The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ryanroks1
So worried I'll have to make that 'pleading' phone call to my firm if I narrowly miss the grades - really far too nervous to answer interview questions right now :frown:

There's no such thing. It's a massive rumour.

Ring your firm if you miss your offer AND track still shows conditional. But your phone call is to ask if they've decided and if not when they expect to decide and if they need any information from you. Not to beg or plead - just to find out the situation.
Just got my biology and chemistry grades, both A*s i can't believe it I never would've dreamed I'd get an A* in biology. Unbelievably happy right now hopefully maths, physics and FM have gone equally as well. Good luck everyone!
track is updating in 40 mins ima cry
Original post by TheFarmerLad
Hello all, have any of you not received an email with your results yet or is it just me? Thinking this might be because I'm currently on the other side of the world with *****y wifi. Secondly, when is the deadline for replying to your firm/insurance/clearing offers? Is it first come first served?

i got my result and i'm currently in the other side of the world with crappy wifi
Got e-mailed by my insurance saying I got in there :frown: I feel sick I can't believe it I don't want to go
Has Birmingham uni emailed anyone?
Original post by purplebricks
OMG. MY FIRM JUST EMAILED ME !! I GOT IN!!! honestly this is the best day of my life

YAYYYYYYY! :woo: :party: :woo:

Feeling the relief settle in yet? :biggrin:

Original post by iEthan
Knew I'd do poorly. Oh dear.

Everything okay? :smile: . You can PM me any time :h:
Original post by emiloujess
Morning :smile:

If my insurance accepts me and I want releasing do I phone the Clearing hotline and do I need my grades? I don't see why I'd need my grades but thought I'd ask anyway!

You don't need your grades to ask for a release. It they're there when track opens get on the phone and start nagging :wink:
Going in at 10 to collect my AS results :smile: GoodLuck everyone in A2 I'm not looking forward to next year!
Original post by claireestelle
Congratulations :biggrin: Any plans for the rest of the day ? :smile:

Try to go back to sleep, Xbox, then footy later with mates followed by a night out 🎉

Good luck to everyone else waiting for results 🙏🏾
Original post by Nirgilis
The paper you have taken most recently is the one that will be counted, usually.
Really? I have always been told they count the one with a higher value in terms of grades?
Original post by Arima
track is updating in 40 mins ima cry

Betcha it's up in 10-15
Original post by PQ
Betcha it's up in 10-15

Longest 20 minutes of my life.
What?!!! My track updated omg!!! I got unconditional offer from oxford but theres no changes to the course - am i in????
Think i'm going to vomit, I can't think straight at all
Shocking results but still got an email from my firm saying I got in 😌
Original post by Nirgilis
Then go for it. How far over the overall A-grade boundary are you?

I think I will then thank you! and 53 over 480 so I'm alright I think :biggrin:
Original post by somevirtualguy
Try to go back to sleep, Xbox, then footy later with mates followed by a night out 🎉

Good luck to everyone else waiting for results 🙏🏾

sounds like a good plan :smile:
Original post by Joejj2183
Guys,

If I've done a paper year before and got higher than this time around retaking
for example, B last year and this year C for maths

they would take the higher one right?

Yeah, but if they're both certificated, you'll have to declare both results.
Got into Queens University Belfast for Computer Science, so happy right now. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest