The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tskadem
Durham not decided for anyone else?

Yep, my daughter phoned them , she missed by one grade( got a B in geology, 1 ums mark short of an A!) and they sad to wait as they were stll uploading to UCAS
5 mins till ResultsPlus (Edexcel)

*****ing myself right now. :eek3::eek2::eek4:
Original post by robins620
AAA and I got into med! I GOT INTO MED!!!!!!!!! Was setting myself up for disappointment having seen the boundaries, so I really can't believe it!

If I was looking for reasons to be annoyed, I got a C in the Bio ISA which meant I was 1 mark off A*! Do I care? Not in the slightest!

I GOT INTO MEDICAL SCHOOL!

Hope everyone gets what they deserve today. Best of luck!

Congratulations :smile:
Reply 8423
A*A*A

A in bio with 486 ums, but I'd figured that'd be a low A so not surprised

Maths and history are A*s which is....? Like maths was kinda expected (only just got it though with 90 in c3 and 92 in c4) but my history exam, for which my teacher had never given me a grade above a B on an essay and which I was literally 100% sure I'd messed up, I got 115/120 (plus 77/80 on coursework) which is a pretty solid A* and ?????????????????????

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Thank u mr examiner
Original post by Pyslocke
Didn't get into anything. Can't remember the last time I wasn't disappointed with an outcome in my life. Oh well, **** this world

Sorry to hear that :frown: Are reapplying and resits an option at all?
Original post by xxvine
How hard is it to change courses once your at your uni? My friend wants to go to SOAS but they are full for law apparently. She is thinking of doing social anthropology and seeing if she could change...but that's risky incase you can't change.

Transfers are hard if the course is full, I wouldnt bank on it, doing a course you dont enjoy is not advised just for the chance of a course transfer.
Original post by BB8
A*A*A

A in bio with 486 ums, but I'd figured that'd be a low A so not surprised

Maths and history are A*s which is....? Like maths was kinda expected (only just got it though with 90 in c3 and 92 in c4) but my history exam, for which my teacher had never given me a grade above a B on an essay and which I was literally 100% sure I'd messed up, I got 115/120 (plus 77/80 on coursework) which is a pretty solid A* and ?????????????????????

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Thank u mr examiner

Congratulations!!!
Original post by Nirgilis
3 marks is very easy to catch up :yep: . You only need to be 3 marks over the A-grade boundary to get that A next year!

Do you think you can do it?

I don't think I have the determination to repeat it next year, I was expecting an A*, ending up with a B devastated me :frown:
Original post by SaadKaleem
5 mins till ResultsPlus (Edexcel)

*****ing myself right now. :eek3::eek2::eek4:

what's that
Original post by Pinocchiolewis
How do you know if youve exceeded your offer before you get your results? Wll done though, I also got into my firm :smile:

The option for Adjustment shows, and I assume that means I've exceeded it? I've seen a few screenshots where people haven't had the Adjustment button show up next to their confirmation.

Congrats! :biggrin:
Original post by lai812matthew
what's that

Online Results for Edexcel A Levels.
Original post by claireestelle
That's pretty rude of them, what have they said on the phone?

I'm crying at the moment, so haven't phoned them yet :tongue:

I'm really debating whether I should go there or not though. I've always been in my insurance (York St John) as it was unconditional. I'm thinking of ringing them up first and saying my situation?

Really narked to be honest :frown:
Original post by mint_chocolate
No... I am not able to call them since I am not living in the UK:frown: FML

That's not a reason. If you're using that as an excuse eg £10 on a phone call then you don't deserve to go to that university! You're about to spend thousands on a degree yet you don't want to pick up the phone and do something about making sure you get in? #facepalm

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BenGeorge
the uni hasnt rejected me yet but i didnt get the grades. do i call them through clearing?

Call up their number they advertise on their website.
Original post by Natalierm2707
Congratulations!

Thank-you, just relieved really as I was sure I had blown it with Chemistry! Reading your posts on the Cardiff page really helped me this year, just a shame I won't get to go there as I would have firmed it, loved the place.
Original post by Ayman!
A*A*A*A :smile:

Congratulations! Excellent results and no doubt well deserved!
Original post by Effie14
I'm crying at the moment, so haven't phoned them yet :tongue:

I'm really debating whether I should go there or not though. I've always been in my insurance (York St John) as it was unconditional. I'm thinking of ringing them up first and saying my situation?

Really narked to be honest :frown:

Something like that would put me off a uni, i d call them calmly and ask them to explain themselves.
Original post by Geoffthesheep
Does anyone know why i have a smallcircle next to my A grade on my aqa results sheet

http://www.aqa.org.uk/student-support/for-students/results-day
There's nothing there for a circle - have you spoken to your school/teachers? It could be something they added.

Original post by BenGeorge
the uni hasnt rejected me yet but i didnt get the grades. do i call them through clearing?

Call them up on their admissions/clearing hotline and find out when you will get a decision.
Original post by PlayerBB
I don't think I have the determination to repeat it next year, I was expecting an A*, ending up with a B devastated me :frown:

Do you have the option to go and speak to your teachers?
Original post by claireestelle
You need to call them, an email wont get you an answer that quickly. Can you borrow a phone? They might have a number for international students to call.

I guess Ill try..:frown: Thank you so much tho!!!:heart:

Quick Reply