The Student Room Group

Can't get through to Nottingham clearing.

I've been trying for almost an hour and it isn't even ringing...
What should I do?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Economistician
I've been trying for almost an hour and it isn't even ringing...
What should I do?

They're just saying try again later
https://twitter.com/UniofNottingham/status/766198251792044032

Are you calling for clearing vacancies or are you an offer holder waiting for a decision?>
Im calling to try and get a place in clearing.

Original post by PQ
They're just saying try again later
https://twitter.com/UniofNottingham/status/766198251792044032

Are you calling for clearing vacancies or are you an offer holder waiting for a decision?>

Thanks for the information
Im calling to try and get a place in clearing.

Thanks for the information

It looks like they're a bit overwhelmed at the moment - they don't seem to have an online form or email address.

You might be able to get an answer about an alternative contact method via twitter or similar (maybe try their department twitter account for the subject you're interested in: https://twitter.com/UniofNottingham/lists/uon-schools-depts )
Hey guys,

Please don’t give up!

Our lines are very busy as you can imagine so do keep trying if you can’t get through the first time.

Just to confirm, our Clearing hotline number is 0115 748 6000.

Thanks

Nikita
Original post by uniofnottingham
Hey guys,

Please don’t give up!

Our lines are very busy as you can imagine so do keep trying if you can’t get through the first time.

Thanks

Nikita

I would suggest that an apology is in order for your university's incompetence in not having enough a) phone lines, b) people to staff them, or c) both.
Hey guys,

Please don’t give up!

Thanks

Nikita

I have called maybe 25 times. And no answer. I know it's unprofessional and unlikely you can say yes. But can we sort something out over TSR?
Original post by PQ
It looks like they're a bit overwhelmed at the moment - they don't seem to have an online form or email address.

You might be able to get an answer about an alternative contact method via twitter or similar (maybe try their department twitter account for the subject you're interested in: https://twitter.com/UniofNottingham/lists/uon-schools-depts )

Thanks again, but i don't have Twitter. I have tried 3 different Nottingham Uni numbers, each many times.
Thanks again, but i don't have Twitter. I have tried 3 different Nottingham Uni numbers, each many times.

It will likely ease off - keep an eye on their website and social media (last year Bristol's phone lines broke completely and they directed everyone through email instead).
Original post by PQ
It will likely ease off - keep an eye on their website and social media (last year Bristol's phone lines broke completely and they directed everyone through email instead).

Ok, thank you. I will keep trying until i get through. Hopefully they answer before they close at 6pm :colonhash:
Ok, thank you. I will keep trying until i get through. Hopefully they answer before they close at 6pm :colonhash:

Things usually die down after lunch :yes:
We appreciate that some people are struggling to get through at the moment and would ask you to please be patient, we have lots of extra staff working on our phones over the next few days and calls are getting through to us!
I've been trying all day, I still can't get through. I already have a place, but i want to change my course
Original post by jseechurn
I've been trying all day, I still can't get through. I already have a place, but i want to change my course

We appreciate that some people are struggling to get through at the moment and would ask you to please be patient, we have lots of extra staff working on our phones over the next few days and calls are getting through to us!

Can you help this applicant - is there another number for offer holders to call?

I'd suggest emailing [email protected] based on their website

Or maybe trying one of the numbers here: http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/admissions/meettheteams/ugadmissions/index.aspx

Hey, I'm sorry to hear that. If you call the Enquiries Centre on 0115 951 5559 someone will be able to assist you.
Reply 16
I need Nottingham to respond to my insurance offer (needed AAB/A*BB/A*A*C, got BBC) on UCAS before I can enter clearing. I've been attempting to phone since 11AM. Advice please?
Original post by Kiytt
I need Nottingham to respond to my insurance offer (needed AAB/A*BB/A*A*C, got BBC) on UCAS before I can enter clearing. I've been attempting to phone since 11AM. Advice please?

Hey, I'm sorry to hear that. If you call the Enquiries Centre on 0115 951 5559 someone will be able to assist you.

Hi there - would you recommend this offer holder to call the enquiries centre? or maybe email?
Original post by Kiytt

Hi there,

If you're having no luck getting through the Clearing hotline please contact the Enquiries Centre on 0115 951 5559.

Thanks
Reply 19
Hi there,

If you're having no luck getting through the Clearing hotline please contact the Enquiries Centre on 0115 951 5559.

Thanks

Super helpful, thank you. Got through and resolved the issue (incorrect UCAS ID) relatively quickly.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending