2) Immigration
3) Democracy

In that order.

Who's that in your profile pic?
Original post by S1939
Who's that in your profile pic?

Arthur Wellesley, the Iron Duke
Original post by alexjones1994
Look at my early points. I will add though that the vote was the vote of the working class people who wanted to bring the educated down to the working class level. You want a country that is prosperous for the working class? Fine. Lets compete with China. £1 minimum wage, no health and safety, poor living conditions and we can all die at age 70. That sounds good to me.

Honestly my friend, working class has nothing to do with it. My family are fairly wealthy and we voted leave because the uncontrolled immigration is putting a strain on our resources and the NHS.

Not to mention so many other countries now are looking towards leaving. Look at what is happening to the Italian banks, you want to end up paying towards bailing them out? The EU has become something it was never intended to become when it was initially conceptualised and is hampering our financial growth.

Most of our family money is tied to housing, oil and investments in technology. When the pound dropped we bought up alot of stocks in and around london. Then FTSE 100 reached an eleven month high sometime after we left the EU meaning we gained even more money and PIPs from selling the stocks we bought.

So no, t is not just the working class
Reply 43
Original post by sleepysnooze
no, it's true. the EU is obsessed with tariffs and non-tariff barriers. it's the whole reason why the EU is economically stagnant

why is democracy sad?

it will involve movement but not staying :| do you not understand that? does a trader have to immigrate to another country merely to exchange materials?

Simply wrong.

Nationalism is sad.

And again, wrong, and highlights you refuse to see the truth because it doesn't fit into your opinion.

It doesn't matter though. You will see what's gonna happen :wink: good luck
Reply 44
Original post by Freddyt58
Honestly my friend, working class has nothing to do with it. My family are fairly wealthy and we voted leave because the uncontrolled immigration is putting a strain on our resources and the NHS.

Not to mention so many other countries now are looking towards leaving. Look at what is happening to the Italian banks, you want to end up paying towards bailing them out? The EU has become something it was never intended to become when it was initially conceptualised and is hampering our financial growth.

Most of our family money is tied to housing, oil and investments in technology. When the pound dropped we bought up alot of stocks in and around london. Then FTSE 100 reached an eleven month high sometime after we left the EU meaning we gained even more money and PIPs from selling the stocks we bought.

So no, t is not just the working class

This argument is always the one that makes me laugh the hardest.

The NHS is nothing without foreigners...ahahahahaha

And the last paragraph. I would not invest daddy's money if I were you. Ever.
Reply 45
Original post by TheIr0nDuke
Subjective lmao

>wanting to read your butthurt sore loser discourse

Nah

They are all objective. Which we can't change inside the EU.

Was it the Guardian or the Independent who told you that Leave voters were nasty, mean, xenophobic people? l m a o

You can pretend all you like. Even if that's not your main reason, your underlying viewpoint that leads you to vote Leave over everything else, is just that.
Original post by Kyle1198
Disclaimer: I don't have an opinion for either side because I don't think there would be much difference whether we left or stayed.

But what I do know is that people voted leave for reasons apart from racism. There are problems with Greece and Turkey who are in trouble and have to borrow money from the EU which the UK contributes to, and some people feel that it's getting too much for us.

Also may I add that the £350mil figure isn't a blatant lie, yes it's a misleading figure but that's what we pay NOT INCLUDING what we get back. If the leave campaign had said we contributed that amount and then stated what we got back, no one could hav branded them a liar. Everyone fudges figures to get persuade. Remain campaign stars 9/10 economists think we should stay in the EU. I could cherry pick a certain number of economists and easily say 9/10 of that number say we should leave.

Notice how I did not mention immigration a single time

Except that was a survey of 600 economists which meant it had an expected error of only 4% or so.

Leavers keep saying "both sides lied" and it is almost a matter of political correctness since the vote to preface any comment with "both sides lied". But I can't actually see any instance where the Remain side ever did lie.
i voted leave because i hate croissant, its just fancy bread and is spelt nothing like how u pronounce it!
I'm just intrigued as to why an educated young person would vote leave? What could you possibly achieve from leaving the EU?

The only thing I can think of is less immigrants? So basically you are all xenophobes. Congrats.

Your question implies that voting the opposite suggests a lack of education.
I'm just intrigued as to why an educated young person would vote leave? What could you possibly achieve from leaving the EU?

The only thing I can think of is less immigrants? So basically you are all xenophobes. Congrats.

Why do you assume all leavers are uneducated old people?

Congratulations on your arrogance.

Also, if you can't see any reasons for leaving other than 'immigrants' then you clrealy haven't thought about it very long. Oh dear, the disturbing thought that some people who voted leave gave it more thought than you just flittered across my mind......
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Aceadria

Yes, ignorant simpletons tend to think this way and OP is a prime example.

Look at some of you lot. Students fawning over a corporatist protection racket like its your God. Have a word with yourselves :laugh:

I myself voted to remain because - on the balance of things - the arguments stacked up more favourably in this way. Remain was a clear winner in my eyes but I'm not going to do as the OP and other dogmatic retards have done and tell you you're mad or bad or both for thinking there are reasons other than xenophobia and lack of knowledge to go against an entity which had effed over Greece big time for German bankers, literally overthrew democratically-elected officials (up to PM level in Italy's case) with Goldman Sachs figures for not playing ball and which has completely annihilated our fishing industry.

There are legitimate arguments for both sides, it's just that in my view remain stacks up better. So go and call Tony Benn RIP a bigoted, "uninformed" xenophobe and see how much of an idiot that makes you look.....
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 51
Original post by Aceadria

No, the question implies an expectation that someone who is educated would not vote Leave. So the question is why is that expectation wrong.
Original post by inhuman
No, the question implies an expectation that someone who is educated would not vote Leave.

So the question is why is that expectation wrong.

The OP is assuming that education and voting Remain are correlated. Voting patterns are affected by a larger number of factors than simply education and to make such an assumption is fallacious.
Just to annoy OP

image.jpeg
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
You can only think of one reason? Damn, that is one hell of a mind you got there.

Our best and brightest at work!
Reply 55
Original post by BaconandSauce
Our best and brightest at work!

I remember at KS3 and GCSE in subjects like geography they would make us come up with a few advantages and disadvantages of certain processes/policies/whatever. I think OP might have missed out on this vital part of education. :frown:
Reply 56
Original post by niteninja1
Just to annoy OP

Loool you think that was made by a Brexiter?
Reply 57
Original post by Pegasus2
Cry more.

The worst realistic prediction was somthing like a 0.6% GDP decrease.

I know some very clever people quite high up in the financial advice sector who publicaly disclosed that they voted to leave for a number of reasons.

The fact the remainers keep reiterating that we are so dependant on the EU that we can't exist without it is grounds in itself to leave as soon as possible.

So stop making out that all the 'clever' people voted to remain and that those that voted leave are uneducated morons who were lied to, because they didn't and they aren't. They also don't need apologists from the remain side to cry about how they were lied to or misled.

Remain pedaled fear and negativity untill the cows came home and ****ged the crap out of leave over an over. Leave at least offered posativity in their message and that's possibly why they got the upper hand of swayable voters.

Now all we hear is this cry story about how they want to leave and don't want to weather the storm. Well maybe you should.

Have some respect for the people that hold alternate views to yourself. Remainers seem to be lacking in this a great deal

If the vote had been the other way round, you could swap leave and remain and it would be very fitting, you know.

Anyway, you are so sure of yourself, good luck in the future.
Original post by savonarola
they are tired of studious, driven & ambitious brown folks who spend all their time improving their prospects making it tougher for them :redface:

Yeah, that makes sense, when the migrants from the EU are white, and when the EU compels employers to hire a white EU citizen(who may not even speak good English) over a Black or Asian one from the commonwealth...

We are tired of shallow, opportunistic, virtue-signallers who patronize the other side and are totally incurious about any other argument that doesn't come from within their echo chamber, where all dissent is crushed.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by inhuman
You can pretend all you like. Even if that's not your main reason, your underlying viewpoint that leads you to vote Leave over everything else, is just that.

As I posted previously, it was my second reason for doing so, sovereignty being first.

It's a perfectly justifiable opinion to hold and reason to vote Leave.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending