The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by korrin
Where do we find the numbers to ring unis?

They'll be on the universities websites.

Original post by LillyB14
I got ABC last year, was predicted ABB and got A*AA!!!! So happy! Thought I was going to fail history entirely !

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations :smile:
Original post by ParisInc.
So shocked flopped english which i killed myself over for a year and got a c in the exam but full marks on my coursework brought it up to an A. A* in economics which i put 0 effort and crammed the night before and got 100ums in econ 3 which i despissssssed. I'm happy I've got my A*Aa for lse though so relieved !

Well done! :biggrin:
Original post by ParisInc.
So shocked flopped english which i killed myself over for a year and got a c in the exam but full marks on my coursework brought it up to an A. A* in economics which i put 0 effort and crammed the night before and got 100ums in econ 3 which i despissssssed. I'm happy I've got my A*Aa for lse though so relieved !

Well done to you!! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lnux
Thanks PQ..

Could it be because I took my GCSEs and BTEC from separate institution?

I've been passed around 2-3 times on the phone earlier, so I think I've spoken to somewhat senior admission??..

I don't know If i'd have the courage to do that again.. I feel kinda discouraged to speak to anyone now, I can't even compose myself as to what to say and how I am going to say it. It'd be like rubbing a salt to a wound.. It's devastating to get rejected over and over again,

PM me the university details

I'll give you the contact details of someone who should know what they're talking about to email or phone to ask for them to review the rejection.
Original post by CardiffKate
Awesome! I think you're going to have a great time there.

Thank you
Original post by Nirgilis
Your firm choice has given you an unconditional offer, so they have accepted you, but you don't necessarily need to meet your offer in order to get that. So the only way to find out, unfortunately, is through getting your results. Sorry :tongue:

Thank you so much for your help
I ended up seeing that I got A*A*BB
My firm offer was for AAA but they gave me an unconditional offer so it automatically meant that I was rejected by my insurance
Original post by izzy_hill
Psychology!! I rang up to try and change it to Law with Criminology but the course is full :frown: still, i'm happy to have a place and still look forward to doing Psych. What about you??

hehe, that's the city's nickname!! If you're from Birmingham then you're known as a Brummy :biggrin:

Ah, that sucks. I'm doing Physics and Astrophysics. Have you got an accommodation offer yet?
It's gonna take me a while to get used to the slang I think :tongue:

Original post by knifeprincess
You have to contact them - at least that's what I did. It's safe to assume that it will take a couple of weeks as they will be producing a large volume of CAS statements.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Couple of weeks? :redface: That's terrifying. Visas take ages here as it is.
Did you call them up or email?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by claireestelle
There's still plenty of options with those grades.

Can u name a few plz?
Its my AS result
Original post by bdotjelly
Thank you so much for your help
I ended up seeing that I got A*A*BB
My firm offer was for AAA but they gave me an unconditional offer so it automatically meant that I was rejected by my insurance

Well done :smile: . Are you happy? :smile:
All that worrying for nothing - I got A*AB and got into my firm (Uni of Manchester)
Hope everyone else has done well!
Original post by PQ
Ahhh

In that case you might find that you've been accepted onto Westminster as your new UF through adjustment when track next updates.

That's ok - like I say keep looking, watch track. If you end up UF with westminster but want to go elsewhere then call up westminster again and explain that you misunderstood and have changed your mind. They'll either be able to put you back into adjustment (can be tricky) or put you straight into clearing.

In reality both routes are pretty interchangable....it's just a way to go to a different university. As long as you make it clear what you want to happen let the universities worry about the practicalities of getting it done.

Okay, great, thanks a lot.

If you didn't make the requirements for the 90% in both A2 units, you will get an A and not an A*

Thank you! x
You would need to chat with your teachers about that. They may rather you just took the A2 exams next year and hope you made the marks up then :yep:

Okie thanks
[QUOTE=iMacJack;67022030]ImageUploadedByStudent Room1471512236.608015.jpg over the moon, physics
is linear and IT is only coursework!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've got exactly the same looking slip as yours but what does the points bit mean? Is that UMS or actual results?
Original post by historyisbuff
Thank you! x

Original post by Bloom <3
Okie thanks

You are both more than welcome :smile: . Feel free to contact me about anything at any point :smile:
when u thought the edexcel history exam was an absolute train wreck and u had prepared urself for death but u end up getting 64/70

(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 8696
Original post by PQ
PM me the university details

I'll give you the contact details of someone who should know what they're talking about to email or phone to ask for them to review the rejection.

Thank you PQ you have been very helpful to me so far..

What details do you need aside from which uni I am applying to? Do you need my details i.e. UCAS Personal ID etc?
got into my firm and started crying bc i thought they'd made a mistake thanks Lancaster
5A*'s and an A at A2. S 1 S in STEP I, II & III respectively. Someone on TSR can you beat that legitimately?
Original post by mgill17
got into my firm and started crying bc i thought they'd made a mistake thanks Lancaster

Congratulations! :awesome: . Are you looking forward to it? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest