The Student Room Group

Remark worth it?

I got a C in maths for aqa when I was expecting an A, if not very close to an A.
I had checked my answers with the marks schemes on the student room shortly I had sat the exams, which led me to believe i had done a lot better than I actually did.
I got a high B in C1, mid B in C2, and a mid D in D1???
Im only 4 ums marks of a b overall, which would be 2 raw marks in D1.
Is my chances of getting D1 remarked to get 2 more raw marks high at all?
Any success stories with remarks with AQA Maths in the past?
Original post by TheOne99
I got a C in maths for aqa when I was expecting an A, if not very close to an A.
I had checked my answers with the marks schemes on the student room shortly I had sat the exams, which led me to believe i had done a lot better than I actually did.
I got a high B in C1, mid B in C2, and a mid D in D1???
Im only 4 ums marks of a b overall, which would be 2 raw marks in D1.
Is my chances of getting D1 remarked to get 2 more raw marks high at all?
Any success stories with remarks with AQA Maths in the past?

It is unlikely for marks to change for Maths, and s C to A is quite a large gap. If youre sure something has gone wrong though, then it's up to you.
Reply 2
Original post by usycool1
It is unlikely for marks to change for Maths, and s C to A is quite a large gap. If youre sure something has gone wrong though, then it's up to you.

I know C to A in maths is unlikely, but what are my chances of getting a B? Im only 4 ums marks off....
Original post by TheOne99
I know C to A in maths is unlikely, but what are my chances of getting a B? Im only 4 ums marks off....

It depends how you feel you did in the exam? Did you think you did really well?

If so, it might be worth it ... can you talk it over with your teacher?
Reply 4
Original post by The Learn Ranger
It depends how you feel you did in the exam? Did you think you did really well?

If so, it might be worth it ... can you talk it over with your teacher?

For C1, i checked with the mark scheme here after the exam and counted 67/75,which is 88 ums. I actually got 77 ums.
Im almost certain i did not get 49/75 for D1, I was getting an A in every single assessment and mock up until the actual exams, a C overall makes me so confused when I had checked over answers with others and on thestudentroom to lead me to think I would have got an A.
Reply 5
one mark off an A in AS edexcel maths got a 239/300 and need 240/300 to get an A. Is it worth remaking since ths system has changed? Please advise! thank you!!

Quick Reply

Latest