The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Airmed
Been put back on quetiapine.

:hugs: I really hope it helps you. Just in case they didn't say, I'd really advise taking it at night, it can be very sedating. :smile:

I don't know if this will apply to you, but a lot of people put on weight with quetiapine even without eating significantly more. If you do find yourself putting on weight, you could ask your psychiatrist for the diabetes drug metformin which has been shown to decrease or even stop weight gain from atypical antipsychotics. (maybe read a bit into it first on google as it's pretty new research and many psychiatrists aren't aware of that link).
Original post by Sabertooth
:hugs: I really hope it helps you. Just in case they didn't say, I'd really advise taking it at night, it can be very sedating. :smile:

I don't know if this will apply to you, but a lot of people put on weight with quetiapine even without eating significantly more. If you do find yourself putting on weight, you could ask your psychiatrist for the diabetes drug metformin which has been shown to decrease or even stop weight gain from atypical antipsychotics. (maybe read a bit into it first on google as it's pretty new research and many psychiatrists aren't aware of that link).

It actually doesn't say, just says 'one daily'.

I am super wary of it. My CPN always says that I shouldn't worry about my weight, but I always do, so I don't want to put on weight at all. I will definitely look into that though. :smile:
I tend to get more depressed in the summer because I'm on my own
Original post by vlb206
I tend to get more depressed in the summer because I'm on my own

Yupp same here :s-smilie:
Original post by Anonymous
Yupp same here :s-smilie:

I just generally find it harder being away from uni and no one reminds me to take meds and stuff.
Original post by vlb206
I just generally find it harder being away from uni and no one reminds me to take meds and stuff.

I would recommend to set an alarm on your phone? I don't take meds for MH but I take meds and I keep an alarm on my phone thrice daily to remind me to take them.
I would recommend to set an alarm on your phone? I don't take meds for MH but I take meds and I keep an alarm on my phone thrice daily to remind me to take them.

Haha, even with that I'm a bit of a nightmare, but trying to put it into my routine.
Original post by vlb206
Haha, even with that I'm a bit of a nightmare, but trying to put it into my routine.

What counts is that you're trying
Mood's taken a huge slump again, feel like I could cry any second
Mood's taken a huge slump again, feel like I could cry any second

Sending as many big positive vibes and cuddles as I can!
Starting to slip back into my old ways again.
Not good at all!
I finall thought I was making progress but now it's all being undone!
Not looking forward to these next few days/weeks as my life will just be getting worse. But hopefully it can be fought and then things will begin to improve again.
I'm getting so many bad thoughts now (related to my OCD, not dark thoughts) and it's just taking control of my life again!
Not happy
Results day is not good for anxiety :redface:
Had heart pains all day and palpitations.

Good luck

Just breathe. We're all here for you whatever happens.
Going to get a whole lot more proactive and finally change my life (wish me luck I'll need it! :grin:) It's either sink or swim. But if I do put my all into it, and still get nowhere then what?? Back to apathy and self-loathing? Suicide??
Original post by Tiger Rag
Good luck

Original post by ParadoxSocks
Just breathe. We're all here for you whatever happens.

tyvm for your kind words :hugs:
idk why i wound myself up so much :redface: x
tyvm for your kind words :hugs:
idk why i wound myself up so much :redface: x

It's a crazy stressful day so don't worry about it. Was everything good?
Original post by ParadoxSocks
It's a crazy stressful day so don't worry about it. Was everything good?

:hugs:
and yes :redface: better than i ever imagined :redface:
tysm to you lovely mods in general throughout this year :lovehug:

Well done!