The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Aaron1256
I'm looking to do computer science and I believe I'm going to miss out on my conditional offer by 1 grade! Would you be able to tell me how likely or unlikely am I to get accepted into this course

Depends on your university. Ultimately Track will tell you.
Reply 81
Original post by Aaron1256
I'm looking to do computer science and I believe I'm going to miss out on my conditional offer by 1 grade! Would you be able to tell me how likely or unlikely am I to get accepted into this course

Airmed is the expert but generally there's a tiny bit of leeway with missing offers by a single grade if you've already been offered a place
Reply 82
Original post by AspiringBanker
Hi Airmed, apologies I didnt explain properly. My current firm choice is in clearing at the grades I already have. So is it possible tomorrow to ask them for a clearing offer instead of an unconditional firm offer so I have a clearing number to enquire about other courses?
Thanks
PQ any thoughts?

If you have the grades, it will change to UC F tomorrow. You can't go into Clearing on UCAS unless you reject all offers, and I severely doubt your uni would let you do that.
I'm going on holiday from this Sunday for over a week. If I do manage to get a clearing place is there anything I need to be aware of whilst I'm away? Will the uni be emailing me within that week etc.
Hi, Thank you for doing this!

Suppose I get a verbal offer for my desired course should I be jumping straight onto ucas and adding the clearing choice or wait for email confirmation and then add the choice to track?
I was wondering if you can help me , i recently decided to change my uni course completely to Primary education but I realised i needed to pass the Skills Test so I have booked one, It says you need to take evidence of Initial Teacher Training Candidates Application but I don't have this because intend on going through clearing onto the course, Am I too late to do this through clearing? I'm really confused now, any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Original post by Airmed
If you have the grades, it will change to UC F tomorrow. You can't go into Clearing on UCAS unless you reject all offers, and I severely doubt your uni would let you do that.

Can I call other universities without a clearing number? Can I explain my grades ect on the phone? Is it possible to get a potential verbal offer before I reject my current unconditional firm to go into clearing?
Thank you :smile:
Are other qualifications like the EPQ considered if applicants are one grade below the entry requirements?
Reply 88
Can I call other universities without a clearing number? Can I explain my grades ect on the phone? Is it possible to get a potential verbal offer before I reject my current unconditional firm to go into clearing?
Thank you :smile:

Unis don't give out verbal offers anymore. You can still call other unis but then you would have to be released into Clearing if you are serious about taking an offer from elsewhere.
Original post by Airmed
Unis don't give out verbal offers anymore. You can still call other unis but then you would have to be released into Clearing if you are serious about taking an offer from elsewhere.

Sorry just to be clear, so its not possible for a University to guarantee an offer until I actually reject my offers and go into clearing?
Reply 90
Original post by TelAviv
Are other qualifications like the EPQ considered if applicants are one grade below the entry requirements?

That depends on the uni and the course. :h:
Reply 91
Sorry just to be clear, so its not possible for a University to guarantee an offer until I actually reject my offers and go into clearing?

In some cases, yes. It depends on the uni.
Original post by Airmed
In some cases, yes. It depends on the uni.

Ok thank you for answering my questions :smile:
What are your chances of being accepted if you have 2 a levels at low grades?
Original post by Airmed
That depends on the uni and the course. :h:

Do you think the EPQ would count for more if it was in a subject related to the degree you're applying for?

Eg EPQ on law for a law degree
Reply 95
For adjustment I believe there's no actual 'adjustment hotline' as there is with clearing, so would I call the uni's clearing number or is there a different number I call?
Reply 96
Original post by TelAviv
Do you think the EPQ would count for more if it was in a subject related to the degree you're applying for?

Eg EPQ on law for a law degree

Personally, I would say yes, but don't take my word for it, please!

Original post by Zoroark
For adjustment I believe there's no actual 'adjustment hotline' as there is with clearing, so would I call the uni's clearing number or is there a different number I call?

Use the Clearing Helpline. :h:

Original post by Shadow_Lady
What are your chances of being accepted if you have 2 a levels at low grades?

Depends on the uni and course. Some are fine with it, others not so much.
What should I do if i get in my insurance but I want to enter clearing?
Reply 98
Original post by kingLAWZA
What should I do if i get in my insurance but I want to enter clearing?

Same rule applies as if it was your firm :smile: Ring them and ask them to release you into it. As I've said previously, they're under no obligation but they generally okay about doing so.
Original post by RachelS17
I was wondering if you can help me , i recently decided to change my uni course completely to Primary education but I realised i needed to pass the Skills Test so I have booked one, It says you need to take evidence of Initial Teacher Training Candidates Application but I don't have this because intend on going through clearing onto the course, Am I too late to do this through clearing? I'm really confused now, any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

If you need to pass the skills test before starting the course you might have a problem getting an appointment to do them in time, but certainly give the unis a call.

Latest

Trending

Trending