The Student Room Group

Newbie here ... I need some advice on a fixed penalty notice

Hi there ... i recently recieved a fixed penalty notice for not having any current mot on an old car that i own lying round the side of my house ... I have the vehicle Sorned and the engine has been removed from the vehicle for around 5 months now ... I live in northern ireland and have been told the law is different to the mainland regarding these matters .. is there any point fighting this or should i just pay the fine ?
Original post by CYBERJACK
Hi there ... i recently recieved a fixed penalty notice for not having any current mot on an old car that i own lying round the side of my house ... I have the vehicle Sorned and the engine has been removed from the vehicle for around 5 months now ... I live in northern ireland and have been told the law is different to the mainland regarding these matters .. is there any point fighting this or should i just pay the fine ?

Is it on private land? If it's on a public road, even if it is sorn it needs to be on private land. It can't be declared off the road and still be on public road.
If it was on private land I'd challenge it.
If not, you've learnt something!
The laws are slightly different so check the website or ring dva in NI but you should challenge it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending