The Student Room Group

The world is going to tear itself apart with Islam hate

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CherishFreedom
You can't really dismiss the basic response of other people when faced with an actual terrorist crisis. Everyone knows not all Muslims are terrorists, but most terrorists happened to be Muslims. This is a basic fact. Their sensitivity is not misguided, it is a normal action-reaction response.

And to be frank, many of those who you accuse of 'denouncing' Islam actually are proposing a solution. You on the other hand isn't. What is your solution?

Here is my response on a previous thread:

Most terrorists are Muslims for non-religious regions. The Middle East has suffered through brutal dictators, failed western foreign policy, it is a desert far from anywhere, poor living standards - it is a thriving ground for corruption and extremism. Its no wonder that Islam developed extremist tenets, and we have Buddhism or Hinduism which grew in thriving, fertile lands.

People are incriminating Islam as the primary factor in this complex net of factors, the actual problem is war. War destroys lives, it then radicalises people and makes them more used to violence and generates hateful feelings - which are concentrated by extremist Islam. If Christianity were dominant in a war-torn country, we would see Christian extremists.

As for my solutions, we need to encourage the Muslim community to strongly denounce Islamic State on a political stage and also on TV. It is done a lot through social media, but that doesn't reach everyone. Additionally to prevent terror attacks, we need to tackle down on weapon black markets in Europe, the UK, we need more armed police at large rallies and events. But we can't prevent terror attacks, as Nice demonstrated. Terrorists will always adapt, but the least we can do is stop hating on what is evidently a volatile, malleable group of people, and start blaming the Islamic State for inspiring and radicalising these people. It is my view that if it were called something other than 'Islamic State', we wouldn't be seeing half of this mess, previously we've had Al-Shabab, al-Qaeda, who people know are vaguely Muslim or extremists, but never a state claiming to purport true Islam. Its both their fault and also racist bigots fault for falling for their propaganda name.
Original post by Reformed
you clearly arnt, am atheist would have denounced various edicts found within islamic dctrine a while back .

again no, even for a muslim your knowledge is substandard. sharia is nto a defined system - it doesnt exist. however any principle can be 'sharia' if it si proved in scripture ie therefore a system that doesnt apply hand chopping is going against criteria of islamic doctrine therefore is not sharia at all

you are getting your generic ethnicities confused. - racial violence did not occur in notting hill, to a large extent it occurred in brixton - but these werent 'asians or africans' but west indians. . despite which riots against NR far right marches does not equate to widescale islamic terrorism that operates on a global basis. - where uk citizens can fly off to paksitan or syria and come back with murderous knowledge and intent and fulled by dogma pumped into them by an imama or sheikh they met for less than 3 minute. that is the influence of islamist doctrine on muslims- no other ethnic group is at as much risk to this level of social disorder. the problems we are seeing islamic radicalisation amoung young muslims is unprescedented and you sticking your head in the sand trying to pretend there is no problem i exactly why the far right is gaining votes.

How can I prove to you that I am an atheist? Lmfao

And you're confusing what I am saying about Sharia Law completely

and please educate yourself on modern history
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1958_Notting_Hill_race_riots

Integration hasn't been 'smooth' for non-Muslims, as you described
Original post by Chakede
probably because youre a muslim trying to pretend not to be :rofl:

proof? other than some vague assumption that my tolerant, non-bigoted views means that I am in fact one of them?
Original post by alevelstresss
If you want to go around challenging, deporting and killing people because of their views, then your ideal Orwellian-government is worse than what the very people you're trying to incriminate propose.

As long as they are never willing to act on their beliefs, it is fine.

And to me, wanting to leave the EU for immigration reasons is a backwards view.

I never said anything about killing people.But there is no reason you cant challenge their beliefs.This country used to be very homophobic but attitudes have changed because people changed their views and that only happens if they're challenged. We shouldnt just sit back and accept these views. And I never said anything about the EU,I dont think we should have left.
If you want to go around challenging, deporting and killing people because of their views, then your ideal Orwellian-government is worse than what the very people you're trying to incriminate propose.

As long as they are never willing to act on their beliefs, it is fine.

And to me, wanting to leave the EU for immigration reasons is a backwards view.

Just like a pedophile was fine all those years resisting. Until the day he didnt.

Hey i love hitler, but i havent killed any jews yet so we should be best friends coz im just fine
Original post by inhuman
Just like a pedophile was fine all those years resisting. Until the day he didnt.

Hey i love hitler, but i havent killed any jews yet so we should be best friends coz im just fine

are you done with these childish oversimplifications of a massively complex problem? or do you want some more white people to die because of your bigotry?
are you done with these childish oversimplifications of a massively complex problem? or do you want some more white people to die because of your bigotry?

1. You get to do this but if i do its childish oversimplification

2. Because i am speakijg out against islam, white people are going to die?

Oh no, poor terrorist, that guy said something against islam, of course he must kill people in retaliation!!!
Original post by inhuman
1. You get to do this but if i do its childish oversimplification

2. Because i am speakijg out against islam, white people are going to die?

Oh no, poor terrorist, that guy said something against islam, of course he must kill people in retaliation!!!

I suppose it is that simple in a 5 year-old's perspective.
I implore hatred against hateful ideologies.
if an ideology says I should die for my sexuality, for instance, I think that movement should be thrown against the ****ing wall (I'm bisexual, at least - I feel even stronger on behalf of homosexuals).
at least the westboro baptist church doesn't want to behead me like some of "those" people. there are millions upon millions of "those" people, be they in my own country or in the middle east, that will at least want me in prison for my very existence. or at least my views against their own.

"oh you're so racist, how can you say that?" - how can *you* defend a religion that wants me to die? and religions have nothing to do with races. I'm pretty happy about that fact, because that means that all races can be sane and not muslims. all they need to do is actually sit down and think their religion through. like all the other apostates.
quote me - what have I said here that's "racist"?
(edited 7 years ago)
I suppose it is that simple in a 5 year-old's perspective.

Thanks for giving your personal five-year old view on this, clears up a lot about you and your argumentations.
Most terrorists are Muslims for non-religious regions. The Middle East has suffered through brutal dictators, failed western foreign policy, it is a desert far from anywhere, poor living standards - it is a thriving ground for corruption and extremism. Its no wonder that Islam developed extremist tenets, and we have Buddhism or Hinduism which grew in thriving, fertile lands.

People are incriminating Islam as the primary factor in this complex net of factors, the actual problem is war. War destroys lives, it then radicalises people and makes them more used to violence and generates hateful feelings - which are concentrated by extremist Islam. If Christianity were dominant in a war-torn country, we would see Christian extremists.

As for my solutions, we need to encourage the Muslim community to strongly denounce Islamic State on a political stage and also on TV. It is done a lot through social media, but that doesn't reach everyone. Additionally to prevent terror attacks, we need to tackle down on weapon black markets in Europe, the UK, we need more armed police at large rallies and events. But we can't prevent terror attacks, as Nice demonstrated. Terrorists will always adapt, but the least we can do is stop hating on what is evidently a volatile, malleable group of people, and start blaming the Islamic State for inspiring and radicalising these people. It is my view that if it were called something other than 'Islamic State', we wouldn't be seeing half of this mess, previously we've had Al-Shabab, al-Qaeda, who people know are vaguely Muslim or extremists, but never a state claiming to purport true Islam. Its both their fault and also racist bigots fault for falling for their propaganda name.

I think the main reason why people have issues with Islam is the inequality it encourages especially towards woman and gays. Unlike most other religions, it has not been able to adapt itself to modern Western ideologies. This is where the problem lies, the religion is often incompatible with our values and not enough is being done to make them to integrate and adopt our values.

However you still cannot say people's concerns are misdirected, at the end of the day, those terrorists were Muslims. You can't just pick and choose who you want to consider a 'Muslim'.

There is also only so much we can blame on the system, before we acknowledge that those terrorists committed those horrific acts on their own free wills, for religious reasons. I don't encourage people disapproving Islam as a whole where there is unjustified reasoning, but you simply can't criticise people for calling a spade a spade.

What most people are proposing is that we should urgently put measures to integrate the existing Muslim population. This begins with people including you, acknowledging that there is a cultural integration issue at the heart of the problem. Immigration and asylum application from Islamic countries must be heavily controlled and scrutinised.

I hope you can see that there is a sensible way to tackle a problem, but what we mustn't do is to ignore that there is a problem, and getting oversensitive over any criticisms of Islam.We need to keep in mind is that the measures are not only to protect the non-Muslim population, but the Muslims as well. Frustrations aside, we must act on the welfare of the Muslim population and ensure that their rights are not violated (e.g. racially motivated hate crimes).
What would you define 'integration' as?

Where there is no difference between all aspects of life between natives and immigrants, that is not the case in the Western world. Immigration has been a disaster, especially Muslim immigration.
Original post by sleepysnooze
I implore hatred against hateful ideologies.
if an ideology says I should die for my sexuality, for instance, I think that movement should be thrown against the ****ing wall (I'm bisexual, at least).
at least the westboro baptist church doesn't want to behead me like some of "those" people. there are millions upon millions of "those" people, be they in my own country or in the middle east, that will at least want me in prison for my very existence. or at least my views against their own.

"oh you're so racist, how can you say that?" - how can *you* defend a religion that wants me to die?

The religion doesn't want you to die, fool, neither do 1.6 billion Muslims. Why should 1.6 billion good, decent people who put their conscience before what they think is the word of god, be incriminated?

How is gallivanting around and instantly associating all Muslims with terrorism helping the situation?

We live in a **** world and we need to make the best of it, not go around like a fool encouraging ignorance.
Reply 113
You can't really dismiss the basic response of other people when faced with an actual terrorist crisis. Everyone knows not all Muslims are terrorists, but most terrorists happened to be Muslims. This is a basic fact. Their sensitivity is not misguided, it is a normal action-reaction response.

And to be frank, many of those who you accuse of 'denouncing' Islam actually are proposing a solution. You on the other hand isn't. What is your solution?

"Non-Muslims make up the majority of terrorists in the United States: According to the FBI, 94% of terrorist attacks carried out in the United States from 1980 to 2005 have been by non-Muslims."

" approximately 2.5%
of all terrorist attacks on U.S. soil between 1970 and 2012 were carried out by Muslims."

Unlike you, when I post something on the internet I like to make sure it's not some bs generalisations spewing out of my mouth. Unless you can provide some kind of empirical evidence, I suggest you try harder not to make a fool of yourself.
The religion doesn't want you to die, fool, neither do 1.6 billion Muslims. Why should 1.6 billion good, decent people who put their conscience before what they think is the word of god, be incriminated?

How is gallivanting around and instantly associating all Muslims with terrorism helping the situation?

We live in a **** world and we need to make the best of it, not go around like a fool encouraging ignorance.

The only one encouraging ignorance is you, pretending that Islam is not a problem. Pretending that it is a select few out of a massive group.
Reply 115
So all this hate against Islam is not justified.
Hmmm

Spoiler

I think the main reason why people have issues with Islam is the inequality it encourages especially towards woman and gays. Unlike most other religions, it has not been able to adapt itself to modern Western ideologies. This is where the problem lies, the religion is often incompatible with our values and not enough is being done to make them to integrate and adopt our values.

However you still cannot say people's concerns are misdirected, at the end of the day, those terrorists were Muslims. You can't just pick and choose who you want to consider a 'Muslim'.

There is also only so much we can blame on the system, before we acknowledge that those terrorists committed those horrific acts on their own free wills, for religious reasons. I don't encourage people disapproving Islam as a whole where there is unjustified reasoning, but you simply can't criticise people for calling a spade a spade.

What most people are proposing is that we should urgently put measures to integrate the existing Muslim population. This begins with people including you, acknowledging that there is a cultural integration issue at the heart of the problem. Immigration and asylum application from Islamic countries must be heavily controlled and scrutinised.

I hope you can see that there is a sensible way to tackle a problem, but what we mustn't do is to ignore that there is a problem, and getting oversensitive over any criticisms of Islam.We need to keep in mind is that the measures are not only to protect the non-Muslim population, but the Muslims as well. Frustrations aside, we must act on the welfare of the Muslim population and ensure that their rights are not violated (e.g. racially motivated hate crimes).

There is a massive problem with Islamist extremists, but the problem is not the religion. Criticising the religion to death won't make it go away, you need to look at the source and see why someone would resort to extremist Islam, it is NEVER a heart-filled desire to save their religion.

The other problem is right here. You think that in a democratic world of freedom of religion, religions should obey what we think is the right way of life. Well guess what, we aren't the only type of society, other societies in which women have a lesser role and are oppressed exists and people like that type of society. Not to mention the fact that a vast number of Muslims live in the western world, fully incorporated with western and Muslim beliefs - it is a myth to say that they haven't integrated, especially when we have our own Muslim mayor lmfao.

'Acknowledging' a cultural problem which arguably doesn't even exist is not a solution, the cultural problem is you failing to recognise that in our democratic society, we have the right to freedom of religion, regardless of what symbolically oppresses women or whatever.
Original post by M14B
So all this hate against Islam is not justified.
Hmmm

Spoiler

Hate is never justified against someone's way of life, its just bigotry
Reply 118
Hate is never justified against someone's way of life, its just bigotry

Happy to be one.
Good luck tomorrow

you think most people in iraq don't want, as a bisexual, to be in jail?
you think most people in jordan, don't want me, as a bisexual, to be in prison?
you think most people at least in *turkey*, don't want me locked up?
really?
seriously?
I don't think you get it
most muslims in the ****ing UK think I should *at least* be jailed. and that's a western country.

remember the girl would was going to be put to death for accidentally burning pages of the qur'an in pakistan?
remember the atheist bloggers in bangladesh that were hacked to death for their twitter comments by muslims?
most muslims in the UK come from or are the children of people who came from those two countries...and recent studies actually show that they're *more* radical than their parents...
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending