The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7840
Original post by Zer0.
If my friends insurance texted him saying he's in, does that mean he's missed his firm offer?

That would be my guess, no way of knowing for sure until track comes onlines, could be an admin error.
Original post by JPFM
My firm uni has just emailed me saying Ive got my place, is this correct this early?

That's right. Universities can email from 6am :smile:

Original post by Penguinfarts
So I made the mistake of checking my insurance Kent to check if I was in there, It says I am "Holding an offer elsewhere" but I don't actually know if that means I am into my firm or into clearing :frown:

It means you're either in to your firm or they're still deciding. It doesn't mean clearing.
Had a results day dream but realised it was a dream, very nice to have a long lucid dream the night before results :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am most scared about disappointing teachers who believed in me :/ is that weird?
Just got my results for the third time and I've got 2 D's.. I honestly don't know where I keep going wrong, I felt my exams went really well and I answered all the questions I did correctly (A* in bio 4). I'm numb to the whole thing now and I don't have a clue what to do
Original post by GlenChloco
Should I be worried if I dont hear from my firm uni before track opens??

No not at all, the are breaking the embargo set upon them by UCAS if they contact you earlier so most will not contact you directly till after 8am when UCAS has updated.
Original post by Zer0.
If my friends insurance texted him saying he's in, does that mean he's missed his firm offer?

I wouldn't be sure until Track opens... :sad:

No.
Okay it's 6am, I have just woken up after 4 hours of sleep, no way am I going back to that. Time to wait it out.

No. Not all universities will email/text early. And even if they do they could be sending thousands of emails - so not all will send instantly- or they could have been eaten by your spam filter.
Original post by Nirgilis
The grades work differently for GCSE and A-levels :yep: . You're about 3 years too far into the future with this thread :tongue:

Congratulations! :awesome: . What do you want to study? :smile:

Thanks dude! I will be studying maths!

I personally thank you and all the other moderators for being up this early and late every night helping answer our questions and calming us down. It really does help the situation, and definitely puts a smile on my face! :h:
My son's into Durham, with A*AA. Here's where I bow out. Wishing you all the best of luck for the rest of the day.
Original post by Aph
Over 50% of MEI F.maths students got at least an A for one.

Have gone to bed yet, fell asleep last time and you were still on, all nighter ?
Original post by Zer0.

Wait to see what tracks says but i m afraid that could be the case.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Real_jenn
I wish everyone the best of luck many if you deserve the wonderful grades and I'm almost certain you will get them! In a couple of hours latest you will all be partying over your grades promise!
😂🙌🏾🎉

That's really sweet :smile:

Are you getting results too? :smile:

Original post by soLit
I am most scared about disappointing teachers who believed in me :/ is that weird?

:nah: . When does school open for you? :smile:

Original post by Karambir Singh
Just got my results for the third time and I've got 2 D's.. I honestly don't know where I keep going wrong, I felt my exams went really well and I answered all the questions I did correctly (A* in bio 4). I'm numb to the whole thing now and I don't have a clue what to do

Are you able to go and speak to someone at school about your results?
Reply 7854
Original post by Natalierm2707
No not at all, the are breaking the embargo set upon them by UCAS if they contact you earlier so most will not contact you directly till after 8am when UCAS has updated.

I thought the embargo ended at 6 not 8...
Original post by Natalierm2707

The embargo lifted at 6am
I have to make a quick choice between Biochemistry at King's College or Medicine in Rome, Italy. I'm pretty sure I will go and do Medicine as that's what I've always wanted :smile:
Original post by Nirgilis
If you've missed your grades that significantly, you will need to go in to school and speak to someone. It might be worth getting exam scripts back to have a look at where you might have fallen down slightly, or request a remark. At least call them up for me? :smile:

Thanks :smile: but I know I failed on the AQA maths papers so I guess it was to be expected, I'll just wait until Clearing starts. On the Clearing vacancies if the entry requirement is lower, i.e ABB or something do I bother calling up? Thanks for your support btw
Reply 7858
Original post by Altun63
Have gone to bed yet, fell asleep last time and you were still on, all nighter ?
yeah all nighter. I couldn't sleep
Original post by postexamtalk
Thanks dude! I will be studying maths!

I personally thank you and all the other moderators for being up this early and late every night helping answer our questions and calming us down. It really does help the situation, and definitely puts a smile on my face! :h:

Well, that's quite alright :smile: . Do you have any plans for this summer? :smile:

Original post by DrSocSciences
My son's into Durham, with A*AA. Here's where I bow out. Wishing you all the best of luck for the rest of the day.

Would you pass on our congratulations for us please? :h:

Quick Reply

Latest