The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

[QUOTE="Eleonore;67022992"]
Original post by Nirgilis
If your Insurance is saying Unconditional, you will need to call them and ask them to 'release' you into Clearing.

Thanks! trying to calling them but line busy

Original post by Conal551
It just says all call administrators are busy please call back later and hangs up :frown:

Both of you keep trying. When it hangs up, try again!

Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Thank you I'm going to be predicted fairly average but I'm going to email some unis and ask them on whether I could apply for a course that wants ABB with my BBB predictions.

Good luck! :smile:
I got into Oxford A*A*AA for law AMA
Original post by Reda2
My firm choice IS actually in clearing..?

Just to clarify, you applied to your chosen course entering in Year 1 and this morning, based on your results, your firmed university has accepted you on the foundation year without discussing it with you?

Best bet is to ring up and find out why they have done that. If you do choose to change course/university, the option to add a Clearing choice will not show on UCAS until 3pm today, so don't stress. Take the time to think about your decision and call around.

If your firm university have offered you a place on their foundation course, it is likely your results will allow you to go through Clearing and find a different university that will take you on as a Year 1 student.
I survived!! I got A* B D and A* Extended Project :smile: (I'm a little annoyed about the B because I was on for A* but still quite proud of myself because I got a D when I was on for a U in that one) Got a place at Liverpool for Classical Studies and Egyptology :smile:
Original post by Wired_1800
Well done. Did you get into your firm?

Indeed I did! ^_^
Got into Loughborough which required AAA for Mathematics. :h:
Original post by Louise12307
I got AAB!

The B is in AS politics Edexcel, it was ONE MARK OFF AN A! Is it worth the remark?

PLEASE HELP

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes definitely!
Turns out i missed my offer but imperial still accepted me so now I can die in peace. 😭😭😄😄

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RDKGames
Indeed I did! ^_^
Got into Loughborough which required AAA for Mathematics. :h:

Nice. Have a good time at Uni then.
I got AAB!

The B is in AS politics Edexcel, it was ONE MARK OFF AN A! Is it worth the remark?

PLEASE HELP

Posted from TSR Mobile

If it's AS, then yes. If it's A2 and you've met your offer, then no. If you've missed your offer, then yes.

Original post by jxnnywilsxn
I was predicted BCC and managed to get AAB! I'm ecstatic!! However, I only needed to get CCC for my firm university choice and now I don't know what to do :frown: I'm going travelling in two hours to make it more stressful

Yayyy! :biggrin:

Have you considered adjustment? :smile:
Original post by Reaver Daniels
Got an A in my English AS. If I get a remark will I keep the highest mark or will I get the lower one if it goes down?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why would you remark? A is the highest grade you can get at AS. And if the grade goes down you have to keep the low grade.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Seahorse1209
I got into Oxford A*A*AA for law AMA

Original post by OwlMagic153
I survived!! I got A* B D and A* Extended Project :smile: (I'm a little annoyed about the B because I was on for A* but still quite proud of myself because I got a D when I was on for a U in that one) Got a place at Liverpool for Classical Studies and Egyptology :smile:

Original post by victoria98
Turns out i missed my offer but imperial still accepted me so now I can die in peace. 😭😭😄😄

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations everyone! :biggrin:
Original post by Nirgilis
:console: . Want to talk about it?

Well it may not seem bad to some people, but i got BBCD. I was just expecting more from myself and i worked so hard to get them. That really hurts :frown:
Original post by cookiemonster15
Yes definitely!

But what if it went down a grade omg

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got AAB!

PLEASE HELP

Posted from TSR Mobile

That is very close. It may be worth a remark if you think it could affect you getting into your chosen university when that time comes around (if that is the path you're looking at).
Absolutely excellent grades though, congratulations!
Original post by PQ
Are QMUL your firm?

If you don't want to accept the foundation year from your firm call UCAS (not your firm).

Your application will then pass on to your insurance (if that offer is unconditional or conditional still) or to clearing (if your insurance choice shows as unsuccessful).

You can do this yourself on Track at 3pm...or you can do it before then by phoning UCAS.

Yes firm is qmul, and my insurance is now unconditional, and the offer from qmul. Can you please explain what happens before 3? Is that a deadline for something or what? I need to accept my qmul offer before that only?
Original post by izzy_hill
amazing! and no i haven't yet, hopefully it'll come through soon, what about you?

i bet it is, i'm from the south east and even i'll probably have to get used to it haha

Just got mine, I'm in Aitken. I got a meal plan thankfully, I suck at cooking :tongue:

Oh well, I'm actually excited now... Time to start packing! :biggrin:
So happy with A*A*A, especially an A* in maths. In year 12, I got an E in the mock and was placed on intervention - absolutely mad!

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you're at the top of a B grade there is no chance you would drop below a B after a remark. You could only benefit.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I assure you, if it's just one mark off, you won't go down a whole grade!
Original post by Andrew Dainty
Well it may not seem bad to some people, but i got BBCD. I was just expecting more from myself and i worked so hard to get them. That really hurts :frown:

Can you speak to your teachers to see what they think?

Original post by ryanroks1
So happy with A*A*A, especially an A* in maths. In year 12, I got an E in the mock and was placed on intervention - absolutely mad!

Well done! :biggrin: . Inspirational stuff :yep: .

Quick Reply

Latest