The Student Room Group

Anti-Results Day: don't give a damn about Results? Come in here...

Today is the day that A-level students around the country are going absolutely bonkers for their results. But what about those of us that aren't getting any results? Results Day is just any old Thursday!

So if you're NOT an A-Level student and you don't give a damn about Results then this is your haven!

Check out our threads below that are just for YOU :biggrin:

TSR FEED

11.54 - Lunch time is coming...

I'm not sure about anyone else, but 12 does not seem like the right time for 'lunchtime' when I was younger it was, but now its more like 1-2!

In other news, the quiz for the weekly news quiz is in production and will be in the usual place tomorrow - News and Current affairs!

The next feed will be posted on a different page!

11.13 - Rep, rep everywhere!

If you haven't seen it already then be sure to visit the Tickle Pickle thread for a chance to win 100 rep! You could jump from a +4 to a +5 rep gem (don't quote me on that)

Just sayin', I've already achieved a 10 out of 10 rating for my joke :colone:

10.57 - I'll b'edamned if it aint edam

What am I talking about? Well this right here is a bad cheese joke by @CheeseIsVeg. Make sure you go visit the thread and vote in the poll :biggrin: Personally, mozarella on spaghetti bolognese is just..

10.32 - PugDevil AMA EXTRAVAGANZA

The time has come. Go for it - I shall try and answer as much as I can.

Also apologies for the infrequent updates - the time is flying by :frown:

10.08 - Fail.

So far this comment by @NutellaLuv sums up how this thread is going - but I am determined to keep this going :colone: Let's talk about breakfast. Today I had a lot of bacon and sausages so I resemble something like this:

Especially considering the sheer amount of hills in Brighton... they almost killed me at 7.20 this morning. What did you have for breakfast?

9:35 - If you were an inanimate object what would you be?

Throughout the day I will be putting answers in here to give you your 5 minutes of fame - the ones that I find the funniest.

I think I would be a cactus. Not sure why, but hey!

9:30 - Hello, bonjour, hola. Welcome.

If you haven't already figured out... it's results day today! Our sneaky ST's have (or they should be in the process of) creating threads that are just for you result-less people.

Saying something weird and funny or caring and nice is a sure way to appear on the feed.

But for now...

(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2
Reserved
Reply 3
BUMP
fail.
Reply 5
Original post by NutellaLuv
fail.

It's early days - give it a chance!
Literally everyone cares about results day lol!
Original post by PugDevil
BUMP

Go away... :hand:
Ok ok ok ok ok… let me create some… threads… :colone:

Also, PD you're missing lots of anti-results day threads in your OP, I'll just have to edit it won't I?! :shock: Gotta throw them the links or how on earth are they going to know where they are? :zomg:

(To clarify though… I give lots of damns)
(edited 7 years ago)
Idk I kinda miss the rush of adrenaline that comes on results day
Reply 10
Original post by Captain Jack
Literally everyone cares about results day lol!

You're meant to be on my side!

Original post by iEthan
Ok ok ok ok ok… let me create some… threads… :colone:

Also, PD you're missing lots of anti-results day threads in your OP, I'll just have to edit it won't I?! :shock: Gotta throw them the links or how on earth are they going to know where they are? :zomg:

(To clarify though… I give lots of damns)

Yes please - I'm going to need your help :lol:

(Too much to do, not enough time :redface:)

Original post by Pinkberry_y
Idk I kinda miss the rush of adrenaline that comes on results day

I get what you mean - the relief was a fantastic feeling!
Original post by PugDevil

Yes please - I'm going to need your help :lol:

(Too much to do, not enough time :redface:)

Scroll up :u:
I won't care about another results day until the one in 16 years time :tongue:
Reply 13
Original post by iEthan
Scroll up :u:

Thank you so much!!! :lol: I think we were editing at the same time because when I updated it went all slow, but again thank you Ethan!! :h:
Lol... ****ing hate results day. Like, people get so nervous about it and stuff, but you can't change what happening in June, so no point saying good luck, because it really won't change anything. People who get really worried about getting in to uni or not annoy me, because uni isn't the bee all and end all... And then those who get really good results always post about how disappointed they are that they only got 2A*s not 3A*s, and end up making those who got 3Us feel absolutely **** about themselves.
Wait!!! You stole my standard AMA question! :frown: Monster!

I've had nothing for breakfast though… :redface:
Reply 16
Original post by mobbsy91
Lol... ****ing hate results day. Like, people get so nervous about it and stuff, but you can't change what happening in June, so no point saying good luck, because it really won't change anything. People who get really worried about getting in to uni or not annoy me, because uni isn't the bee all and end all... And then those who get really good results always post about how disappointed they are that they only got 2A*s not 3A*s, and end up making those who got 3Us feel absolutely **** about themselves.

Yeah I get what you mean - that is the unfortunate part of results day! I think it is such a big build up that it creates a lot of anxiety! But anyway, lets move away from Results Day :wink:

How's your day been so far?
So is this the haven from the results day madness or are the other threads the havens? I'm confused, as usual :lol:

Either way, I had a cup of Ovaltine for breakfast (if you count that) :tongue:
Reply 18
Original post by iEthan
Wait!!! You stole my standard AMA question! :frown: Monster!

I've had nothing for breakfast though… :redface:

Eat :tongue: I normally have Cheerios but as I'm a poor student, I cannot justify spending £3 on Cheerios :colone:
Reply 19
Original post by Leviathan1741
So is this the haven from the results day madness or are the other threads the havens? I'm confused, as usual :lol:

Either way, I had a cup of Ovaltine for breakfast (if you count that) :tongue:

This is hub of activity :colone: and today I am your DJ

This GIF has no relevance, I just saw it and it made me laugh :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest