The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Welcome to Royal Holloway!

Hey everyone!

A huge congratulations to everyone waking up to the exciting news that they'll be joining Royal Holloway this September! We hope you're as excited as we are :smile:

This thread is for you to ask any questions you may have (whatever they may be!) and to meet other students joining us next month.

For those of you who may not have achieved the results you were expecting and are now considering Clearing, you can check out our Clearing webpages and our vacancies list to see if any of our available programmes are of interest. We also have some space left in our Undergraduate halls and are able to guarantee a place in accommodation to Clearing applicants who refer themselves to us on UCAS by 7am on Friday 19 August.

Whatever stage you are at, I'm here to answer any questions you may have!

Camilla :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Royal Holloway, University of London
Hey everyone!

A huge congratulations to everyone waking up to the exciting news that they'll be joining Royal Holloway this September! We hope you're as excited as we are :smile:

This thread is for you to ask any questions you may have (whatever they may be!) and to meet other students joining us next month.

For those of you who may not have achieved the results you were expecting and are now considering Clearing, you can check out our Clearing webpages and our vacancies list to see if any of our available programmes are of interest. We also have some space left in our Undergraduate halls and are able to guarantee a place in accommodation to Clearing applicants who refer themselves to us on UCAS by 7am on Friday 19 August.

Does Royal Holloway email successful applicants before UCAS track goes live ?
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Original post by Franckenstar
Does Royal Holloway email successful applicants before UCAS track goes live ?

You should have received an email from us regardless of the outcome of your application. If you've not received anything, please can you private message me your full name, Royal Holloway student ID and email address so I can take a look into it for you?

We've received a few messages asking for clarification regarding how to accept an offer through Clearing. Thought I'd share this here in case anyone else is confused about this.

Essentially, there are 5 steps:

To accept your offer and apply for accommodation if you'd like to, you need to follow a few straightforward steps.

Step 1:The team member you spoke to will have assessed your grades and suitability for the course you've selected and made you a verbal offer based on the information you gave us over the phone.

Step 2:Royal Holloway will send you an email confirming your Clearing offer about an hour after your phone call. This will include the 'institution code' and 'course code' you'll need to use in step 3, below.

Step 3:You then need to 'refer' yourself to us on UCAS in order to accept your offer. UCAS will update automatically once you've done this. If you were made on offer on Thursday 18 August, your deadline to refer yourself is Friday 19 August at 7am. If you miss this deadline and would still like to accept your offer, contact us to check there are still places available on your chosen course. If you are made a Clearing offer on Friday 19 August, or after, you need to refer yourself to Royal Holloway on UCAS Track as soon as possible; places will be allocated on a first come, first served basis. You won't receive a notification from Royal Holloway at this stage, but don't worry, you'll hear from us later.

Step 4:Our team will check that the information matches what we spoke to you about over the phone and will also verify that there are still places available on your chosen course. At this point, if everything is correct, we'll send an email to you confirming your place at Royal Holloway. It will show that you have an Unconditional Firm (U/F) offer to study. This should take around 24 hours from the time you refer yourself on UCAS. If there are no longer places available or we have any queries about the information you provided on the phone, we’ll contact you as soon as possible.

Step 5:Once you've got this email from us showing that your status is Unconditional Firm (U/F), you can apply for accommodation from about an hour later. Your email will tell you how to do this. To be guaranteed a place in Halls, you must refer yourself to Royal Holloway on UCAS by 7am on Friday 19 August. Once you've referred yourself and received confirmation of your place at Royal Holloway and that your place is Unconditional Firm (U/F), you have until Wednesday 24 August to apply for accommodation.

On another note, if you're still looking for a place in Clearing, we'll be back on the phones (+44 (0)1784 772455) from 8.30 - 16.30 tomorrow.

Give me a shout if you have any questions!

(edited 7 years ago)
Hello! :smile:

I was just wondering if we are able to have a guest to stay in halls for a night whilst at uni; I have friends and my sister who would love to come and stay one day, would this be allowed?

Thank you :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by bleakley16
Hello! :smile:

I was just wondering if we are able to have a guest to stay in halls for a night whilst at uni; I have friends and my sister who would love to come and stay one day, would this be allowed?

The official policy is that you can't have guests stay overnight for fire safety reasons I believe. There is accommodation available on campus that you can book onto, it's also very near to most the student accommodation.

Having said that, when I was a student I had friends from home visit time to time and they always stayed with me in my room. I didn't perceive it to be a rule that was highly enforced and as long as it doesn't become a permanent arrangement it shouldn't be much of an issue. I would always check with your flatmates first though :smile:
Reply 6
Hi I've received my student finance letter regarding the payment for the course but it says that the expected pay is in October but I start in September. Would that be a problem?

Original post by daisylim
Hi I've received my student finance letter regarding the payment for the course but it says that the expected pay is in October but I start in September. Would that be a problem?

This is normal - don't worry!

Reply 8
Hi,
I was wondering how you book your arrival slot for arrivals day as i couldn't find anything on the website?
Reply 9
Original post by bellaKB
Hi,
I was wondering how you book your arrival slot for arrivals day as i couldn't find anything on the website?

Yes was wondering too it mentions arrival pass and windscreen sticker how do we get these
Original post by sammyf32
Yes was wondering too it mentions arrival pass and windscreen sticker how do we get these

On the welcome week website, it also says that all these will be sent to us but I don't know how
Should I have received my welcome pack by now??
TIA 🙂🙂
how do i get back to egham station from the uni on the campus bus?
Original post by Bubbles26
how do i get back to egham station from the uni on the campus bus?

The College bus leaves from the Founder's bus stop by the tennis courts. You may also wish to find the short cut to walk down to the station from the bottom of campus, which can be accessed via the back gate near to Runnymede hall - best to google map this the first time you go!

hi, I'm joining the university in september. I wanted to ask about highfield court accommodation. Are there pictures available of the hall and the rooms ?
Hey everyone!

Hi megha12995,

You can find out more about Highfield Court here: https://www.royalholloway.ac.uk/student-life/accommodation/postgraduate/highfield-court/

I've attached an image of a room below:

Highfield room.jpg

Hopefully this gives you some idea of what Highfield Court is like!

Holly :smile:

Original post by megha12995
hi, I'm joining the university in september. I wanted to ask about highfield court accommodation. Are there pictures available of the hall and the rooms ?
(edited 4 years ago)
So would we receive this email before/ after or as UCAS track gets updated??
You should have received an email from us regardless of the outcome of your application. If you've not received anything, please can you private message me your full name, Royal Holloway student ID and email address so I can take a look into it for you?

Hi there,

We aim to get all of our emails out before UCAS Track is updated on the morning of results day - so you should hear from us first!

Holly :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
So would we receive this email before/ after or as UCAS track gets updated??
Hi :smile:
I've received a conditional offer, but when do I exactly provide my certificates/results, so my place is verified/guaranteed? Also, I haven't been receiving any information emails about moving in and stuff like that is that normal or will I be receiving them before the start of the course? (I find it weird as I've received more emails from other universities that I'm not going to🤣).

Do you also have any pictures of the founder's bound L rooms (the room that is shared with two people)?

Thanks in advance :smile:
Hi rafalzacher1,

Thanks for your question

If you've taken A-levels this year, we'll automatically receive your results/certificates and let you know whether you have met the requirements of your offer on A-level Results Day (Thursday 15 August). On this day, your UCAS track will also update with the outcome of your application

In terms of information about moving in and our Welcome Week activities etc, you'll receive everything you need to know after Results Day if we are able to make your offer unconditional and confirm your place.

I hope this helps but please do get back in touch if you have any more questions!

Best wishes,
Lara :h:

(I've also included a picture of a shared Founder's bedroom below however apologies if this is showing as really small - I can't seem to make it any bigger!)

founders shared bedroom.jpg
Original post by rafalzacher1
Hi :smile:
I've received a conditional offer, but when do I exactly provide my certificates/results, so my place is verified/guaranteed? Also, I haven't been receiving any information emails about moving in and stuff like that is that normal or will I be receiving them before the start of the course? (I find it weird as I've received more emails from other universities that I'm not going to🤣).

Do you also have any pictures of the founder's bound L rooms (the room that is shared with two people)?

Thanks in advance :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending