The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by usycool1
That's quite rubbish of them.*

usycool, I'm quite worried about my critical thinking AS grade. I've not collected my results in it

I wouldn't be suprised if I got a D in it and I want to study dentistry, as we didn't get proper lessons or anything... the school forced us to do it.

Do universities literally disregard it all together or will it hinder my application at all (assuming other subjects are fine?)

It's going to be cashed in sadly so will have to go on my ucas form
Thank you!
Original post by Gorillion
congrats m8, where are you going?

Still yet to do the remaining A2s. I'll be applying next year :biggrin:
Does anyone know what will happen and when track will update again still waiting for my first choice dont know whether to ring or wait a little while
my three math units show up for as. they have not displayed a grade but my ums adds up to around 270ish so is this an A or the max grade at as?

Also i did poorly on one pf the papers but i think ive gotten the max grade of A right so there wouldnt be a point of resitting that paper?
(edited 7 years ago)
Still waiting...
School won't let us collect until 10.30
Original post by Lularose83
Awful results (chemistry was a shock) so I'm going into clearing and have to scrap my medicine/ gap year plans 😭

Plans will always get put on hold in life, don't worry about it too much sweetheart.

There is no shame in going into clearing and you can always return to medicine later on in life hon.

"Life goes the way it's supposed to, not the way we want it to".

:flutter:
I'm sorry :frown: GEM is still an option!

Thanks! I'm still looking into GEM but I'm not sure medicine is for me anymore. I thought I gave my all in these exams but clearly I must have done something wrong. 😌
Original post by phaggit
keele
they both went to oxbridge

welcome to oxbridge parent club
Original post by NatoHeadshot
my three math units show up for as. they have not displayed a grade but my ums adds up to around 280ish so is this an A or the max grade at as?

It's an A - well done :smile:

The max mark is 300.*
Original post by Mattematics
A*A*A*A

Stunned :woo:

Wow! Clever clogs :teeth:

Well done! :awesome: :party: :woo:

Original post by Workaholism
A*A*A* + A at AS! Med school ahoy! So overwhelmed. :biggrin:

YYAAAAAAYYYYYYY congratulations! :woo: :party: :woo:

Original post by Lulu1609
ABC and into my firm! Couldn't be happier :-)

CONGRATULATIONS! :awesome: . Now go and celebrate! :smile:
Original post by PQ
Assuming you've got ABB or higher and are looking for something biology related - the best places wont go in clearing.

In your situation it's worth waiting for an answer from KCL. Make sure to get names and job titles when you speak to them on the phone (you'll get better answers and less fobbing off) and phone them regularly.

What subject were you hoping for at UAL? most UAL courses will recommend a foundation diploma before you apply for the degree anyway so your A levels are a lot less important than your portfolio/show reel.

I wanted to do Fashion Business, but I wasn't really sure about the course and future career path, as they told me wait for the AS results...
Original post by Jitesh
usycool, I'm quite worried about my critical thinking AS grade. I've not collected my results in it

I wouldn't be suprised if I got a D in it and I want to study dentistry, as we didn't get proper lessons or anything... the school forced us to do it.

Do universities literally disregard it all together or will it hinder my application at all (assuming other subjects are fine?)

It's going to be cashed in sadly so will have to go on my ucas form

Most will disregard it so don't worry :smile:
Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM
Does anyone know what will happen and when track will update again still waiting for my first choice dont know whether to ring or wait a little while

See the first post - Track wont change now til midday.

If you've got your results ring your universities and find out when they'll give you an answer (and if you're not willing to wait tell them - it's unacceptable to keep you hanging - they've had your grades since Saturday)
Original post by Lularose83
Thanks! I'm still looking into GEM but I'm not sure medicine is for me anymore. I thought I gave my all in these exams but clearly I must have done something wrong. 😌

A-Levels are very different to what Medicine is like and have very little bearing on whether or not it's for you. :smile:

If you have your results, call them up now :smile:

Original post by Muttski
Still waiting...
School won't let us collect until 10.30

:console: . How long does it take to travel? :smile:

Ring them and find out some answers!

Ring and ask what's going on*
Most will disregard it so don't worry :smile:

Even with getting an E?

Do you know which unis would look at it and question it??

Such a silly system forcing students to do an exam without being taught the content properly!!
Why is it I fail over and over again, despite the unbelievable amount of work I put in? I improve my previous two failures of DD to CC, but then get DD in A2, overall making it an A2. My other AS of a B has now gone down to a C.

CDD is pathetic, haha. Luckily, University of Westminster has offered me a place for Computer Science there. Can I ask if people know much about this Uni, and what they think of it?Thanks.
The hardest part was telling my parents at 6 AM, now I'll have to tell my family who'll call all day that I sucked...

...and it's my Birthday on Saturday.
Is it possible to resit an a2 module next year, I.e FP3

Quick Reply

Latest