The Student Room Group

STEP Prep Thread 2016 (Mark. II)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jneill
@shamika summoned me so I haven't read everything... :smile: But that means you are still under consideration. Send your UMS details to your college when you get them and fingers crossed. You may still be accepted by your college, or summer pooled, or, of course, be unsuccessful...
Good luck!

I thought the headmaster sends the statement of results for UMS? Since I dont have the statement results but I only have the internet page on my school website that states what the results were

Original post by shamika
Call your college to find out what's going on.*

Are you sure?
Original post by imsoanonymous123
I thought the headmaster sends the statement of results for UMS? Since I dont have the statement results but I only have the internet page on my school website that states what the results were

Are you sure?

Check with your school. The college will accept results from your referee. (But really you should have them anyway - can't you access it from your intranet?!)

It's best to email rather than call at this stage.
Reply 3102
Hasn't updated Cambridge for me either. Has anyone's track updates their cambridge status?
Original post by jweo
Hasn't updated Cambridge for me either. Has anyone's track updates their cambridge status?

Have you made the STEP grades? And any updates for A Levels? If so, I would call your college when they open (I'm assuming at 9)
Reply 3104
Original post by Slowbro93
Have you made the STEP grades? And any updates for A Levels? If so, I would call your college when they open (I'm assuming at 9)

I missed the step grades (1,2 instead of 1,1) and I did IB instead of A-levels, results for which have been out for a long time (I received an email from trinity informing my that they received my IB grades a few weeks ago, and I met that part of my offer) :/
(edited 7 years ago)
Are you sure?

Yes (well email, as jneill says). This is the time to contact your college to see what's happening, but make sure you have your UMS to hand before you contact them, because that might be important in their decisions.

Good luck. I'm silly busy at work today but will try to check TSR every so often so let me know how you get on.
Original post by shamika
Yes (well email, as jneill says). This is the time to contact your college to see what's happening, but make sure you have your UMS to hand before you contact them, because that might be important in their decisions.

Good luck. I'm silly busy at work today but will try to check TSR every so often so let me know how you get on.

How are things going for you by the way? :smile:
Hope it all went well for ya'll.
Congratulations to everyone who got what they want, and commiserations to those who dipped out :smile:
Original post by jweo

Mine has! (getting in G100 Mathematics)
mfw zacken was wrong and I actually did end up getting a 2 :biggrin:

hope everyone's went alright

edit: got 67
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by jacobe
mfw zacken was wrong and I actually did end up getting a 2 :biggrin:

hope everyone's went alright

Have you checked track yet?
Have you checked track yet?

as in ucas track? yeah, i got in :smile:
Original post by jacobe
as in ucas track? yeah, i got in :smile:

:five: How are you going to celebrate?
:X

Looks like I'm slowbro 2.0

Posted from TSR Mobile
:five: How are you going to celebrate?

Meet up with friends, dinner, and maybe go with a few friends to a club (just cliched teenage things tbh)
Original post by jneill
Check with your school. The college will accept results from your referee. (But really you should have them anyway - can't you access it from your intranet?!)

It's best to email rather than call at this stage.

Original post by shamika

I just got the email that they decided to waive my offer and let me in :biggrin:

Thanks for your support
I just got the email that they decided to waive my offer and let me in :biggrin:

Thanks for your support

Yayyayyyyayyyay w000000000t!!!!

:smile:

Thanks for your support

:woo: So happy! :biggrin:
Yess they honoured their promise, Cambridge still let me in for Computer Science :biggrin:

Got A*A*A, highest ever Maths UMS in my school, highest Further Maths UMS in my school ever, got 300/300 in A2 Maths :biggrin:

The benefits of going to a comprehensive school - the records are beatable :P
Original post by ComputerMaths97
Yess they honoured their promise, Cambridge still let me in for Computer Science :biggrin:

Got A*A*A, highest ever Maths UMS in my school, highest Further Maths UMS in my school ever, got 300/300 in A2 Maths :biggrin:

The benefits of going to a comprehensive school - the records are beatable :P

"still"?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending