The Student Room Group

Very worried about AS result maths

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Reexox
You can probably resit next year. Don't worry at all. You'll probably understand it a lot better naturally as you learn more maths without having to put as much work in as you did in AS into it. Don't not work, but don't stress it so much.

I'm mainly worried about getting less than a C. Of course I will resit in that case but I will be so upset since I did put focus into maths. I like maths and there is no way I want to give it up, I am capable but the exams are harsh.
Reply 41
Original post by h1347698
I'm mainly worried about getting less than a C. Of course I will resit in that case but I will be so upset since I did put focus into maths. I like maths and there is no way I want to give it up, I am capable but the exams are harsh.

I was there last year. Maths didn't click for me until Easter of my AS year. I really had to work to catch up on the C1 I didn't understand. I went to extra lessons, worked at home constantly. I understood C2 decently though. I came out with a C in C2 and 1 UMS mark of a C in C1. It's a slap in the face. Not gonna lie. But I resat this year and I'm hoping to have got better now it's clicked for me. You did your very best and it will be upsetting at first. But eventually you realise although your grades didn't reflect your work ethic or understanding of the subject, you'll cope better in A2 because you know how to work independently and you have the base understanding you need for A2. Best of luck, I hope this helps you feel a bit better!
Original post by h1347698
Good luck :smile:

thank you!!! you too :biggrin:
Reply 43
so I actually got a high B- contrary to what I was expecting! How did you guys do?
Original post by L_frank
so I actually got a high B- contrary to what I was expecting! How did you guys do?

Managed to get a pretty nice A on as maths -edexcel
Reply 45
I got an A- 278/300! UMS
Original post by L_frank
hmm:s-smilie: I seriously messed up the C2 exam and consequently I am dreading seeing that sheet of paper tomorrow. Tbh, C1 didn't even go that well for me either. I was on track to get an A... but I think I'm looking at a C tomorrow. Quite disappointed at this as I have been looking at applying for AAA courses. Do you think I still have a chance at receiving offers if I do get a C in Maths?
More importantly, with a C at As-level maths is it possible to get an A or B as a final grade if I resit the c2 exam and maybe c1?
Thank you.
C2 was low across the board for my school, I scraped a B in that. What was your applied unit? Did you sit any others (e.g. for further maths)?
Reply 47
Original post by 04MR17
C2 was low across the board for my school, I scraped a B in that. What was your applied unit? Did you sit any others (e.g. for further maths)?

I scraped a B in C2 too and will resit c2 next year. Got a high A in C1 and a low A in my applied module D1.
Original post by L_frank
I scraped a B in C2 too and will resit c2 next year. Got a high A in C1 and a low A in my applied module D1.
Pretty much the same. I'm not resitting though. I stormed S1 and got a high B in D1 and mid B in C2 which means that if I put D1 as part of my AS then I still get an A overall (I had had S1 as my applied module). I can then use S1 as part of my Further Maths AS, meaning I can get an A in that (D2 was mediocre so that and D1 could only get me a B).

Quick Reply

Latest