The Student Room Group

Can I use clearing if I haven't applied to UCAS?

I haven't applied to ucas this year and have just received my A2 results. Is it possible for me to go through clearing still?
Reply 1
Original post by rolla01
I haven't applied to ucas this year and have just received my A2 results. Is it possible for me to go through clearing still?
Yes but you will have to complete a UCAS application and pay the fee to be able to get a Clearing number.

The only alternative, if the uni you approach agrees to use this process, is the Record of Prior Acceptance. If you have a particular uni and course in mind, you could try ringing them and asking them whether they would consider accepting you via this route.
Original post by rolla01

Hi,
Here is a link which will help you through signing up for UCAS https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/apply-and-track/results/no-offers-use-clearing give out hotline a ring
0800 0483 334 if you are interested in our uni and someone will be happy to help you.

Emily
Student ambassador
Original post by rolla01

Hi there,

You can still ring up universities and they can give you offers. All you would need to do is create a UCAS profile and the University of your choice will match this up.

Our clearing team can talk you through the process and can give you advice about the courses we still have available.

All you need to do is ring 03330 432 414 or if you would prefer to chat online you can use our Live Chat system.

It is not too late for you to apply for university and enrol for September, just stay calm and find a course that is right for you.

Jack
University of Gloucestershire
Be aware that you will need to get a reference attached to your application and that is going to be difficult at this very moment, when schools are on holiday and exams officers are very busy. You will need to complete a full application form.
Hello!

You can visit our website to see all the courses which still have spaces on at the University of Leicester:
www.le.ac.uk/clearing2016

If there's something there that you like, give our callers a ring on 0116 373 6000 and they'll be able to talk you through the application process.

Good luck!

Amy
University of Leicester
Reply 6
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
Be aware that you will need to get a reference attached to your application and that is going to be difficult at this very moment, when schools are on holiday and exams officers are very busy. You will need to complete a full application form.

That is what I was afraid of. This is more or less not possible as my form tutor is on maternity leave...

Should I just leave it and apply for next year?
Original post by rolla01
That is what I was afraid of. This is more or less not possible as my form tutor is on maternity leave...

I'd say you will make a much better job of choosing the right course by applying next year than by doing it in a rush today.
Reply 8
Original post by Carnationlilyrose

Original post by rolla01

Unis can say they don't require a reference at this stage, but you will need to check. However, I agree with CLR that you are likely to get a much better outcome if you apply for next year.
Original post by Minerva
Unis can say they don't require a reference at this stage, but you will need to check. However, I agree with CLR that you are likely to get a much better outcome if you apply for next year.

:top:
If you need some advice Our #Clearing lines are now open. Call us on +44(0)1895 272 273 and let us make you an offer! #ResultsDay #goingtobrunel
Reply 11
Alright. Thank you for your replies, they put my mind at ease for now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending