The Student Room Group

As level results confusion

I got a B in as level maths edexel. I took c1 c2 and statistics s1
So are ther any chances that i will get an a* in a2 if i perform well in a2. Or should i resit this exam

Also in cie as level exams i got an A in biology ,B in chem and C in physics
Same doubt
Sould i resit for physics and chem
Or should i only give the a2 papers and if i do well thats enough

Would appreciate ur help 😊
Original post by sanjukp
So are ther any chances that i will get an a* in a2 if i perform well in a2. Or should i resit this exam

Same doubt

What were your module marks for C1, C2 and S1 respectively?

Again for that, how close were you from the grades above in Chem and Physics? :smile:
To get an A* at A-level maths you will need 180 UMS across C3 and C4 and 480 UMS overall.

It's quite possible to get an A* with a B at AS. For example if you had 210 UMS at AS then you'd need to get 270 at A2. But you may want to consider re-sitting a module to ease the pressure on A2 for reaching the 480 component of the A*. Whether or not it is worth it will depend on how high your B is.

What overall grades are you expecting in Chem and Physics?
Original post by sanjukp

Same doubt

AS has very little to do with the A* grade, so there's not much point retaking. To score the A*, you need 480/600 overall and 180/200 over C3 and C4. It won't be easy, however, so you'll need to focus a lot of energy on c3 and c4.

What are you aiming for in Physics and Chemistry?*
Original post by sanjukp

Same doubt

I would say leave chem and maybe resit one physics but look at what you need at A2 to get into the uni you want to go to
When you go back in September, you teachers will go through your results and determine with you the best option. And you have to remember that A2's next year are full on, re-doing AS exams can bog you down with more work which could impede your revision for A2 exams.
Reply 6
Original post by usycool1
AS has very little to do with the A* grade, so there's not much point retaking. To score the A*, you need 480/600 overall and 180/200 over C3 and C4. It won't be easy, however, so you'll need to focus a lot of energy on c3 and c4.

What are you aiming for in Physics and Chemistry?*

Well actually of course i'm aiming for a* cuz i need to get admission in medical so i need good grades for all 4 subs
Reply 7
Original post by Kvothe the arcane
To get an A* at A-level maths you will need 180 UMS across C3 and C4 and 480 UMS overall.

It's quite possible to get an A* with a B at AS. For example if you had 210 UMS at AS then you'd need to get 270 at A2. But you may want to consider re-sitting a module to ease the pressure on A2 for reaching the 480 component of the A*. Whether or not it is worth it will depend on how high your B is.

What overall grades are you expecting in Chem and Physics?

Well actually of course i'm aiming for a* cuz i need to get admission in medical so i need good grades for all 4 subs
Original post by sanjukp

You don't need all A*s for Medicine. I'd retake - you'll need at least A's and it may be hard to make up at A2.
Reply 9
Original post by usycool1
You don't need all A*s for Medicine. I'd retake - you'll need at least A's and it may be hard to make up at A2.

Hmm
I'll think about it
Thank u so much 😊

Quick Reply

Latest