The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lularose83
Awful results (chemistry was a shock) so I'm going into clearing and have to scrap my medicine/ gap year plans 😭

Sorry to hear that, have you found anything you like in clearing?

Original post by Mattematics
A*A*A*A

Stunned :woo:

Original post by Workaholism
A*A*A* + A at AS! Med school ahoy! So overwhelmed. :biggrin:

Original post by Lulu1609
ABC and into my firm! Couldn't be happier :-)

Congratulations all :smile:
got AAB im glad the tear stains i left on my exam papers made an impact on my markers! the only thing im miffed about is missing my chemi predicted grade by like 20 ums, but im still pretty chuffed w how it turned out. now my nightmares will be more merciful until uni starts! woo!
A*ABB
Thanks! I'm still looking into GEM but I'm not sure medicine is for me anymore. I thought I gave my all in these exams but clearly I must have done something wrong. 😌

:frown: :hugs:

What parts of medicine attracted you? There's a bunch of other healthcare options (PA, PT, OT, Pod, ST, Chir, Audio, Paramedic etc etc etc etc) that might have what you enjoy without the OTT focus on grades.

Or maybe something completely different?
Original post by Nirgilis
CONGRATULATIONS! :awesome :woo: :party: :woo:

Original post by claireestelle
Congratulations :smile:

Thank you both so much!
Original post by Jitesh
Even with getting an E?

Do you know which unis would look at it and question it??

Such a silly system forcing students to do an exam without being taught the content properly!!

I believe so - most won't accept it but I can't remember of th top of my head which ones do accept it!

I agree - it's stupid*
Original post by Olymedeus
Is it possible to resit an a2 module next year, I.e FP3

Yes, it is!
Original post by robins620
Thank you both so much!

Do you have any plans to celebrate? :smile:
Original post by Polyrogue
Why is it I fail over and over again, despite the unbelievable amount of work I put in? I improve my previous two failures of DD to CC, but then get DD in A2, overall making it an A2. My other AS of a B has now gone down to a C.

CDD is pathetic, haha. Luckily, University of Westminster has offered me a place for Computer Science there. Can I ask if people know much about this Uni, and what they think of it?Thanks.
The hardest part was telling my parents at 6 AM, now I'll have to tell my family who'll call all day that I sucked...

...and it's my Birthday on Saturday.

You have a Uni place so dont be too hard and yourself :smile:
I was just calling my university and I GOT INNNNNNNNNNNNN :h:
How do you find the specific ums for each unit on resultsplus? I can only find the overall grade
I've finished AS and I got A*AA :biggrin: , Applying to Oxford, Imperial, Southampton, Manchester :3
Reply 8552
Original post by PQ
That sucks

Have you spotted any other options in clearing?

Really sucks.. especially if you've invested heavily your time, money and energy in sorting out your application and everything just went down the drain for absolutely nothing. :sad:

I'm currently enrolled to university, I just tried to transfer to another one but was unsuccessful because of my GCSEs. :ashamed:
Why is it I fail over and over again, despite the unbelievable amount of work I put in? I improve my previous two failures of DD to CC, but then get DD in A2, overall making it an A2. My other AS of a B has now gone down to a C.

CDD is pathetic, haha. Luckily, University of Westminster has offered me a place for Computer Science there. Can I ask if people know much about this Uni, and what they think of it?Thanks.
The hardest part was telling my parents at 6 AM, now I'll have to tell my family who'll call all day that I sucked...

CDD isn't pathetic. I can see why you're disappointed but it's a decent base.

I'd suggest looking into the details of the Westminster course (and keep looking for other options in clearing) to see how much of your marks will be based on exams. It seems like exams aren't your strong spot so aiming for a degree with more focus on coursework will help you move your grades upwards as you study.
Original post by Nirgilis
Do you have any plans to celebrate? :smile:

Not sure yet, some of my friends are planning to go out tonight, but nightclubs aren't really my thing. Nice meal this evening with family would be much nicer, got a few people to ring with the good news!

Didn't get a lot of sleep last night but there's no chance of me getting any now! Too excited!
Awful results (chemistry was a shock) so I'm going into clearing and have to scrap my medicine/ gap year plans 😭

Oh no. I'm so sorry to hear that, especially since you've worked so hard - so what degrees will you be looking at?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PQ
:frown: :hugs:

What parts of medicine attracted you? There's a bunch of other healthcare options (PA, PT, OT, Pod, ST, Chir, Audio, Paramedic etc etc etc etc) that might have what you enjoy without the OTT focus on grades.

Or maybe something completely different?

I liked neuroscience, but my grades aren't really good enough even for that (ABC and A*epq). My B and C were 2ums each off from the next grade up so I'm getting them remarked😥

If you've got a place (doing a great subject BTW) there is no need to dwell on the grades. They were good enough after all!

You've got the next 3+ years to enjoy and make the most of and you'll be in demand when you graduate! Wish I had done ComSci. Westminster generally has good student satisfaction. In the 70s for ComSci. Remember, Uni is what you make of it. Grab every opportunity.

...and Happy Birthday :wink:
Original post by lnux
Really sucks.. especially if you've invested heavily your time, money and energy in sorting out your application and everything just went down the drain for absolutely nothing. :sad:

I'm currently enrolled to university, I just tried to transfer to another one but was unsuccessful because of my GCSEs. :ashamed:

Oh no :frown:

It's worth asking if they'll accept any substitutes for GCSE (like these tests https://www.cardiffmet.ac.uk/study/adviceforapplicants/Pages/Equivalency-Testing.aspx - available in August with almost instant marking).
Original post by PlayerBB
I was just calling my university and I GOT INNNNNNNNNNNNN :h:

WAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY! :awesome: :woo: :party:

Congratulations! :smile: . Happy? :smile:

Original post by nonametosee
I've finished AS and I got A*AA :biggrin: , Applying to Oxford, Imperial, Southampton, Manchester :3

Congratulations! :awesome: . Which subject do you want to study? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest