The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by PQ
Reading emailed 300+ acceptances on Sunday morning. After we'd all been sent a very grumpy message from UCAS saying there were 3 breaches of the Scottish results.

Then this one too...

My Lord, that's bad.
Original post by Snufkin
That's dedication! :thumbsup: I had no idea you still came on TSR.

That's not dedication, that's the job :wink: I still come on occasionally, but nowhere near as much as I used to :moon:

Original post by Quick_look_busy
Original post by Airmed
You should have gotten that Clearing number off UCAS. This sounds very odd.

I won't name the Uni but informed my son by text 2pm today of a 6 digit Clearing number and said would call him tomorrow morning. Out of order if correct. Embargo?

Report it to UCAS first thing tomorrow - they've screwed up
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 142
Original post by Mrs X
thanks!

another question, if I hold a conditional offer, will I know tomorrow if I had a place?

I finished an access course and sent all my certificates to Uni last week.

Hopefully, since Track has been frozen. :smile:
Question: would any Uni other than Firm / Insurance even have visibility of a candidates UCAS Clesring number at this point? Does pre-reg for Clearing permit that?

It's a possibility

Universities can certainly see applicants in clearing on the university version of Track. That doesn't require (or provide) clearing numbers though
Original post by PQ
It's a possibility

Universities can certainly see applicants in clearing on the university version of Track. That doesn't require (or provide) clearing numbers though

Thanks..

Whether correct or not it's certainly tipped my son's world upside down tonight.

If true, then let's see if they offer him a place tomorrow. If they don't then UCAS and the institution in question will get it both barrels from me.
Thanks..

Whether correct or not it's certainly tipped my son's world upside down tonight.

If true, then let's see if they offer him a place tomorrow. If they don't then UCAS and the institution in question will get it both barrels from me.

Even if it's true their systems have failed to keep information secure. Please report them to UCAS to make sure it doesn't happen again.

And fingers crossed for your son tomorrow.
Original post by Snufkin
That's dedication! :thumbsup: I had no idea you still came on TSR.

We do, but we're restricted on the threads we're allowed to interact with.
Reply 147
I'm gonna vanish off to bed now, 6.30 start for me! But I'll be back tomorrow and will do my best to answer questions throughout the day.:h:

Big thanks to @PQ, @Origami Bullets, @claireestelle and @Deyesy for all your answering of questions. :h: Honestly, awesome work.

Also, thanks to @Roving Fish and @She-Ra for promoting this thread, and all who run the TSR accounts. Such a lovely surprise!

Night night and good luck to everyone getting results tomorrow!
Hi! I'm holding a firm and insurance offer but applied to pre-clearing just in case. A certain uni emailed me my clearing number for that specific uni. Does that mean I'm already in clearing?
Original post by Airmed
I'm gonna vanish off to bed now, 6.30 start for me! But I'll be back tomorrow and will do my best to answer questions throughout the day.:h:

Big thanks to @PQ, @Origami Bullets, @claireestelle and @Deyesy for all your answering of questions. :h: Honestly, awesome work.

Also, thanks to @Roving Fish and @She-Ra for promoting this thread, and all who run the TSR accounts. Such a lovely surprise!

Night night and good luck to everyone getting results tomorrow!

:adore: :heart:
Reply 150
Original post by jjamm
Hi! I'm holding a firm and insurance offer but applied to pre-clearing just in case. A certain uni emailed me my clearing number for that specific uni. Does that mean I'm already in clearing?

Please report that uni to UCAS. They've broken the embargo. Unfortunately it does sound like you are and it's rubbish you found out this way.
Reply 151
Original post by She-Ra
:adore: :heart:

Aw. :hugs: Good luck tomorrow in the office from me and a certain cuddly animal toy! :h:
Original post by jjamm

If it's a Clearing number for that specific university, that's something they've made up and can be safely ignored - it's a marketing technique (and a crap one at that - it's going to cause widespread confusion)

If, however, they've sent you a Clearing number issued by UCAS, then they are going to have some explaining to do...
Hello,
I am confused.
Can I call the uni at 8.00 am if I haven't got in to firm or insurance and have the clearing number.

Or do I need to wait until 10 am when I also collect my results ?
Please help
Original post by PensAndPaper
Hello,
I am confused.
Can I call the uni at 8.00 am if I haven't got in to firm or insurance and have the clearing number.

Or do I need to wait until 10 am when I also collect my results ?
Please help

You'll be able to check UCAS from ~8am, which will (usually) show whether or not you've got into your firm / insurance.

However, there's no point in calling up universities and trying to get a place through Clearing until you have your actual results - we can't do anything if you don't know if you've got AAA or EEE, and we're just going to tell you to call back when you know.
Original post by Origami Bullets
If it's a Clearing number for that specific university, that's something they've made up and can be safely ignored - it's a marketing technique (and a crap one at that - it's going to cause widespread confusion)

If, however, they've sent you a Clearing number issued by UCAS, then they are going to have some explaining to do...

Thanks so much! ☺️☺️
Original post by jjamm
Thanks so much! ☺️☺️

No problem - good luck!

I'm off to bed shortly - early start for me too!
So if you get rejected from both firm and insurance is there any point ringing any of them for clearing or waste of time?
I got ABB in psychology, bio and chem last year

I retook this year because i wanted to get into London unis, I never applied last year because I really wasn't sure on what I wanted to do.
So if I have retaken them and didn't improve and also therefore won't have met their entry requirements.

How will clearing look at me if I didn't improve -_- and want to go to Queens as clearing offer AAB
will it be different acceptance for me because i retook and did not improve ? theoretically

also to study biomedical science
Original post by Airmed
As Claire says, use adjustment if you exceed your firm offer, because it means that just in case you don't get an offer through Clearing, you still have the firm to rely on.

At my uni, we can take applications from people who hold offers elsewhere (some unis DON'T do this, however, so please check). If we make an offer though, we require you to inform your firm and UCAS though so that you can be released into Clearing.

If the University wasn't willing to give me an offer because i still have my firm offer, and then i would have to get my clearing code, how long would that take? Because i'm worried that while i wait for my clearing code, the vacancies would be taken by other applicants.
I'm really panicking! :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending