The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cadherin
Well, I made a mess of things :frown:

I know I'll find out in just over an hour, but does anyone know how lenient UCL are for Biological Sciences? My offer was AAA and I got A*AB.

Those are amazing grades! I would die for them tbh!

My friend got into UCL last year with ABB for an AAA science course, so you might still get in!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Venom7
Pretty much don't treat it as a GCSE and apply myself earlier on rather than 2 days before.

Good :yep: . It's all a learning experience :yep:
Original post by lai812matthew
lol got wrecked

Everything okay?
Reply 7923
Original post by Cadherin
I was 7 UMS off the A* in chem and I'm going for a re-mark, simply because, last year one of my physics papers went up 9 raw marks (19 UMS). I got A*s on the papers but the B in the ISA screwed me over.

ISAs are such a bad way of assessing. I also got screwed over in a chemistry AS one last year so I retook it last year. So glad that they don't exist in the new spec.
Congrats to everyone who got their results, you worked hard for them! On a side note, not that people are interested, but I actually got about 5-6 hours sleep...I'm impressed!

Posted from TSR Mobile
So if your firm reject you but you get a remark and it goes up, do you just have to contact them again and update them on your results?
Original post by Lostrider
How are people already getting their results??
Also has Manchester university messaging anyone?
I'm so worried right now :s-smilie:

My results are totally ****ed up!! My insurance choice is Manchester and I have been refreshing my email and Track non-stop:/
I also got an email from Lancaster!! Over the long!
I messed everything up. Needed AAA, got ABB, and got a B in biology due to one module...

My insurance needed AAB but both of my courses were in clearing ever since it opened last month, so hoping I get a place.

Been upset ever since I got my results...
Original post by avengedabbie
So if your firm reject you but you get a remark and it goes up, do you just have to contact them again and update them on your results?

You should contact them now if you are going for a remark and ask if they'll hold your place until you get it back.
Haven't got my results yet but Surrey (my firm) told me I got in, so yay
I also got an email from Lancaster!! Over the moon
Original post by Peppercrunch
I messed everything up. Needed AAA, got ABB, and got a B in biology due to one module...

My insurance needed AAB but both of my courses were in clearing ever since it opened last month, so hoping I get a place.

Been upset ever since I got my results...

Those are still brilliant results just hang in there until you can check your track :smile:
Original post by smegsxo
Congrats to everyone who got their results, you worked hard for them! On a side note, not that people are interested, but I actually got about 5-6 hours sleep...I'm impressed!

Posted from TSR Mobile

:party:

Now the next challenge is, have breakfast :colone:

Original post by avengedabbie

You will need to call them up today, and ask if the firm place can hold your place for you whilst you get a remark. They should hold the place for you, however, please be aware that they are within their right to reject you straight out, and don't have to accept any changed grade by remark :sadnod:

Original post by mint_chocolate
My results are totally ****ed up!! My insurance choice is Manchester and I have been refreshing my email and Track non-stop:/

:console:
Has Cardiff said anything to anyone yet? I have an email from my insurance saying I'm in but I'm really worried that I have nothing from my firm.
Original post by supernerdural
Haven't got my results yet but Surrey (my firm) told me I got in, so yay

Original post by fkaclocksx
I also got an email from Lancaster!! Over the moon

Congratulations to you both :smile:
Reply 7936
Original post by AmAH
is it okay to call my uni befpre track to confirm?? the hotlines are open right now

I belive that the can't talk to you until you have your grades so probably not.
Original post by Sacred Ground
A* - chemistry
A - geography
B - biology

I worked so hard in biology and I got a B :frown: I need AAA for my course, this is gonna be a long wait

Nice A* if you could pick the best subject to get an A* it'd be that one.

You'll be top of the list of near misses (and remember med applications are about SO MUCH more than grades).
Original post by Sacred Ground
A* - chemistry
A - geography
B - biology

I worked so hard in biology and I got a B :frown: I need AAA for my course, this is gonna be a long wait

Sorry to hear that :hugs:. Definitely wait till track opens before jumping to any conclusions!
Original post by ToastiestZombie
Has Cardiff said anything to anyone yet? I have an email from my insurance but I'm really worried that I have nothing from my firm.

Cardiff dont usually email people until after track updates, even then I was never emailed instead I got a text.

What does the email from your insurance say?

Best of luck.

Quick Reply

Latest