The Student Room Group

A Level Results: Post Your Results (A2)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sacred Ground
Just curious - where exactly does a history of Art degree lead you?

I wouldn't say there's a definite path. I'm interested in art journalism/curation so I thought it'd be an appropriate degree :biggrin:
Hi just looking for some advice. I have applied to Plymouth (my firm) to do Early Childhood studies. I need 280 points with a minimum of 160 from two A levels which would be two C's. I already have a Distinction* in my btec which is 140 points. I have seen it in clearing and don't think it is a very competitive course but am worried about the two a levels being C's, how likely is it to be to accepted with two D's, 40 points off what I need from the a levels but only 20 points off the overall amount I need????? Thank uuuu and gd luck eveyone!!!!! :smile:
Reply 62
Subject: AQA Biology Predicted A* / Achieved A*
Subject: OCR (MEI) Maths Predicted A / Achieved A
Subject: OCR History Predicted A / Achieved A

Firm Offer if Received

Oxford Biological Sciences A*AA

Insurance Offer if Received

Bath Biology AAA

Comments/Reactions

Confident in getting an A* in biology and an A in maths but I just don't know for history, I never know how history exams go.

Jesus take the wheel.

I got in!!!
(edited 7 years ago)
Results
Mathematics: A / A
IT: B / A* (2015)
Economics: A / B (2015)
Philosophy: A / B (2015)

Firm Offer if Received
The University of Edinburgh BEng Computer Science and Electronics - A in Mathematics

Newcastle University BSc Computer Science - Unconditional

Comments/Reactions
**** c4
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 64
Original post by rayquaza17
only 2 days left until results day!
i wish everyone the best of luck and hope it is good news all around for everyone. :smile:

to make this day a lot easier and less stressful for you, we have come up with a few articles and threads that'll give you all the advice that you need.

First of all, you should read the guide to results day which explains in depth about how the day works. We also have some information on resits and retakes and a thread to get advice if you didn't do as well as you had hoped. If you have been accepted onto a course this year, be sure to check out the freshers' week guide which covers a lot of things like what to take to uni, how to make friends, what uni is really like, and a lot more!

In this thread, you can post your: Predicted grades, achieved grades, firm choice, and insurance choice. You can also leave a little comment at the end of your post if you need to explain something or you want to describe how you feel. This thread is purely to post results, so although you're allowed to reply to people and congratulate/console people, general chat should be made in the results day chat thread.

please copy and paste using this example template:

[noparse]
results

subject: Predicted ? / achieved ?
Subject: Predicted ? / achieved ?
Subject: Predicted ? / achieved ?

firm offer if received

university - subject - grades

insurance offer if received

university - subject - grades

comments/reactions

comments go here

[/noparse]
sample of what post may look like:

Spoiler

alevel product diegsn???
Results
English- A*/ ?
Psychology- B/ ?
Sociology- A/ ?

Firm Offer if Received
English language at Manchester AAB

Insurance Offer if Recieved
Linguistics at Manchester ABB

Comments/Reactions
I actually don't wanna do English language anymore I want to do the linguistics course. Hopefully I don't get ABB tho, I'd be very dissapointed with ABB as I worked really hard and my subjects and they aren't even difficult :frown:. I don't think I'm going to get that A* in English because I was ill on the exam day and messed up my exam. Also SCLY4 went horribly, if I get a B I'll die :bawling::bawling:
Original post by kingaaran

Comments/Reactions: *

I just realised my insurance is higher than my firm.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:
Results

OCR B Chemistry: A / Achieved ?
OCR Physics: A* / Achieved ?
Edexcel Maths: A / Achieved ?

Firm Offer if Received

Lancaster University - MSci Natural Sciences with a Year Abroad - initially AAA conditional, then accepted unconditional

Exeter University - Natural Sciences - AAB

Comments/Reactions

Right now hiding in my room and binge watching tv shows in the hope the time will go faster.
(edited 7 years ago)
Results
Predicted:

Mathematics - A*

Further Mathematics - B

Business Studies - Distinction Star (D*, equiv. to A*)

Achieved:

Mathematics - TBA

Further Mathematics - TBA

Business Studies - TBA

Offers
Firm
Loughborough University - Mathematics BSc - AAA conditional
Insurance
University of Leicester - Mathematics BSc - AAB conditional
Comments
The exam's generally went 'alright' with a few being much more challenging than the last, but the grade boundaries make up for that from what I've seen. FM's exams could've been better for me to get an A but not this year, so I'll settle for a B. Here's hoping Loughborough is feeling generous this year. :biggrin:
Results
Biology: Predicted C/Achieved ?
Chemistry: Predicted C/Achieved ?
French: Predicted A/Achieved ?

Firm offer if received
University of Southampton - Adult Nursing BN (Bachelor of Nursing) - BBB

Insurance offer if received
Anglia Ruskin University - Adult Nursing BSc - BBC or equivalent

Comments
I'm trying to kid myself that I'm not nervous and have plans for any outcome, but I'm actually trying to convince myself that eating my brother's chocolate bunny from Easter probably isn't a smart thing to do right now

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 70
Religion and Theology: Predicted A* / Achieved A*
English lit: Predicted A / Achieved A*
Spanish: Predicted A / Achieved B

Firm Offer if Received:

Durham - Theology and Philosophy - Grades AAA

Exeter - Same Course - AAB

Absolutely shocked by both the A*s (thought I'd only get As) and by the B (thought I'd get an A)
Results

Maths: Predicted A / Achieved A
Further Maths: Predicted C / Achieved C
Biology: Predicted B / Achieved A
Physics: Predicted B / Achieved A

Firm Offer If Received

Exeter - Maths - AAB

Swansea - Maths - AAB

Comments/Reactions

Sooo happy I got in!! :biggrin:
Was expecting the C in FM, FP3 was atrocious.
Results

Chemistry: Predicted A (expected not more than a B) / Achieved A*
Physics: Predicted A* / Achieved A*
Maths: Predicted A* (my maths teacher has too much faith in me) / Achieved A
Eng Lit: Predicted ?? (self taught) / Achieved A*

Firm Offer if Received

Uni of Birmingham Physics and Astrophysics A*AA/AAAA

Leeds Physics with Astrophysics AAB

Comments/Reactions

I got my results last week (CIE ftw) and I'm still not sure this is real. Can't believe I got in. I feel like I've done my year 8 self (who wanted to go to Cambridge :tongue: ) proud.
Original post by Tsrsarahhhh

Comments/Reactions
I actually don't wanna do English language anymore I want to do the linguistics course.

As both are at Manchester - if you get English and still want to swap to Linguistics, then phone the Uni as soon as you can and ask to switch.
Original post by KythingToWrite
I got my results last week (CIE ftw) and I'm still not sure this is real. Can't believe I got in. I feel like I've done my year 8 self (who wanted to go to Cambridge :tongue: ) proud.

Amazing results :biggrin: Many congratulations to you!
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
Amazing results :biggrin: Many congratulations to you!

Thank you! :biggrin:
image.png
Original post by returnmigrant
As both are at Manchester - if you get English and still want to swap to Linguistics, then phone the Uni as soon as you can and ask to switch.

Thankyou! Do you have any idea of what number I have to call though, I've looked on the website and I'm not sure which one to call.??:s-smilie:
Predicted/achieved

Geology: A*/A*
Maths:A*/A
Physics: A/A*
EPQ: A/A*

Firm choice: Surrey university AAA
Insurance: Swansea university BBB

So happy with these results, in both geology and physics got one exam each with Max UMS and the others 2 off max.
Subject: WJEC Biology Predicted A* / Achieved A*
Subject: OCR A Chemistry Predicted A* / Achieved A*
Subject: AQA Maths Predicted A* / Achieved A*

Firm Offer if Received:
Cambridge Natural Sciences A*A*A

Comments/Reactions:
...did better and worse than expected in terms of UMS so don't particularly feel anything. Wasn't expecting the A* in biology because I always do (and did do) **** in the practical. XD
Reply 79
We got our results at 6 in the morning :colondollar::colondollar:
Results

History: Predicted A*/ Achieved A*
English Language: Predicted A / Achieved A
English Literature: Predicted A/ Achieved B
EPQ: Predicted A*/ Achieved A*

University Of Edinburgh, English Literature and History Entry Requirements AAA-ABB

318 Marks in Lit, 320 needed for an A could get it remarked but I don't care that much ... I am very, very, pleased regardless:smile: Good Luck to everyone :smile: Well done to everyone who's posted their result above me they're brilliant :party:

Quick Reply

Latest