The Student Room Group

A-level results completely diffrent than what I got on mocks and practice papers.

As the title says, my results are complete worlds away from what I should have gotten. For example I got a B if I recall correctly on my mock exam for unit 4 chemistry, and apparantly I got a U on the same unit on my final exam. This isn't the only case of this either, I got A grades on all my past papers for biology and physics but I apparantly got a C and a E on those two. Is it possible they marked my paper incorrectly or there was a mistake of some kind? Is there anyone I can see about this?
Original post by Moomoon
As the title says, my results are complete worlds away from what I should have gotten. For example I got a B if I recall correctly on my mock exam for unit 4 chemistry, and apparantly I got a U on the same unit on my final exam. This isn't the only case of this either, I got A grades on all my past papers for biology and physics but I apparantly got a C and a E on those two. Is it possible they marked my paper incorrectly or there was a mistake of some kind? Is there anyone I can see about this?

How did you feel the real exam went?
What did you get overall
Did you get into uni?
Original post by Moomoon

Speak to your teachers at school. They might be able to get the exam scripts back to go through and see if there was anything wrong with your exam technique :h:
Reply 3
Original post by LPauling
How did you feel the real exam went?
What did you get overall
Did you get into uni?

I felt biology went amazing, answered every question and did great on the essay. Chemistry also went really well. I felt I messed up on physics a bit though, but not bad enough to get a D.

I got a C in bio, D in physics and E in chemistry.
Original post by Moomoon
I felt biology went amazing, answered every question and did great on the essay. Chemistry also went really well. I felt I messed up on physics a bit though, but not bad enough to get a D.

Maybe worth a remark then
Original post by Moomoon

There has to be a genuine error and the chances of that are very small. Review it with your teacher. Its simply £ v chance of benefit.

You can also get the paper returned. That can give you peace of mind.

You are probably in shock at the moment, when it sinks in, then talk to your teacher and decide if you really want to remark or simply resit to do yourself justice.

Quick Reply

Latest