The Student Room Group

A Level Results: Post Your Results (AS)

Scroll to see replies

Yay
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by heHlpH
Are you going to remark? I lost the A by 1 UMS and I think I'm going to try remarking.

I remember not doing well on those exams. So I don't know.
Original post by KingYusHalo
Yo, what'd you get for maths UMS
I also got really low(264/300) in maths
But overall 4As

my maths was 297/300
it if FM that pulled me down 248/300
I am going to request for the script, something isn't right
I only had AS exams in maths and further maths this year:smile:

Maths- A
C1- 100 UMS
C2- 87 UMS
D1- 80 UMS

Further Maths- A
S1- 97 UMS
S2- 70 UMS
FP1- 80 UMS

I'm quite happy with my results, I would have liked to get 90+ UMS in more of the exams but I can't really complain with 2 A's!:smile:

I want to study mathematics, hopefully at Oxford but looking at my grades I think Nottingham is more likely to make me an offer :smile:
Original post by Electrify
Really? I don't think I can get AAA though. I think I'll be stuck with that B. I am gonna cry.

If you got a B, most likely you'll be predicted one grade up to an A. It happens at schools all the time. If not, then don't worry just speak to your subject teacher and they'll change it subsequently.
Government & Politics - A
Philosophy & Ethics - A
English Literature - B
Maths - B

I'm very happy with my AS results! I thought I'd get a C in maths so that was nice, but the B in English was not the A I'd predicted myself. Is AABB good enough for Oxbridge? I've heard at least AAA was needed to have a competitive application.
Reply 126
Original post by black1blade
A in maths and I got 82 ums on core 1, 100 on core 2 and 91 on s1. Wondering how many marks exactly I needed to get those ums but whatever.

that would be 62 raw on c1, 75 on c1 and 64 on s1.
Original post by Nowen
that would be 62 raw on c1, 75 on c1 and 64 on s1.

Wait 75/72?
Reply 128
Original post by black1blade
Wait 75/72?

damn sorry thought it was edexcel
Reply 129
Original post by Otaku98
Government & Politics - A
Philosophy & Ethics - A
English Literature - B
Maths - B

I'm very happy with my AS results! I thought I'd get a C in maths so that was nice, but the B in English was not the A I'd predicted myself. Is AABB good enough for Oxbridge? I've heard at least AAA was needed to have a competitive application.

I'd think so, especially if your predicted grades are high. It also might be advantageous if you got high As in the subject you want to study.
Original post by heHlpH
Are you going to remark? I lost the A by 1 UMS and I think I'm going to try remarking.

I lost the A by 1 UMS too but I'm considering resitting instead.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 131
Original post by nomophobia
I lost the A by 1 UMS too but I'm considering resitting instead.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why not do both? As you AS grade has to be submitted to UCAS in october and personally it looks better if you get that remark and get an A? obviously bare in mind it isn't guaranteed
Not bad, my predictions were spot on! BCD in geog, German, and bio but it's enough to apply for genetics :h: I'll get that up to AAC next year BRING IT ON
GUYS GUYS GUYS what does the points mean on the results because i think my grade is wrong.
Did you have a grade at the top for further maths because I did fp1, d1 and s2 but it just tells me the grade for each module?
Oh and congrats 😃

=AGFilsell;67021456]I only had AS exams in maths and further maths this year:smile:

Maths- A
C1- 100 UMS
C2- 87 UMS
D1- 80 UMS

Further Maths- A
S1- 97 UMS
S2- 70 UMS
FP1- 80 UMS

I'm quite happy with my results, I would have liked to get 90+ UMS in more of the exams but I can't really complain with 2 A's!:smile:

I want to study mathematics, hopefully at Oxford but looking at my grades I think Nottingham is more likely to make me an offer :smile:
Reply 135
Me too !

Im so grateful, I was expecting a C in physics

Biology- A
Chemistry- A
English language and literature - A
Physics - A

Is that good enough for Oxbridge ? Or will they see the raw marks as well
AS Maths - Predicted B/ Achieved A
Comment: So relieved and happy!
Future Ambitions: Study Biochemistry :smile:
I got 120 points in aqa chemistry 7404 and a B how do I work out how far away from an a I was because the grade boundaries on aqa don't seem to be in points?
Reply 138
I'm so grateful.
I thought I'd get a C in physics

Physics - A
Chemistry - A
Biology - A
English language and literature - A

Is this good enough to apply to Oxbridge? And will unis see raw marks as well ?
English Lit = A :smile:
I only took one AS alongside my main course, and honestly would have been pleasantly surprised with a C, so I'm over the moon!

Quick Reply

Latest