The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

I got ABC and my offer was ABB for biochem at warwick, I got the C in bio is it worth calling up
Did anyone else get their photography grade messed up ? (OCR)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Help!

A little confused by my results-

I got 349 UMS in my Latin A level (OCR), and I'm unsure if this is an A or an A*.

My results sheet says two things:

- Over 340 in a four unit exam is an A*

- To get an A*, you need at least 320 AND 90% in both A2 units (which I didn't get)

Does anyone know what the grade boundary is for an A* for Latin OCR?

Thanks and well done to everyone!! xx
Original post by elen90
Doesn't matter, I just checked track and it updated to unsuccessful :frown:

You'll be okay. Did you get into your insurance?

Original post by emiloujess
I got BBB which I'm so pleased with :biggrin:

But Aberystwyth accepted me even though I asked them a week ago to release me. I've phoned them and they said they'll do it ASAP. Bournemouth can't do anything until they do. I'm so upset right now literally crying. UCAS isn't going to update until 12 and all the places might be gone :frown: So even though I have decent grades I'm stuck :frown:

Call and pester now. Push it and make sure you get the name of whoever you talk to. You have plenty of time. Breathe.
Original post by daisy_wallis
I'm a bit concerned that they have calculated my grade for History wrong. I did the Edexcel History course and got 345 marks overall, which they have put as an A. However for my Politics, also Edexcel, I got 341 marks which they have put as an A*. This is probably me just overthinking it but do you think it is worth querying this at my Sixth Form?

First, fantastic results. Very well done!

Could it be a difference in grade boundaries between the two subjects? Have a look here.

If you're still concerned, there is no harm in checking with your sixth form. You can put your mind at rest and start the celebrations!
Original post by Nirgilis
Have they rejected you on Track?

Awesome :smile: . Enjoy your Gap Year! :smile: . Are you going to be up to anything good? :smile:

Yeah they have
Reply 8626
Original post by PQ
Oh no :frown:

It's worth asking if they'll accept any substitutes for GCSE (like these tests https://www.cardiffmet.ac.uk/study/adviceforapplicants/Pages/Equivalency-Testing.aspx - available in August with almost instant marking).

Thanks PQ,

But it looks like Equivalency Testing only offers Maths and English? I've already got Maths and English GCSEs and got B & C, maybe because I did BTEC equivalent to GCSEs for the rest (though got Distinctions).
Thanks to you and the others for the cheery words.
I'm actually in a bit of a confusing situation right now.

I just got that place at Westminster (through adjustment), but also phoned up Goldsmiths... and somehow got a place there too! Except the guy I was with messed up, and right at the end I learned he'd done this entire thing through Clearing. He was eager to finish up (I was in a special situation, and was his first ever call), so he ended before I could explain that I wanted it through adjustment.

So, I have two questions: I'm already registered for adjustment, can i then cancel that and my current offer to go through Clearing to accept Goldsmiths? Second question: If yes, should I?Thanks a lot!
So Nottingham gave me a lower offer of AAA to study law, actually ended up getting AAC and they still let me in!:smile:
Original post by Vannzzoo
I got ABC and my offer was ABB for biochem at warwick, I got the C in bio is it worth calling up

If they've rejected then nope. They'll have considered everything and done what they can already.
Original post by emiloujess
I got BBB which I'm so pleased with :biggrin:

But Aberystwyth accepted me even though I asked them a week ago to release me. I've phoned them and they said they'll do it ASAP. Bournemouth can't do anything until they do. I'm so upset right now literally crying. UCAS isn't going to update until 12 and all the places might be gone :frown: So even though I have decent grades I'm stuck :frown:

Wow well done!

Don't worry - places wont be gone.

NOONE can officially apply through clearing until 3pm...and even so BU are usually advertising places for a couple of weeks after results day.

Do you still have the email address of the person your mum spoke to? Email them to let them know you're arranging to get released into clearing and will be applying ASAP and ask if there's anything they can do to reassure you or save a place. Tell them about visiting the other week and having accommodation sorted.
I did international advanced level and i got 2A* 1A in maths, furthermaths and chemistry. So will i be able to apply for Cambridge uni for chemical engineering
Original post by CJaneH
So Nottingham gave me a lower offer of AAA to study law, actually ended up getting AAC and they still let me in!:smile:

Congrats! Nottingham is amaaaaazing. You'll love it there.
Original post by daisy_wallis
I'm a bit concerned that they have calculated my grade for History wrong. I did the Edexcel History course and got 345 marks overall, which they have put as an A. However for my Politics, also Edexcel, I got 341 marks which they have put as an A*. This is probably me just overthinking it but do you think it is worth querying this at my Sixth Form?

With most A2 subjects to achieve an A* you have to average 90% in your A2 units. So it sounds like you had a high AS total but didn't quite achieve 90% average in your A2 units, so you've got a higher UMS but won't have averaged 90%.
Original post by vlb206
Yeah going into my final year at Exeter, doing Biochemistry :smile:

Nice!! Good luck :smile:
Original post by Vannzzoo

If they've rejected you, then it's unlikely to make a difference :sadnod:

Original post by historyisbuff
Help!

A little confused by my results-

I got 349 UMS in my Latin A level (OCR), and I'm unsure if this is an A or an A*.

My results sheet says two things:

- Over 340 in a four unit exam is an A*

- To get an A*, you need at least 320 AND 90% in both A2 units (which I didn't get)

Does anyone know what the grade boundary is for an A* for Latin OCR?

Thanks and well done to everyone!! xx

If you didn't make the requirements for the 90% in both A2 units, you will get an A and not an A*

Original post by tanyapotter
hELP I MET AND EXCEEDED MY OFFER AND ACCIDENTALLY CLICKED ADJUSTMENT HAVE I LOST MY OFFER WHAT DO I DO I CANT BACKTRACK

It's okay :tongue: . If you do nothing, it will revert back :tongue:
Original post by ImTooSmart
Got into Cambridge for Maths! First in my school to ever go to Cambridge and Highest ever results in 5 subjects, topped off with some insane STEP results :smile:

SSS?
I just got AS results, AAAB in Chemistry, Maths, Physics, B in politics

No option for this on the poll?
Original post by CJaneH

Well done! :smile:
I dont know my grades yet, on my way to get them, but in UCAS track my firm choice offered me Foundation year, something that I will not do. What shall I do? Once i get my results i will be emailing them and calling them.

Quick Reply

Latest