The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by usycool1
Yes, it is!

I love you
Original post by nomophobia
Oh no. I'm so sorry to hear that, especially since you've worked so hard - so what degrees will you be looking at?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you for saying that! Probably just a science degree then maybe apply for GEM. I can't wait for this day to be over!
Original post by claireestelle
Something like that would put me off a uni, i d call them calmly and ask them to explain themselves.

Just thought I'd update you:
I've rang Bournemouth, (well, the woman who wanted to ring me about it) and the lady was extremely rude to me. Couldn't remember who she was speaking to despite me saying my name 4 times, and actively said that they didn't want me to go, despite my grades being fine.
So I rang York St John, and they're very pleased to have me. The woman was lovely, and gave me lots of advice, so I'm going there!
Every cloud eh? :tongue:
Original post by robins620
Not sure yet, some of my friends are planning to go out tonight, but nightclubs aren't really my thing. Nice meal this evening with family would be much nicer, got a few people to ring with the good news!

Didn't get a lot of sleep last night but there's no chance of me getting any now! Too excited!

Well, you deserve everything that comes your way today :smile:
Original post by PQ
:frown:

They've got a new VC who's super strict on grades

No way!! Oh well. Their loss:biggrin:
N0t happy with my results at ad level (ABBB)
Original post by Olymedeus
I love you

Many people do.*

(I kid)*
Original post by Lularose83
I liked neuroscience, but my grades aren't really good enough even for that (ABC and A*epq). My B and C were 2ums each off from the next grade up so I'm getting them remarked😥

http://www.southampton.ac.uk/biosci/undergraduate/courses/master-of-neuroscience.page? is asking for BBB :ninjagirl: (and Soton often drop a grade for an A or above in EPQ anyway).
Original post by Lularose83
Awful results (chemistry was a shock) so I'm going into clearing and have to scrap my medicine/ gap year plans 😭

Sorry to hear this, is there no way of resitting and trying for medicine again?
Original post by Effie14
I've rang Bournemouth, (well, the woman who wanted to ring me about it) and the lady was extremely rude to me. Couldn't remember who she was speaking to despite me saying my name 4 times, and actively said that they didn't want me to go, despite my grades being fine.
So I rang York St John, and they're very pleased to have me. The woman was lovely, and gave me lots of advice, so I'm going there!

Sounds to me like you're going to a much happier, friendlier and better place then! Congratulations :smile:
Original post by PlayerBB
I was just calling my university and I GOT INNNNNNNNNNNNN :h:

Congrats, where are you off to?
Original post by Nirgilis
WAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY! :awesome: :woo: :party:

Congratulations! :smile: . Happy? :smile:

THANK YOUUUUUU SOOO MUCH, I can't believe it!!! I am SOO HAPPY
:woo: :h: :h:
Do many people do foundation year? I am thinking of doing it & im planning on resitting 4 exams as i got ACE and was 1 ums mark off each grade so whilst doing foundation year can i resit the 3 exams? So i can get A*BC? Or should i take a gap year and resit externally?
I got A*A*B. WHAT EVEN

The B from English Literature was a bit weird/unexpected :/ I got a low C, almost a D in the exam which I thought went really well. But the school is paying for mine and 3 others to be sent off for remarks because it's abnormal considering I got a high A in the coursework.

A* IN HISTORY THO HOW TF DID THAT HAPPEN I THOUGHT THE EXAM WAS A TRAINWRECK LOL

Well done to everyone, hope you're all happy with what you've got :heart:
Original post by Natalierm2707
Sorry to hear this, is there no way of resitting and trying for medicine again?

I considered it but I don't think I can face my teachers/ sixth form again! 😞
Original post by Effie14

That's so silly. There's no need to be rude.

It sounds like you've made the right choice for you :yes:
Original post by izzy_hill
I got A*A*B. WHAT EVEN

The B from English Literature was a bit weird/unexpected :/ I got a low C, almost a D in the exam which I thought went really well. But the school is paying for mine and 3 others to be sent off for remarks because it's abnormal considering I got a high A in the coursework.

A* IN HISTORY THO HOW TF DID THAT HAPPEN I THOUGHT THE EXAM WAS A TRAINWRECK LOL

Well done to everyone, hope you're all happy with what you've got :heart:

Was this AS or A2? :smile:
Original post by vlb206
Congrats, where are you off to?

University of Sunderland to study MPharm :h:
I got ABC and my offer was ABB for biochem at warwick, I got the C in bio is it worth calling up
Original post by Nirgilis

I'm pretty sure you can just withdraw, but you would need to re-apply. Do you want to defer your place? :smile:

Just phoned UCAS, and they've withdrawn me. Na I just didn't want to do that course, and looking forward to a gap year :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest