The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mgill17
got into my firm and started crying bc i thought they'd made a mistake thanks Lancaster

i burst into tears when i saw my firm accepted me too haha! congratulations x
Original post by Andrew Dainty
Devastated by my AS results :'(

:console: . Want to talk about it?

Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
My grades mean I won't need to be a stripper!

Congratulations..? :tongue: . What's your newfound ambition now that that one's off the table? :tongue:

Original post by RDKGames
Thank you! Nah not yet, gotta book my accommodation first before people take it all up!

There're plenty of worst things to be doing on Results Day! :tongue:
Original post by Eleonore
I got an insurance offer, but I changed my mind, I went through clearing and called another uni and they accepted me but I found out that I should have informed my insurance first. Now I don't know what to do :confused:

If your Insurance is saying Unconditional, you will need to call them and ask them to 'release' you into Clearing.

Original post by Conal551
B-history, C-english lit and an E-maths, my course needs BBC and my track hasnt updated atall, is there a chance i may get accepted still :frown:

Call them up now :yep:
Original post by KythingToWrite
Ah, that sucks. I'm doing Physics and Astrophysics. Have you got an accommodation offer yet?
It's gonna take me a while to get used to the slang I think :tongue:

amazing! and no i haven't yet, hopefully it'll come through soon, what about you?

i bet it is, i'm from the south east and even i'll probably have to get used to it haha
Original post by Andrew Dainty
Devastated by my AS results :'(

Sorry to hear that :frown: Are resits an option?

Original post by Conal551
B-history, C-english lit and an E-maths, my course needs BBC and my track hasnt updated atall, is there a chance i may get accepted still :frown:

If your track hasn't updated and you have your grades then phone them up. You may still be under consideration, however it really depends on how lenient they want to be. Best of luck
Got a C in my English exam which I don't understand
And my coursework must have gotten pulled down to a B which means I got a B overall for English
Those OCR grade boundaries were the devil
I'm so annoyed
Did anyone else face the same thing with OCR?
Original post by Nirgilis

Congratulations..? :tongue: . What's your newfound ambition now that that one's off the table? :tongue:

Thank you :smile:

I'm going to be predicted fairly average but I'm going to email some unis and ask them on whether I could apply for a course that wants ABB with my BBB predictions.
Original post by Reda2
I have to contact queen mary before 3 ??

Are QMUL your firm?

If you don't want to accept the foundation year from your firm call UCAS (not your firm).

Your application will then pass on to your insurance (if that offer is unconditional or conditional still) or to clearing (if your insurance choice shows as unsuccessful).

You can do this yourself on Track at 3pm...or you can do it before then by phoning UCAS.
Original post by RDKGames
I got A*A*B holy sh*t much better than I expected! (A* Maths, B Further Maths, A* Business)

Well done. Did you get into your firm?
Original post by ImTooSmart
5A*'s and an A at A2. S 1 S in STEP I, II & III respectively. Someone on TSR can you beat that legitimately?

kk
Okay, freaking out now. My backup was unconditional no matter what, and I got Bournemouth to release me so I could be accepted there, but now it says declined and I can't get hold of the university! Ahhh!
If your Insurance is saying Unconditional, you will need to call them and ask them to 'release' you into Clearing.

Thanks! trying to calling them but line busy
Got my 4 A*s with grade 1 in STEP I and distinction in AEA. So happy :smile:
Well done :smile: . Are you happy? :smile:

Yeah I'm really happy about the A*s but not so much for English because my coursework grade is saying B but it was really high
Last year my school messed up our coursework and my marks went down like 10 marks
I'm pissed off because I think it's happened again
Hi, all! I got into my first choice with Edge Hill. (Yes, I know it isn't the best University considering all of you lot are smashing it with A*s!!) However, for my ability it was the best place for me. The campus is amazing! Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had the mark scheme for HIS3B (AQA). My exam mark was extremely lower than expected and my teachers were shocked too. They expect that one of the examiners missed a page out. So they said that I should go for a priority mark. Anyway, before I spend £50 odd, It would be good to see the mark scheme to know if I ****ed up or not ! Cheers

I hope everyone got what they wanted and deserve! :biggrin:
Well, at least my grades are good enough that I won't get disowned!
On an unrelated note, how good is Integrated Engineering at Cardiff University?
Original post by bdotjelly
Got a C in my English exam which I don't understand
And my coursework must have gotten pulled down to a B which means I got a B overall for English
Those OCR grade boundaries were the devil
I'm so annoyed
Did anyone else face the same thing with OCR?

Have you considered getting a re-mark of your paper?

Call them up now :yep:

It just says all call administrators are busy please call back later and hangs up :frown:
I got AAB!

The B is in AS politics Edexcel, it was ONE MARK OFF AN A! Is it worth the remark?

PLEASE HELP

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was predicted BCC and managed to get AAB! I'm ecstatic!! However, I only needed to get CCC for my firm university choice and now I don't know what to do :frown: I'm going travelling in two hours to make it more stressful

Quick Reply

Latest