The Student Room Group

I've exceeded my target grade, and still got rejected ?!

As the title says^, I'm about to beat someone right now!!!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jgjog3

Did you meet your firm offer?
Call ucas and check that your grades match what they have on their system
Original post by jgjog3
Not possible.
Original post by jgjog3

Hi there,

Why not give them a ring and find out what happened? Is this for your firm or your insurance as well?

Don't panic! Congratulations by the way for exceeding your target grades you should be very proud.

If you have any questions about clearing, would like some advice or if you're searching for other courses then why not chat to a member of our clearing team on 03330 432 414 or visit our live chat system on www.glos.ac.uk/clearing to speak to a member instantly online.

Good luck,
Jack
University of Gloucestershire
Reply 5
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
Did you meet your firm offer?

Yes I did, the target was 30 Distinction out of 45 Credits total (access course) I got *36* That's exceeding it a *lot*!!
Reply 6
Original post by University of Gloucestershire
Hi there,

Why not give them a ring and find out what happened? Is this for your firm or your insurance as well?

Don't panic! Congratulations by the way for exceeding your target grades you should be very proud.

If you have any questions about clearing, would like some advice or if you're searching for other courses then why not chat to a member of our clearing team on 03330 432 414 or visit our live chat system on www.glos.ac.uk/clearing to speak to a member instantly online.

Good luck,
Jack
University of Gloucestershire

Thank you!
Original post by jgjog3
Yes I did, the target was 30 Distinction out of 45 Credits total (access course) I got *36* That's exceeding it a *lot*!!

In that case, it will be a mistake and you should contact the university to get it put right. If you have met your offer, you are in.
Without knowing the full story it's hard to comment. You got the grades but did you meet any other requirements? Might just be an admin error which is easily fixable. Calm down, get on the phone and sort it.
Original post by jgjog3

Hi,

Sorry to hear that, calling up may give you a better explanation. It may be a thin margin such as a out of place GCSE grade or your lowest grade being in a directly related subject .

I would double check the entry requirements and give your firm choice a call if in doubt.

Good luck

Josh
When you say target grades - do you mean the grades that your teachers predicted you / gave you as targets (which are now irrelevant) or the grades that the university set as being the terms of your offer?
Reply 11
Original post by Aston University
Hi,

Sorry to hear that, calling up may give you a better explanation. It may be a thin margin such as a out of place GCSE grade or your lowest grade being in a directly related subject .

I would double check the entry requirements and give your firm choice a call if in doubt.

Good luck

Josh

Yes I will, I did check btw. couldn't believe my eyes!!
Reply 12
Original post by Origami Bullets
When you say target grades - do you mean the grades that your teachers predicted you / gave you as targets (which are now irrelevant) or the grades that the university set as being the terms of your offer?

No they are actual grades, we get them in July before everybody else.
Original post by jgjog3

Does it actually say Unsuccessful on Track?
Reply 14
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
Does it actually say Unsuccessful on Track?

yes it does, it says further down did not meet target, but I did. :frown:
Original post by jgjog3
yes it does, it says further down did not meet target, but I did. :frown:

Then if you are quite sure about this, then you need to call the university and discuss why it says this.
Original post by jgjog3

What were the conditions that the university said you had to meet on Track? This is separate to both (a) the grades you achieved, and (b) the grades your teachers gave you as targets or predictions

And what grades did you get?
Reply 17
Original post by Origami Bullets
What were the conditions that the university said you had to meet on Track? This is separate to both (a) the grades you achieved, and (b) the grades your teachers gave you as targets or predictions

And what grades did you get?

We don't get prediction for access courses, the universities upon application say you have to meet 'xyz'.
So you get in total 60 credits, of them your graded in 45. Now the ones graded are the ones that matter, Birmingham uni gave me an offer based on 30 credits at Distinction (same as Btec it's D, M and P) I got 36 Distinctions.
You should probably get off student room and call someone up
Original post by jgjog3
We don't get prediction for access courses, the universities upon application say you have to meet 'xyz'.
So you get in total 60 credits, of them your graded in 45. Now the ones graded are the ones that matter, Birmingham uni gave me an offer based on 30 credits at Distinction (same as Btec it's D, M and P) I got 36 Distinctions.

Ok, in that case it looks like they've made a mistake. Ring them up pronto.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending