The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lulu1609
Is it possible for a uni to email you saying they've accepted you before you see it on track?

It's possible (the embargo on then stops at 6am) but unlikely...they wont have people on their phonelines until 8am ish in most cases (although a few will open at 7:30am like UCAS).
Original post by izzy_hill
if you haven't watched already/if you have netflix, i'd say watch orange is the new black.

a) it's a fantastic well written show with brilliant characters/plot

b) it's so addictive that you will literally not be able to stop watching so these next 10 hours could go by in a breeze lol

if not that then Sherlock, American Horror Story, Friends, or maybe the LOTR/Hobbit trilogies would be good if you're into that!!

Thanks! I shall try it :smile:
Original post by Lulu1609
Is it possible for a uni to email you saying they've accepted you before you see it on track?

The embargo means that they shouldnt do this.
Original post by PQ
In either case your firm would still stand

The only thing to be careful about with adjustment is that it is up to the university you adjust to to "fish" you out of adjustment...so if you speak to them on the phone and they make you an offer and you aren't CLEAR that you want to think about it and get back to them then they *could* misunderstand, think you've accepted and take you away from your firm. It's happened in the past, it IS reversible but it's obviously a stressful situation to get into so be nice and clear on the phone. Always finish a phone call with something like "just to be clear - you're making me an offer but I'd like to think about it before deciding whether to accept or not. I will get back to you by 5pm today (or 9am tomorrow or whenever you're happy) if I'd like to accept your offer and adjust to your university".

Okay thanks alot for your help!
Original post by Aph
You want an origami kitten/picachu?!

Well cats are considered food in some places...

I'm expecting to see a bunch of photos of "origami" pizza slices and voltorbs tbh :wink: but it would be nice to be surprised

My favourite pokemon to leave at gyms are a diglett, a lickitongue and a weepinbell
Can't wait until tomorrow and everyone who was *****ing themselves is back here celebrating their 273737 A*s and I'm just basking in my failure
Original post by izzy_hill
if you haven't watched already/if you have netflix, i'd say watch orange is the new black.

a) it's a fantastic well written show with brilliant characters/plot

b) it's so addictive that you will literally not be able to stop watching so these next 10 hours could go by in a breeze lol

if not that then Sherlock, American Horror Story, Friends, or maybe the LOTR/Hobbit trilogies would be good if you're into that!!

I already approve before reading the rest of this post.

Original post by thatcooldude2.0
Can anyone recommend any good TV shows I can watch for the next 10 hours?
I need something to distract me from thinking about my impending doom

Also Breaking Bad, How I Met Your Mother and The Walking Dead. :biggrin:
Hello! I've recently posted a blog post titled What To Do After Results Day, check it out if you want :smile: it covers what to do if your results don't turn out okay (both As and A2) thank you :smile:
http://ow.ly/YsCl303kO1I
Original post by Kamara7

Also Breaking Bad, How I Met Your Mother and The Walking Dead. :biggrin:

Thanks! :smile:
Original post by yoli1998
Not sure, but I hope so! Looking at some courses there. Best of luck to you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why you going there?
Original post by thatcooldude2.0
Thanks! :smile:

Although i would recommend you sleep, if you're going to binge on something how I met your mother is a good one to go for :smile:
is adjustment always guaranteed if you have the grades and the university is able to accept students? and are there any interviews after?
Original post by QuantumSylar
is adjustment always guaranteed if you have the grades and the university is able to accept students? and are there any interviews after?

Adjustment, like clearing, will vary between universities. Some will want to put you through your paces. Others will be working through a script.
Original post by QuantumSylar

If its a course that normally interviews then i d expect them to do them through adjustment. Nothings ever guaranteed but it's worth a try if you meet the criteria :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by isobelhayes
Hey, how would I find examiners reports/Mark schemes? (AQA) Thanks in advance guys.

You can't access them until May 2017 but your teacher can access them tomorrow

on second thoughts, I found them!
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B-YN4_YfkBkVcFNPVjJ3OHVmYUE
(edited 7 years ago)
Guys what do I do?
I need to update my number on UCAS but obviously its offline untill 8.
What if i need to call universities or they need to call me? What do i do? I have a new mobile number, and my home number wont be much use since im at my dad's not my mums. :s-smilie:
Surely someone has Edexcel examiner reports?!
Original post by isobelhayes
Hey, how would I find examiners reports/Mark schemes? (AQA) Thanks in advance guys.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4257464
Reply 7279
Original post by PQ
I'm expecting to see a bunch of photos of "origami" pizza slices and voltorbs tbh :wink: but it would be nice to be surprised

My favourite pokemon to leave at gyms are a diglett, a lickitongue and a weepinbell

Well I'm rubish at origami anyway :lol: once I was trying to make an elf with half coloured paper. One side was red and the other white and I ended up folding it wrong and got a red elf with a white hat :toofunny: it was a very angry elf.

Quick Reply

Latest