Any point applying to Centerview? Seems like a CV black hole

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dasu95

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did last cycle, and got through to Skype interview
Original post by Oschene23
I did last cycle, and got through to Skype interview

Nice one! just out of curiosity are you at one of the following: oxbridge, lse, ucl, imperial or warwick? Not sure whether semi-target students would get noticed on there, let alone a non-target student
Original post by Breakingbank
Nice one! just out of curiosity are you at one of the following: oxbridge, lse, ucl, imperial or warwick? Not sure whether semi-target students would get noticed on there, let alone a non-target student

I'm at a non-target but still good university (Sussex) and will still be applying to all the most competitive places. Very slim chance but if you have a solid CV (i.e. good results, good experience) and can put up an extremely good interview there is always a chance, so I wouldn't worry and just apply!
Original post by Broocklyn
Is CS sending off numericals right after the application?

Verbal and then numerical, literally as soon as you send it off.
Original post by Breakingbank

Nope, but had strong work experience so didn't matter.
Original post by dasu95

Posted from TSR Mobile

SA will be open in September, now only FT is open
Original post by olly_price
Verbal and then numerical, literally as soon as you send it off.

Thanks man. Btw I study at Kent, very similar to Sussex
Is it possible to get in Technology division without studying computer science/engineering?
Original post by B-Stacks
Is it possible to get in Technology division without studying computer science/engineering?

Yes

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Broocklyn
Thanks man. Btw I study at Kent, very similar to Sussex

Oh cool, I'm from Faversham which is about a 13 minute train from Canterbury lol.
Reply 711
Original post by katuok
Same here, mostly basic technicals. I guess it also depends on your background (and interviewers).

Pm'd you, could we discuss about it?
Reply 712
Original post by Bodanek
Pm'd you, could we discuss about it?

Sure! You're interviewing for next summer? I thought they would wait till September to start interviews.

Maybe i should've asked whether i'll be heavily disadantaged? I understand that there are roles like business analysts in tech but will there be like a requirement to still have some knowledge on like programming/computer/language skills, since I have none.
Reply 714
MS is flexible in terms of accepting apps from final year students for internships right?
Reply 715
Original post by LMAX
MS is flexible in terms of accepting apps from final year students for internships right?

Yes
Maybe i should've asked whether i'll be heavily disadantaged? I understand that there are roles like business analysts in tech but will there be like a requirement to still have some knowledge on like programming/computer/language skills, since I have none.

You might want to look into getting some basic skills and understanding of the stuff you mentioned if you want to do Tech Division.. otherwise it could be like applying to IBD and not knowing what M&A does
Original post by LMAX

I've seen multiple cases of it so I would imagine so.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Honestly no. All the tech folk I've spoken to have said that you'll learn as you go along, there were of course CS students there but also Economics, Languages etc the subject itself isn't as important as your ability to pick things up.

That all said, I would still use some time to get acquainted with programming - Codecademy is perfect for that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheParham
You might want to look into getting some basic skills and understanding of the stuff you mentioned if you want to do Tech Division.. otherwise it could be like applying to IBD and not knowing what M&A does

This^

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending