Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

Aston's Clearing Thread

Hi,

We have just gone live with our entry requirements for 2016:

http://www.aston.ac.uk/clearing/vacancies/

You will be able to call us from 7am tomorrow once you have your grades. I'm not able to make offers on TSR but i will be on hand to support with any questions you may have.

Please call: 0121 204 4444 if you wish to apply.

Good luck tomorrow
Josh

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aston University
Hi,

We have just gone live with our entry requirements for 2016:

http://www.aston.ac.uk/clearing/vacancies/

You will be able to call us from 7am tomorrow once you have your grades. I'm not able to make offers on TSR but i will be on hand to support with any questions you may have.

Please call: 0121 204 4444 if you wish to apply.

Good luck tomorrow
Josh

Hi,

I would like to apply for the Science Foundation Year but I cannot get through, is there any chance I could be given an email to discuss this? I got 3 C's in Maths, Biology and Chemistry

Thank you
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Original post by science286
Hi,

I would like to apply for the Science Foundation Year but I cannot get through, is there any chance I could be given an email to discuss this?

Thank you

Hi,

I've sent you a personal message.

Josh :smile:
Reply 3
hi, I tried calling but I've been put on hold for 40mins now. I wanted to see if I would be able to apply for sociology and social policy with grades BCC
Original post by science286
Hi,

I would like to apply for the Science Foundation Year but I cannot get through, is there any chance I could be given an email to discuss this? I got 3 C's in Maths, Biology and Chemistry

Thank you

Hi I can't get through is this the only clearing number? I'm looking for a place on the neuroscience course :smile: the number won't even dial...
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by easuo1
hi, I tried calling but I've been put on hold for 40mins now. I wanted to see if I would be able to apply for sociology and social policy with grades BCC

Hi,

Sociology and Social policy is taking students at BCC, so you should be eligible for a place. Please keep trying, our clearing hotline processes over 9000 calls on this day with each person taking around 80 calls. I understand it can be frustrating, but it will be worth the wait.

If you have any questions about Aston in the mean time, feel free to give me a shout.

Josh :smile:
Original post by D.JSullivan
Hi I can't get through is this the only clearing number? I'm looking for a place on the neuroscience course :smile:

Hi,

Our Neuroscience course is clearing at BBB, if you have the appropriate grades please keep trying to get through on 0121 204 4444, i know demand is quite high right now, but we are trying our very best to answer each and every call.

If you have any questions about Aston whilst you wait just give me a shout.

Good luck

Josh
Hi,

Our Neuroscience course is clearing at BBB, if you have the appropriate grades please keep trying to get through on 0121 204 4444, i know demand is quite high right now, but we are trying our very best to answer each and every call.

If you have any questions about Aston whilst you wait just give me a shout.

Good luck

Josh

Thank you, if my grades are lower should I bother calling?
Thank you, if my grades are lower should I bother calling?

I would look at your tariff points if that's the case, if you're within a 20 point range it may still be worth calling up.Alternatively if your grades are much lower, you might want to do a foundation year in science which will allow you entry onto Neuroscience.

Josh
I've yet to receive my grades but I missed my offer for Biological Sciences, I know at worst I have CDD (I know it's stupid to ask without my actual grades) but if I have those grades is there much point applying for the foundation year science?

I should hopefully be phoning up with results in about an hour.
Original post by Dinasaurus
I've yet to receive my grades but I missed my offer for Biological Sciences, I know at worst I have CDD (I know it's stupid to ask without my actual grades) but if I have those grades is there much point applying for the foundation year science?

I should hopefully be phoning up with results in about an hour.

Hi,

Sorry to hear that,

Our foundation programme is clearing at CCC, i would check your grades first, odds are you may be made a cascade offer already if you are suitable for a foundation programme.

Good luck!

Josh
I would look at your tariff points if that's the case, if you're within a 20 point range it may still be worth calling up.Alternatively if your grades are much lower, you might want to do a foundation year in science which will allow you entry onto Neuroscience.

Josh

Okay I'll give it a go then :smile: although everything I dial the number I get "line busy" and then the call hangs up. Is this true for everyone or is there a calling waiting service?

Josh

Okay I'll give it a go then :smile: although everything I dial the number I get "line busy" and then the call hangs up. Is this true for everyone or is there a calling waiting service?

Hi,

That's the same for everyone, i know it can be frustrating but keep trying, we deal with around 9000 calls during today alone.

Josh
Hi,

Sorry to hear that,

Our foundation programme is clearing at CCC, i would check your grades first, odds are you may be made a cascade offer already if you are suitable for a foundation programme.

Good luck!

Josh

If I haven't already does it mean I've not got it?
Original post by Dinasaurus
If I haven't already does it mean I've not got it?

Hi,

Unfortunately i can't speculate on offers on TSR. Best course of action is to call up and inquire into the foundation year. I know it can be frustrating, but try your best.

Josh
Reply 16
Hi, I keep getting a line busy tone and haven't been able to get past that. Been trying for a while now. What do I do?
Original post by k1706
Hi, I keep getting a line busy tone and haven't been able to get past that. Been trying for a while now. What do I do?

Hi,

Keep trying, you should be entering a hold queue, alternatively, try using a different phone to call in from.

What course are you interested in?

Josh
Reply 18
Hi,

Keep trying, you should be entering a hold queue, alternatively, try using a different phone to call in from.

What course are you interested in?

Josh

Tried and still didn't work.

Business Computing

Thanks.
Original post by k1706
Tried and still didn't work.

Business Computing

Thanks.

Sorry to hear that,

Please keep trying, Business Computing & IT is clearing at BBB. You will get through to someone, please be patient and stay on the line.

Josh

Quick Reply

Latest