The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Serine Soul
PM me your colours :wink:

Congratulations! This awaits you; mind out for the building work!

(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3401
Original post by physicsmaths
Ring your college, most likely thing is is that you have been summerpooled.
Wish you all the best :smile:

Original post by jneill
Yep - just wait - see Peterhouse's reply.

Thing is, my second choice is in the US (berkeley) and i'd have to leave tomorrowish (but I could find a way around it if I really had to), so finding out asap would be extremely useful. On the other hand, I'm worried I might be more likely to be rejected if I try to find out early. Are you sure I should call? I would rather wait then reduce my chances of getting into cambridge. And what dyu think of calling vs email? If I call would they just inform me I'd been pooled or rejected?
Original post by jweo
Thing is, my second choice is in the US (berkeley) and i'd have to leave tomorrowish (but I could find a way around it if I really had to), so finding out asap would be extremely useful. On the other hand, I'm worried I might be more likely to be rejected if I try to find out early. Are you sure I should call? I would rather wait then reduce my chances of getting into cambridge. And what dyu think of calling vs email? If I call would they just inform me I'd been pooled or rejected?

I'd still call, just so you can check the status of your application and when they will get back to you. Do you have your grades now?
Original post by shamika
If decisions are made by 16:00, why can't everyone be informed today (or tomorrow morning latest)? (I appreciate this is somewhat of a manual process, but it is agonising for students who are desperate for some closure.)

Decisions on whether to pool or not are done by 16:00. Decisions on who to take from the Pool are made tomorrow.
Reply 3404
Original post by Slowbro93
I'd still call, just so you can check the status of your application and when they will get back to you. Do you have your grades now?

Yeah my IB grades came out a few weeks ago and STEP results a few hours ago. Also, why not email? I'm really worried about seeming pushy forcing them to rush a decision leading to a rejection :/
Original post by Ayman!
@physicsmaths, @Serine Sоul, @Zacken, @Duke Glacia, @C0balt wonderful news! I wish you guys the best in Cambridge. :biggrin:

Thank you :h:
Original post by Gregorius
Congratulations! This awaits you; mind out for the building work!

Thank you :awesome:

I can't see the pic :frown:
Original post by jneill
No I mean those who are still under consideration. They are in a bit of limbo waiting for Cambridge, but they also can't go into Clearing...

If you're under consideration by Cambridge this means you haven't been rejected at UCAS and can't enter clearing. If you want to enter clearing you need to phone your College and ask to be released. This will put you out of any further contention here.
Original post by jweo

Yes in this situation I'd call :smile:
Original post by jweo
Yeah my IB grades came out a few weeks ago and STEP results a few hours ago. Also, why not email? I'm really worried about seeming pushy forcing them to rush a decision leading to a rejection :/

You could email, but it could potentially delay the process. I would call just to see where you first stand, and then from there email from that point on to have full progress.

Keep us updated :smile:
Original post by jweo

You certainly won't increase your chance of rejection. Your circumstances warrant you being near the top of the pile of decisions as it is pretty time sensitive. Email now and follow up later in the day (mid-afternoon) with a phone call if you haven't heard anything.

We prioritise the most urgent decisions where candidates have overseas university offers or where they've missed their insurance offer and will need to go into clearing if we don't waive the conditions. I appreciate this can seem frustrating to others but we are trying to act in the best interests of our offer-holders.
Original post by Peterhouse Admissions
If you're under consideration by Cambridge this means you haven't been rejected at UCAS and can't enter clearing. If you want to enter clearing you need to phone your College and ask to be released. This will put you out of any further contention here.

That's what I thought. Thanks.
I can't get my results until ten, but my track has updated to 'Congratulations, your place at University of Cambridge for Mathematics has been confirmed'. I suppose it's final now?
Original post by EricPiphany
I can't get my results until ten, but my track has updated to 'Congratulations, your place at University of Cambridge for Mathematics has been confirmed'. I suppose it's final now?

Yes - you're in :smile:
4A*s! See you all in October!

Indeed! :woo:
Original post by Whizbox
4A*s! See you all in October!

Yay!
Original post by jneill
Yes - you're in :smile:

Indeed! :woo:

Thanks guys, it's still hard to believe.
@Duke Glacia thank you for your messages I can't reply for some reason
Congrats to you too :smile:
See you at fresher's!
Thanks guys, it's still hard to believe.

:smile: Well done again :smile:
Reply 3419
Original post by Peterhouse Admissions
You certainly won't increase your chance of rejection. Your circumstances warrant you being near the top of the pile of decisions as it is pretty time sensitive. Email now and follow up later in the day (mid-afternoon) with a phone call if you haven't heard anything.

We prioritise the most urgent decisions where candidates have overseas university offers or where they've missed their insurance offer and will need to go into clearing if we don't waive the conditions. I appreciate this can seem frustrating to others but we are trying to act in the best interests of our offer-holders.

You could email, but it could potentially delay the process. I would call just to see where you first stand, and then from there email from that point on to have full progress.

Keep us updated :smile:

Thanks :smile: I emailed trinity and they replied saying I'd been put into the pool and would only find out the outcome around 18:00 tomorrow :/ guess i'll wait and see - maybe buy some really last minute plane tickets

Latest

Trending

Trending