The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by XLittleSparrowX
Well goodbye my grades

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sure it won't be too much of a rise but I know they'll rise as last year the Hannah's sweets question brought A* down to 155 in Maths, it's mean to go up to about 170-175 this year.
Original post by ExoIceCream99
I'm sure it won't be too much of a rise but I know they'll rise as last year the Hannah's sweets question brought A* down to 155 in Maths, it's mean to go up to about 170-175 this year.

Yeah, not surprised about last year. Let's hope that they're low enough to make me feel better :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

that's way too high, i was thinking more 168 max
A* - 165
A - 135
B - 115
C - 70

***These grades are only estimates and are worst-case scenario grade boundaries for EDEXCEL maths GCSE
Original post by SmartBrain
A* - 165
A - 135
B - 115
C - 70

***These grades are only estimates and are worst-case scenario grade boundaries for EDEXCEL maths GCSE

I was thinking more like 130 for an A as it was slightly harder than 2013 and 2014 overall
Edexcel, to be honest, is easier than AQA. The AQA Modular Maths papers were solid.
Also, quick question, how do you understand the GCSE results published in the newspaper ?
wat does everyone think edexcel gcse maths GBs will be ?
Reply 1608
My IGCSE results were releaved and I got Turkish (first language): A*
Physics: A
mathemathics, chemistry.biology : B
unfortunately, English: D I wish I would be a native and don't have to cope with this language
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Vanilla Cupcake

No it's not trust me.

A* - 165

A - 135
B - 115
C - 70

A grade is accurate but A* has been way higher than that in edexcel.

http://www.mathsgenie.co.uk/papers/gradebound.pdf

The highest it's been is 176 so it won't go higher than that but i have reason to believe it'll be higher than 170
the result I'm most nervous for is definetly aqa B1 that exam was horrific
Original post by roisindarley

Yep, it really was :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by roisindarley

I didn't find it that bad tbh. We had the easiest 6 marker in history and even though I got the independent company question wrong, it was common knowledge. Alcohol and drugs did come up in the Drugs topic so they can question it, and even though drunk teenagers may be offensive it wasn't a bad question. I think Biology was pretty reasonable this year.
Also, quick question, how do you understand the GCSE results published in the newspaper ?

The number of GCSEs passed will be in a set of brackets "(x)" and the number of subjects taken will be next to it. For example, "10 (9)."
Original post by Jamie Vardy
The number of GCSEs passed will be in a set of brackets "(x)" and the number of subjects taken will be next to it. For example, "10 (9)."

Thanks !!!

The highest it's been is 176 so it won't go higher than that but i have reason to believe it'll be higher than 170

that was old spec so isn't relevant
the highest i've seen it on the current spec is 169, and i can't see it going higher than that, calculator seemed easy enough but non calculator had a few nonstandard questions towards the end

(do take this with a pinch of salt bc i did my maths gcse last year and am going off opinions of friends as well as my own after seeing the papers)

I think 176 was the old specification. With the new specification the highest grade was 165 and tbf that paper was super easy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
that was old spec so isn't relevant
the highest i've seen it on the current spec is 169, and i can't see it going higher than that, calculator seemed easy enough but non calculator had a few nonstandard questions towards the end

(do take this with a pinch of salt bc i did my maths gcse last year and am going off opinions of friends as well as my own after seeing the papers)

I thought it was 165 ahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm almost scared now, which for someone like me who normally doesn't worry about anything is scary.:s-smilie:

Latest