The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

OP - that depends entirely on what you want. I personally much prefer stable, long-lasting relationships to being single. Most people like the user below use sex as one of the biggest reasons as to why single life is favourable. Personally, I have never see the appeal of having sex with person after person after person. I don't really know how that is favourable anyway - sex is sex, whether its 5 times a day with the same dude/girl or with 5 different men or women. Childish reasoning really, in my opinion - same goes for the whole "freedom" *******s.

Original post by asif007
I turn 25 next month. People my age are already engaged and married - obviously it does bother me that I haven't found anyone suitable for myself, but as all my relationships so far have ended in ****, I've stopped caring. I don't see how what other people are doing affects me though, cos I have the freedom to keep f***ing all the chicks I want whereas they don't. People change for the worse after marriage, and that's not something I want to do or have to put up with from another person.

You sound like a sex-crazed 13 year old. This may be why you haven't found the right person.
Reply 81
Original post by Mathsmad123
Relationships are too much effort and just waste PRECIOUS hours of my life since I'm only 18. I can go clubbing, have fun, have one night stands and I'm enjoying my life.
People who get into relationships at a young age though, it is understandable.....something is missing in their life and the only way they can get that something is to be with someone.

THIS
Reply 82
Original post by Mathsmad123
Relationships are too much effort and just waste PRECIOUS hours of my life since I'm only 18. I can go clubbing, have fun, have one night stands and I'm enjoying my life.
People who get into relationships at a young age though, it is understandable.....something is missing in their life and the only way they can get that something is to be with someone.

THIS
Most people here who puts single obviously haven't had a decent relationship (still got baggage perhaps) or one at all. You can still have fun, go clubbing, whatever, but you also get that irreplaceable feeling/emotion called love. And that is honestly better than getting drunk every weekend clubbing, which to me is very boring anyway. A relationship shouldn't be hard work.
Original post by ivybridge

You sound like a sex-crazed 13 year old. This may be why you haven't found the right person.

That's a pretty big assumption from someone who knows nothing about my previous relationships. Sex is part of every healthy relationship whether you like it or not. And men need sex more than they admit to.
Reply 85
I'm in a long term relationship and I love it.
Original post by asif007
That's a pretty big assumption from someone who knows nothing about my previous relationships. Sex is part of every healthy relationship whether you like it or not. And men need sex more than they admit to.

It's not an assumption - it's literally the picture you are painting with your seemingly endless sex-related remarks.

Sex is indeed a healthy part of a relationship - you are clearly avoiding what I actually said and answering a different comment you've devised in your head.
It's not an assumption - it's literally the picture you are painting with your seemingly endless sex-related remarks.

Sex is indeed a healthy part of a relationship - you are clearly avoiding what I actually said and answering a different comment you've devised in your head.

Sex is important, hence why I talk about it. Obviously I'm a lot more open about it than most people here - get used to it. But don't come out with BS about my enjoyment of sex affecting my relationships - you don't know what you're talking about.
I'm single and really enjoy being able to make decisions without thinking about how it would impact on someone else. I'm moving to the other end of the country next month, something which would have been a lot harder if I was in a relationship. I'm very goal focussed and think it could become easy to be lazy and just want to spend all my time with my partner instead of focussing on working hard (not saying others are like this, I just know that's what I'm like when I really like someone).

At the same time I really do crave the companionship, and the feeling of knowing someone cares deeply about me. It's been 5 years since I was in a relationship and it gets to me a lot that no one ever seems to like me in that way.

I'd say both have their advantages and disadvantages, I'd imagine nothing beats being in a relationship with the right person though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 89
Unless you can get regular sex while single, it isnt worth debating.

Before you say thats the problem with a relationsbip, thrm youre in the wrong one 😉
Original post by asif007
Sex is important, hence why I talk about it. Obviously I'm a lot more open about it than most people here - get used to it. But don't come out with BS about my enjoyment of sex affecting my relationships - you don't know what you're talking about.

Literally didn't even say this 😂
Literally didn't even say this 😂

Right here bro. Get your brain in gear:

Original post by asif007
Right here bro. Get your brain in gear:

That doesn't translate into your rather insecure comments. Keep backing up my point, mate ❤️
That doesn't translate into your rather insecure comments. Keep backing up my point, mate ❤️

http://s3.amazonaws.com/rapgenius/4db77_ORIG-look_at_all_the_****s_i_give.jpg
(edited 7 years ago)
Being single or in a relationship is a matter of choice or you can say that sometimes it depends on the situation of that person.

What a shame this idiot got himself banned after more than 7,000 posts on TSR. Smallest violin in the world.

Just goes to show, you can't cure stupidity and you can't argue with the facts of life no matter how hard you try. Goodbye and good riddance.
Original post by asif007
What a shame this idiot got himself banned after more than 7,000 posts on TSR. Smallest violin in the world.

Just goes to show, you can't cure stupidity and you can't argue with the facts of life no matter how hard you try. Goodbye and good riddance.

Who
Reply 97
Well do you like having someone to kiss make out with do all that or do you like I guess being free not being like if I leave he will be lonely.

You can only decide that NOT us! Good Luck!
Hmmm not sure but after a while being single I think I would like a relationship. It’s not my sole objective like a lot of people who are single however

Latest

Trending

Trending