The Student Room Group

A/AS Cash-in

I have two results for economics(overall) one with GCE/A 'A Cash-in' besides it which is overall B(314ums) 6 ums off an A, and the other is GCE/ASB 'AS Cash-in' grade A but only 162 ums total.
What is the difference in the 'cash-in'?
Is it just my resit results? Why doesn't my other resit have the 'cash-in' stuff beside it? Thanks.
Original post by Aydin7
I have two results for economics(overall) one with GCE/A 'A Cash-in' besides it which is overall B(314ums) 6 ums off an A, and the other is GCE/ASB 'AS Cash-in' grade A but only 162 ums total.
What is the difference in the 'cash-in'?
Is it just my resit results? Why doesn't my other resit have the 'cash-in' stuff beside it? Thanks.

Did you do an AS exam alongside your A-level exams in the same subject?

If so, then it's just showing your AS results as well as your A2 results. There's no real correlation between the two to show a difference.

It might just be that's how that specific exam board likes to write their results really. You shouldn't worry about this at all.

Usually exam boards don't put in "cash-in" anyway.
Original post by The Empire Odyssey
Did you do an AS exam alongside your A-level exams in the same subject?

If so, then it's just showing your AS results as well as your A2 results. There's no real correlation between the two to show a difference.

It might just be that's how that specific exam board likes to write their results really. You shouldn't worry about this at all.

Usually exam boards don't put in "cash-in" anyway.

Yes I did, thanks for the help. Just confused since the other exam board didn't do it, but like you say must be their preference.

Do you think its worth putting in for priority remark as I'm 6 ums in one subject(3 a's and a low b in an essay paper) and 11ums for another(mostly high b's but it's computing so hard to say if I can get awarded extra marks). Both my choices declined me.
Original post by Aydin7
Yes I did, thanks for the help. Just confused since the other exam board didn't do it, but like you say must be their preference.

Do you think its worth putting in for priority remark as I'm 6 ums in one subject(3 a's and a low b in an essay paper) and 11ums for another(mostly high b's but it's computing so hard to say if I can get awarded extra marks). Both my choices declined me.

Well, you have to remember UMS are different from RAW marks. UMS tends to be lower and RAW tends to be higher. So 11 UMS might be something between 13-18 marks. 6 can be something between 8-12 marks so I personally don't think it will be worth it because those are a lot of RAW marks and it wouldn't be that beneficial and seeing as both unis declined you then it probably won't make any difference.

I'm sorry to hear that, that really sucks but it's not the end of the world.

Your best bet is to go through clearing. If you were relatively close to your original offers, then clearing will be good for you anyway. If you were off by quite a margin, it would be more difficult to go to a preferred clearing uni. But if you're ready to go to uni and want to study more then go through clearing now!
Original post by The Empire Odyssey
Well, you have to remember UMS are different from RAW marks. UMS tends to be lower and RAW tends to be higher. So 11 UMS might be something between 13-18 marks. 6 can be something between 8-12 marks so I personally don't think it will be worth it because those are a lot of RAW marks and it wouldn't be that beneficial and seeing as both unis declined you then it probably won't make any difference.

I'm sorry to hear that, that really sucks but it's not the end of the world.

Your best bet is to go through clearing. If you were relatively close to your original offers, then clearing will be good for you anyway. If you were off by quite a margin, it would be more difficult to go to a preferred clearing uni. But if you're ready to go to uni and want to study more then go through clearing now!

Thanks for the help and info, need to get busy now haha, have a good day :smile:
For my economics course, 5raw marks=10 ums, do remarks only usually vary around a couple marks? I'd only need 3 raw marks on the essay paper for an A, I think
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Aydin7
Thanks for the help and info, need to get busy now haha, have a good day :smile:
For my economics course, 5raw marks=10 ums, do remarks only usually vary around a couple marks?

Remarks tend to go only slightly higher if there was reason to. But most remarks don't change.

Good luck sweetheart! :flutter:
Original post by Aydin7
Sorry to bother you again, if I apply for a clearing place and get it, can I switch afterwards if I get a better offer or a remark goes well? i.e. can I apply for a clearing place but switch/not take it? Thanks :biggrin:

@usycool1 or will be able to help with this question more than me love!

Quick Reply

Latest