The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by michael4444
my firm was A*AA
My insurance was AAB
I rejected an AAA a while ago

I got AAB today

Ahould i get my B remarked and ring up my AAA that i rejected a while back?

You could try, but it depends on the course and on if they still have any places.
Original post by claireestelle
Any luck calling them a second time?

track just updated. they confirmed. yayy.
now should I wait for CAS?
Original post by EmEternal2
On UCAS Track, my firm choice said my application was unsuccessful and my insurance choice hasn't responded at all yet. So I'm in a bit of a limbo. I'd already prepared myself that I may need to go into clearing so I'd chosen uni’s and courses that I would apply for if that time came, so now I feel like the longer my insurance take to reply, the less chance I have of getting a place on a course. I heard that Track won’t update until 12 noon, so I’m going to ring the uni I think otherwise I’ll be waiting far too long for a clearing number to come through if they reject me! Can anyone give me any advice, or I there anything else I should do? Thanks :smile:

If you have your results, call them up right now :yep:
On UCAS Track, my firm choice said my application was unsuccessful and my insurance choice hasn't responded at all yet. So I'm in a bit of a limbo. I'd already prepared myself that I may need to go into clearing so I'd chosen uni’s and courses that I would apply for if that time came, so now I feel like the longer my insurance take to reply, the less chance I have of getting a place on a course. I heard that Track won’t update until 12 noon, so I’m going to ring the uni I think otherwise I’ll be waiting far too long for a clearing number to come through if they reject me! Can anyone give me any advice, or I there anything else I should do? Thanks :smile:

I think it's a good idea to phone your insurance.*

Sorry about your firm.*

Try not to panic and sit down and ring them, until you've heard directly from them, you don't know what's happening :smile:
Original post by KythingToWrite
... damn I never even knew that emoji existed :tongue: Course?
(International kid here, I'm still weirded out by how you all call it Brum? :tongue: )

Psychology!! I rang up to try and change it to Law with Criminology but the course is full :frown: still, i'm happy to have a place and still look forward to doing Psych. What about you??

hehe, that's the city's nickname!! If you're from Birmingham then you're known as a Brummy :biggrin:
Original post by zoex101
Can someone explain the boundaries you need for an A*, A, B etc in terms of UMS?
I know its 480 for an A in a 6 unit a level, what about 4 unit and what do you need for an A*

It'll be 80% for an A, 70% for a B etc. So for four modules, 160/200 for an A, 140/200 for a B etc.
Original post by phaggit
keele
they both went to oxbridge

Then I'm sure they're bright enough to appreciate Keele is a solid university. What are you going to study?

...and I know this may sound cheesy, but University really is what you make of it. You're in a fantastic position to take every opportunity that comes your way from now on. You've just got into your first choice! Be proud of yourself and enjoy today and the next 3+ years. They will be some of the best of your life! :smile:
Original post by JMACM98
Can I call a uni and ask about a course that's not on clearing to see if they'd let me on that instead or is it a waste of time?

Huge waste of time
AS-Level

D in Business (new spec)D in Psychology (new spec)C/B in Media (still old spec)Any chance that I will get into uni with this? Freaking out...

If you've got your results then ring your insurance

Take names and job titles of who you speak to.

Explain that you have some options in clearing that you'd like to apply for and would like a decision from them ASAP. They KNOW if they're going to take you or not (they're just playing the field and using your application as a backup which is out of order) so forcing their hand won't harm your chances of a place.
AS-Level D in Business (new spec)
D in Psychology (new spec)
C/B in Media (still old spec) Any chance that I will get into uni with this? Freaking out...
Reply 8492
Earlier this year my firm said I have to achieve certain grades on my current education, I just phoned them up this morning when I found out that they have rejected me and they said they rejected me because I didn't do full GCSEs 4 years ago.

Oh well.... 😒

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
AS-Level
D in Business (new spec)D in Psychology (new spec)C/B in Media (still old spec)

Any chance that I will get into uni with this? Freaking out...
Original post by HassanAftab

If you've gone through ucas, you wouldnt get a cas i d have thought, could be wrong though.
Original post by phaggit
keele
they both went to oxbridge

I'm going to Keele! What are you studying? I'm studying Midwifery and Keele is 3rd in the UK for that which is why I'm going, a lot of prestige in the medical world. It's a fab uni and you need to go where you feel comfortable and where is good for your particular subject. I hasn't won 1st for student satisfaction 3 years running for nothing!
Original post by HassanAftab

Contact the international office at your university - they wont be so swamped as the clearing lines and they'll know how it works for that uni and how long you can expect to wait :yes:

[congratulations!]
Original post by Roubass
AS-Level
D in Business (new spec)D in Psychology (new spec)C/B in Media (still old spec)

Any chance that I will get into uni with this? Freaking out...

Definitely. Have a look at the UCAS website for courses around the BCC grade boundaries :yep: . Unless you're willing to resit or retake the year?
I missed my offer by 2 grades (King's medicine) but my offer's still conditional. I called them up and they told me they'll tell me their decision tomorrow at the earliest. That means i can't go through clearing at the moment, but i'm afraid all the good places will be gone by that time. Is there anything i can do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Roubass
AS-Level

D in Business (new spec)D in Psychology (new spec)C/B in Media (still old spec)Any chance that I will get into uni with this? Freaking out...

What subject(s) are you interested in studying? You can search for courses and their entry requirements here.

Quick Reply

Latest