The Student Room Group

Crying on as results day

As the day is more for year 13s than year 12s is it bad to cry on results day for year 12?
I'm a bit of a cryer so I'm just worried in case I start crying
I probably will becuase I screwed up last years results and getting bad AS results is gonna crush me
I'm opening mine in the car with my mum outside school because no matter what I get I'll cry from the build up of fear/excitement/dread/disappointment/sadness/happiness. Also I could pass out when I get myself so worked up for something :frown:
Reply 3
Nah, I cried buckets last year. It means just as much because that's what's most important in your academic life at the minute. Always hated when people in years above try to belittle the lower years' fears.
Reply 4
Nah, I wouldn't blame you to be honest, an exam is an exam, results are always scary. If it makes you feel any better, I even worry about end of topic tests! Good luck by the way!
Reply 5
Well I'm going to save myself the embarrassment of opening five U grades and do it in the car, and then with a bit of luck, fewer people will see me cry.
I cried on AS results day, as I didn't get the grade I thought I would in one of my subjects (I got a B, but I seriously thought I'd get an A!). Nobody saw though as I got my results online at home, luckily! The same thing happened on A2 results day as well, but I got over it :tongue:
Original post by Babyoleg
As the day is more for year 13s than year 12s is it bad to cry on results day for year 12?

It's fine.

Better than those guys that cry when they get 89% UMS instead of 90%.
Original post by ImagineCats
I'm opening mine in the car with my mum outside school because no matter what I get I'll cry from the build up of fear/excitement/dread/disappointment/sadness/happiness. Also I could pass out when I get myself so worked up for something :frown:

I don't blame you

:hugs::hugs:

You'll have done brilliantly :biggrin: and if not, make sure someone is there to catch you!
Reply 9
Original post by Vicky628
I don't blame you

:hugs::hugs:

You'll have done brilliantly :biggrin: and if not, make sure someone is there to catch you!

Thanks!! Tbh I think I'll cry either way! I was basically already crying before I even got to school at GCSE results:colondollar:
Thanks!! Tbh I think I'll cry either way! I was basically already crying before I even got to school at GCSE results:colondollar:

That's allowed:biggrin: but best of luck:h:

I opened mine in the car with mum last year and bawled my eyes out because I did better than I could've ever expected. Sad or happy tears, cry all you want
No, I'll probably be crying if I get upset. Whilst ours might not dictate whether or not we get into university just yet, but they're still important to us. They're the hardest exams we've (probably) done to date, and we put a lot of stress and effort into them.
Nah man, there's bound to be people in both year 13 and 12 crying, I'll come join ya, the build up to all this is awful - It's even worse in year 13 unfortunately.
Reply 14
The day is for everyone getting results. You can cry all you like. Nobody has a monopoly on emotional investment lol
i cried on AS results day! I got ABBB, which i know is a great set of results and nothing to be sad about, but I had let myself believe that I was going to get at least 3 A's. It was a shock to say the least, a wake up call to let me know that no, i had not revised/worked hard enough, and no A Levels are not a breeze. Overall, emotions on results day are sky high, so you won't be abnormal if you tear up a little (or a lot), don't worry :smile:
Original post by GradeA*UnderA
It's fine.

Better than those guys that cry when they get 89% UMS instead of 90%.

Unless that one grade makes the difference between getting into your firm or your insurance. :tongue:
Though for Y12s that would be stupid as they can't get A*s
Original post by RDKGames
Unless that one grade makes the difference between getting into your firm or your insurance. :tongue:
Though for Y12s that would be stupid as they can't get A*s

The university would be a proper bastard to reject someone because of one mark.
Original post by GradeA*UnderA
The university would be a proper bastard to reject someone because of one mark.

It happens, it's dumb but it does :frown: Luckily a lot of university consider people who have missed their offer by one grade a second priority so it's not completely hopeless :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest