The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PlayerBB
University of Sunderland to study MPharm :h:

Awesome! Have a good time!
I'm a bit concerned that they have calculated my grade for History wrong. I did the Edexcel History course and got 345 marks overall, which they have put as an A. However for my Politics, also Edexcel, I got 341 marks which they have put as an A*. This is probably me just overthinking it but do you think it is worth querying this at my Sixth Form?
Original post by PQ
http://www.southampton.ac.uk/biosci/undergraduate/courses/master-of-neuroscience.page? is asking for BBB :ninjagirl: (and Soton often drop a grade for an A or above in EPQ anyway).

Thank you for sharing this! I thought they said they want AAB though 😞
Original post by Vannzzoo
I got ABC and my offer was ABB for biochem at warwick, I got the C in bio is it worth calling up

Have they rejected you on Track?

Original post by DDan123
Just phoned UCAS, and they've withdrawn me. Na I just didn't want to do that course, and looking forward to a gap year :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Awesome :smile: . Enjoy your Gap Year! :smile: . Are you going to be up to anything good? :smile:
ABC! I'm so so so so over the moon, not the best and I was so close to A*AB but I got into my first choice Bristol!!!!! Well done to everyone on here and I hope you all have fun at uni (whether it's firm, insurance or clearing) or have an amazing time doing whatever you decide to do from this point on!
WHATEVER HAPPENED/IS HAPPENING, BE PROUD OF YOURSELF :biggrin:
Original post by scavi2008
I had this last year for Durham as I wanted to take a gap year & reapply for a different course/uni. What I did was withdraw my UCAS application and student finance applications, then I phoned Durham to let them know that's what I had done.

HOWEVER. if you still want to do that course at that uni, but just to defer a year, it's definitely worth phoning them first to see if they could defer your place for next year's entry!

Good luck!

Just did this, thanks for your help :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
It depends on your school college, and if that as is still available as an A2.
Original post by vlb206
Awesome! Have a good time!

Thank you!!! Wbu ? Already in uni ?
Original post by Nirgilis
Was this AS or A2? :smile:

A2!! So I'm off to my firm university:biggrin:
So happy!! Got four As at AS. Completely stunned, I honestly thought I'd failed!
I hope everyone's happy with their results :biggrin:
Original post by sophiehaddad
ABC! I'm so so so so over the moon, not the best and I was so close to A*AB but I got into my first choice Bristol!!!!! Well done to everyone on here and I hope you all have fun at uni (whether it's firm, insurance or clearing) or have an amazing time doing whatever you decide to do from this point on!
WHATEVER HAPPENED/IS HAPPENING, BE PROUD OF YOURSELF :biggrin:

congratulations :smile:
Durham: "You'll find out by Wednesday at the latest."

Oh gee, thanks. Seems a tad unfair to keep us in suspense for so long.
Original post by CardiffKate
Sounds to me like you're going to a much happier, friendlier and better place then! Congratulations :smile:

Thanks so much! Big thanks to The Financier, PQ and claireestelle too (I don't know how to quote multiple people on here still :tongue:)

Generally, this has gone from a sub-par day to a good one. I'm very happy!
Original post by izzy_hill
A2!! So I'm off to my firm university:biggrin:

Congratulations! :awesome:
Original post by Mattematics
A*A*A*A

Stunned :woo:

PRSOM, though I can't remember repping you anyway.

Massive congrats 🎉
Original post by Lularose83
I considered it but I don't think I can face my teachers/ sixth form again! 😞

Try not to worry to much, I believe everything happens for a reason and you will still go onto greatness in life if you strive for it, it must just take you a little longer to get to the path you desire.

Your grades are very close to the next grade up, giving you the possibility of AAB+A* in EPQ if im correct, I personally would consider looking in clearing for something you like but dont make a rash decision, you seem very confused at the moment and you have plenty of time to make a rational and well thought through decision.

if you dont find anything you like at a university you like in clearing wait back for those remarks and then take a gap year and apply! if your interested still in healthcare why not look at courses related to medicine with slightly lower entry requirements such as pharmacology, neuroscience, psychology, midwifery, nursing, paramedical sciences.

I promise you all is not lost here! best of luck.
Original post by Lularose83
Thank you for sharing this! I thought they said they want AAB though 😞

The clearing page says BBB http://www.southampton.ac.uk/courses/clearing/course-vacancies.page admittedly they say a B in chem but if you tell them about your remarks they're likely to be interested especially with your EPQ as well.
Original post by Nirgilis
Awesome :smile: . Enjoy your Gap Year! :smile: . Are you going to be up to anything good? :smile:

Haha not really, guess I got lots of plans to make :biggrin: I'm working part time atm, hopefully can find full time work then save up for travelling :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PlayerBB
Thank you!!! Wbu ? Already in uni ?

Yeah going into my final year at Exeter, doing Biochemistry :smile:
Got into Bath A*AA for L101 Econ!

Quick Reply

Latest