The Student Room Group

The world is going to tear itself apart with Islam hate

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CherishFreedom
And btw, if you want a poll, I can give you something better such as the statistic on the percentage of Terrorist acts committed by Muslims in the past decade, vs non-Muslims.

Like this one?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/omar-alnatour/muslims-are-not-terrorist_b_8718000.html
Original post by alevelstresss
I'm pretty sure that 5 years ago, 52% of old people / tory supporters wanted the same tbh

The survey was conducted in 2016.

Give me the poll stating that 52% or more of old people or tory supporters held this view in 2016 or indeed in the last 5 years.
Reply 162
are you done with these childish oversimplifications of a massively complex problem? or do you want some more white people to die because of your bigotry?

:rofl:

Or alternatively I can give you the government statistic on terrorism-related arrests and crimes.

The survey was conducted in 2016.

Give me the poll stating that 52% or more of old people or tory supporters held this view in 2016 or indeed in the last 5 years.

So what? and obviously it was a guess
So what? and obviously it was a guess

So you are arguing against statistics with a guess?
Or alternatively I can give you the government statistic on terrorism-related arrests and crimes.

this is in the UK alone, this problem extends far beyond the UK mate
So you are arguing against statistics with a guess?

The point which I was emphasising, is that Muslims aren't the only people holding what you describe 'incompatible views' with western society. But you focus on Islam anyway as if its the sole cause of these problems, it isn't. Homophobia exists beyond just some Muslims in the western world.
I'm pretty sure that 5 years ago, 52% of old people / tory supporters wanted the same tbh

If that were true, it would actually prove our point. Which you don't realize because you are not very good at debating and lack basic logic.

Old voters. Yes. Voters that grew up in a different era. The beautiful thing about our culture is that is evolving, getting better, adapting.

Islam does none of those things. It can't, by definition, because the Quran is the word of Allah, true til all eternity.
this is in the UK alone, this problem extends far beyond the UK mate

Here we are, in a UK based forum, talking about remedying the terrorism problem for the UK, and also explicitly stating that 'we should not intervene with other countries' politics'. And somehow you thought that I was referring to imposing a solution on countries that we have no influence whatsoever?

And isn't it strange you try to deflect again from the statistic, when it's right in front of you.
The point which I was emphasising, is that Muslims aren't the only people holding what you describe 'incompatible views' with western society. But you focus on Islam anyway as if its the sole cause of these problems, it isn't. Homophobia exists beyond just some Muslims in the western world.

Yes, but they don't have the holiest of holy books, true til all eternity telling them this...
Here we are, in a UK based forum, talking about remedying the terrorism problem for the UK, and also explicitly stating that 'we should not intervene with other countries' politics'. And somehow you thought that I was referring to imposing a solution on countries that we have no influence whatsoever?

And isn't it strange you try to deflect again from the statistic, when it's right in front of you.

You've deflected from pretty much every single thing I've said so don't whinge about me deflecting from what is obviously a meaningless statistic. Christians are against homosexuality too, are they exempt from criticism because they are non-foreign? You just have bigoted attitudes towards foreign cultures because it feels good to blame your own little issues on another culture.

Disparity is the key point, of course there will always be homophobes, but the statistic shows that there is a vast disparity between the cultural beliefs of Muslims and non-Muslims. And this is where the division lies, and where terrorism arises because of such incompatibility.
Original post by inhuman
Yes, but they don't have the holiest of holy books, true til all eternity telling them this...

did you forget about Christianity?
Disparity is the key point, of course there will always be homophobes, but the statistic shows that there is a vast disparity between the cultural beliefs of Muslims and non-Muslims. And this is where the division lies, and where terrorism arises because of such incompatibility.

It's been said so many times before, democracy fundamentally supports freedom of speech, belief and religion.

You're practically advocating for an authoritarian regime (like Nazi Germany) where freedom of belief and religion isn't allowed, which is far worse than what the very Muslims you are trying to incriminate propose.

Do you see how backwards your argument is?
did you forget about Christianity?

Did you forget all the evidence that Christianity has managed to change?

Or is our culture still the same as 500 years ago?
You've deflected from pretty much every single thing I've said so don't whinge about me deflecting from what is obviously a meaningless statistic. Christians are against homosexuality too, are they exempt from criticism because they are non-foreign? You just have bigoted attitudes towards foreign cultures because it feels good to blame your own little issues on another culture.

Statistic shows that only 29% of Christians disapprove of homosexuality.

What do you say to this, or would you like to pick something else to deflect the attention to?
Original post by inhuman
Did you forget all the evidence that Christianity has managed to change?

Or is our culture still the same as 500 years ago?

Did you ignore the fact that 1.6 billion Muslims evidently don't go out and kill non-believers, or is Islam exempt from your interpretation of religions changing because its a 'dirty dirty foreign backwards culture'?
Statistic shows that only 29% of Christians disapprove of homosexuality.

What do you say to this, or would you like to pick something else to deflect the attention to?

Thanks for proving my point, just under a third of Christians are against homosexuality, should a third of Christians be deported for having 'incompatible beliefs'?
It's been said so many times before, democracy fundamentally supports freedom of speech, belief and religion.

You're practically advocating for an authoritarian regime (like Nazi Germany) where freedom of belief and religion isn't allowed, which is far worse than what the very Muslims you are trying to incriminate propose.

Do you see how backwards your argument is?

We have every reason to fight ideologies like Islam.

"Unlimited tolerance must lead to the disappearance of tolerance. If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them
."

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending