing hotline a call on 0116 373 6000.

Lots of our courses can be taken with a year abroad or a year in industry. All our Informatics courses are accredited by the British Computer Society and they also fund an award for the most promising first year student.

If you need any help, give us a call.

Good luck!

Vicky
Communications Team

Lincoln

Bangor

Dundee

De Montfort

Aberystwyth

Thanks.

Hey, we have some industry leading Computing courses at Wrexham Glyndwr University too - the programmes in Immersive Technologies and also Artificial Intelligent are two of my favorites. We also offer MComp programmes (such as MCOMP Computer Science), which are 4 years and you would graduate with a Masters level as opposed to a Bachelors degree, and BBB would be accepted - give us a bell if you want a chat!

Dave (Enquiries, Wrexham Glyndwr University)
01978 293439 http://www.glyndwr.ac.uk/en/clearing/
Lobbied for by all these unis in my absence, brilliant. I don't need them though, I got A*BB and got into my firm choice.
Reply 14
Lobbied for by all these unis in my absence, brilliant. I don't need them though, I got A*BB and got into my firm choice.

Excellent!

I'll close the thread then. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest