The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lai812matthew
hello when did the universities know our results and make decisions. my insurance accepted me 5 days ago, and my firm accept me 18 hours ago.

They got them at the weekend.

Original post by medstudent1010
Got into medicine!!!!!AAAH

Congratulations :smile:
Missed my firm by 3 grades but I still got in I'm so happy ahhhh:h:
Me when I got into track at about 7:30!

https://youtu.be/JPxcxb1Qk94
I got into Cardiff omg what
Reply 8204
Question: For Edexcel ALs, (GCE) how are the applied modules shared between Maths and Further maths?
Because in maths I get an A by an excess of 40 marks but in further maths I'm missing my B by just 7 marks.
Do we get to switch the Applied units as we like when we cash in? Or is that done by edexcel itself?
What priorities do they give? I really really don't want a C in my grades 😭😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by shiney101
I'm so so happy right now, just got into medicine at Liverpool second time round!!

Congratulations :smile:
Original post by xFloody
Very confused at the moment.

My firm hasnt updated (still says conditional firmly accepted) but my insurance apparently updated on the 14th to an unconditional

Give your firm a call once you have your results and ask when you'll get a decision from them.
Original post by medstudent1010
Got into medicine!!!!!AAAH

Well done!
Oxford have actually let me in praise the lord Jesus Christ our father :biggrin:
Bit confused. My conditional says firmly accepted for medicine, does this mean I got the grades?
Original post by greenmath
Missed my firm by 3 grades but I still got in I'm so happy ahhhh:h:

Original post by chemstudent314
I got into Cardiff omg what

Congratulations to you both :smile:
Original post by PQ
It should be automatic.

Give them a ring this afternoon (when the phones aren't so busy) and find out when you'll get it

Thank you! I've been trying to call them over the past week but I literally spent all my phone credit just on hold :tongue: international calls are far too expensive :tongue:
Original post by claireestelle
Yes that could be quite likely if it was one of your conditions, get onto the phone to them.

Thank you. This is incredibly stressful, no one is picking up since it's so early.
Reply 8212
can i get my A-level results online???
Original post by lai812matthew
hello when did the universities know our results and make decisions. my insurance accepted me 5 days ago, and my firm accept me 18 hours ago.

They would have been informed of the results over the weekend :smile:

Original post by xFloody
Very confused at the moment.

My firm hasnt updated (still says conditional firmly accepted) but my insurance apparently updated on the 14th to an unconditional

Have you got your results yet?
I called Oxford up and they confirmed that I got in! I'm so excited!
Original post by Nirgilis
Oh. So you don't want to go to either your firm or your insurance because you have your offer from Oxford off UCAS? When are you going to get your results?

yes exactly
my school opens at 9AM so i will be leaving home soon to collect my results
i just want to know whether or not insurance unis automatically say you didnt get in

my firm says "(Unconditional offer (firmly accepted)) "
but my insurance says "unsuccessful"

i want to know what to expect so as to not get my hopes falsely up
Original post by pecora
Someone please help me, I am seriously worrying. I met the conditions for my university, even exceeded them (offer AAA, got A*AAAB), yet got into my insurance? Could this be because I didn't send them my IELTS results yet?

Definitely

Send them through (and congrats!)

Original post by Alexoso
I have the button that says register for adjustment does this mean I exceeded my firm offer or is there for everyone?

EVERYONE who is accepted by their firm gets that button.
I remember on my results day last year my college did not confirm my grades to UCAS i had to run around! My tutor had to email my firm confirming my grades. It gave me a heart attack -_-

Good luck everyone!!!
I did it!!!! Im going uni omg im crying holy fakkkk!!!!
Original post by 16characterlimit
Insurance confirmed me on track, but firm still says my offer is unconditional, have I missed my firm or are they slower than my insurance in responding?

unconditional means you got in :smile:

Quick Reply