The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ToastiestZombie
"
We are delighted to inform you that your insurance place to study the above course at the University of Portsmouth is now unconditional."

So great stuff, but I pretty much had the UCAS Points I needed already. Now it's time to play the worst waiting game of my life. Absolutely goddamn bricking myself here.

That is strange to send someone... lets hope for the best for you!
Original post by Nirgilis
WAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY :biggrin:

Now go to bed. Or out to party. I'm sure there's a spoons open somewhere nearby :wink:

I'm sooo tired but way too excited to sleep!! :biggrin:
Original post by Dynamic_Vicz
A2? If so well done!!!

Yeah, A2, thank you!!! :biggrin:
Original post by AmAH
is it okay to call my uni befpre track to confirm?? the hotlines are open right now

They won't speak to you
Original post by smegsxo
Congrats to everyone who got their results, you worked hard for them! On a side note, not that people are interested, but I actually got about 5-6 hours sleep...I'm impressed!

Posted from TSR Mobile
acheivement if the thread !

Original post by avengedabbie
So if your firm reject you but you get a remark and it goes up, do you just have to contact them again and update them on your results?

If you're getting a priority remark you need to keep ALL of your universities informed from the start.
Absolutely devestated. I only received AAB (I have an A*AA offer at LSE) and I feel once again indignant regarding the subject I was aspiring to receive an A* in - English Literature. Last year AQA mismarked my AS Literature paper, giving it a D, while my teachers argue it was A standard :frown:

It was too late to appeal and, upon resitting, I gained myself another D with a C in A2

:s-smilie:I know I put the work in
I haven't got any emails yet ahhhh :frown:
Original post by jessx909
I need AAA for my firm or AAB for my insurance and I got AAC 😞

Try and keep positive, you may still get in by missing a grade for your insurance.
I just got an email saying although I missed my offer for psychology with neuroscience, they are offering me a place for psychology and criminology. idk what to do :/
WHAT?! I'm in complete shock

Mathematics - A*
Further Mathematics - A*
Physics - A*

What?!
Original post by moonandstars
I'm waiting on Cardiff and I've heard nothing!

Ah, that's good to hear. I'm shaking here I'm so nervous :frown:

Original post by Natalierm2707
That is strange to send someone... lets hope for the best for you!
I thought so as well, but I guess since it's my insurance they're a bit more lax about these things. It did look like in an email I got beforehand that Cardiff can be quite strict.
Original post by ancienthistory
Absolutely devestated. I only received AAB (I have an A*AA offer at LSE) and I feel once again indignant regarding the subject I was aspiring to receive an A* in - English Literature. Last year AQA mismarked my AS Literature paper, giving it a D, while my teachers argue it was A standard :frown:

It was too late to appeal and, upon resitting, I gained myself another D with a C in A2

:s-smilie:I know I put the work in

if you feel you have been marked incorrectly it really may be worth the priority remark. If you do this make sure you let LSE know.
n/a
(edited 7 years ago)
has kings contacted anyone?
Original post by Nirgilis
Have you met your offer? If so, then no. If you've missed your offer, then go for it :yep:

I have met my offer but I was thinking of scholarships for multiple A*s on my course?
Original post by Crozzer24
Just got an email from Lancaster saying there's still places available through adjustment and clearing, this was one of my 5 choices but not firm/insurance, does this mean I'm in clearing?

Just junk mail. Trying to poach you.
Original post by ToastiestZombie
Ah, that's good to hear. I'm shaking here I'm so nervous :frown:

I thought so as well, but I guess since it's my insurance they're a bit more lax about these things. It did look like in an email I got beforehand that Cardiff can be quite strict.

I know cardiff let a few people in with grades slightly lower than entry requirements, but lets wait and see.
Original post by moonandstars
I'm waiting on Cardiff and I've heard nothing!

Original post by jessicabristow
I haven't got any emails aghhhhhhhhhhh

This is okay, don't worry :yep:

Original post by jessx909
I need AAA for my firm or AAB for my insurance and I got AAC 😞

Original post by elen90
Anyone know how lenient Durham is likely to be for a near-miss firm holder who's on deferred entry? Missed it by a grade, unsure of UMS :frown:

You'll need to wait for Track I'm afraid :sadnod:

Original post by milliethemoo
I'm sooo tired but way too excited to sleep!! :biggrin:

Yeah, A2, thank you!!! :biggrin:

Get your sugar high to get you through the day :wink:
Original post by jessicabristow
I haven't got any emails yet ahhhh :frown:

Hang in there!
Original post by somevirtualguy
WHAT?! I'm in complete shock

Mathematics - A*
Further Mathematics - A*