The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Reading accommodation

I firmed reading uni and have just achieved my grades to get a place but forgot to book accommodation earlier this year, is there any way at all to get into halls still?
Original post by Jordan_98
I firmed reading uni and have just achieved my grades to get a place but forgot to book accommodation earlier this year, is there any way at all to get into halls still?

You won't get allocated your first choice accommodation if you forgot to book your accommodation earlier. You will be in the same situation as people who got accepted to Reading via their insurance choice or who got in through clearing. Applications for accommodation open in a couple of days time I think.
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by James A
You won't get allocated your first choice accommodation if you forgot to book your accommodation earlier. You will be in the same situation as people who got accepted to Reading via their insurance choice or who got in through clearing. Applications for accommodation open in a couple of days time I think.

Ah ok thanks very much for replying :smile:
Reply 3

you can express an interest like i did, but i also applied at Loddon.

Hi Jordan,

If you’re still looking for accommodation you might want to check out Central Studios Reading.

We’re a student accommodation building in Reading town centre offering studio apartments for applicants you would have your own kitchenette, living area and bathroom.

Our students are all very sociable and we always hold social events as well (you can see these on our Facebook (www.facebook.com/CentralStudiosReading), so you would get the feeling of Uni halls but with more private space!

If you’re interested, check out our site:www.freshstudentliving.co.uk/reading

Or just drop us an email: [email protected]

We would be happy to help you find a place in Reading

Nora @ CSReading

Hi,

Congratulations on your grades!
If you are still looking for accommodation in halls at the university then I would email the university. Those who apply for accommodation after clearing will get a separate email and as you didn't go though clearing you are unlikely to get this email with the accommodation link on it.

I can't guarantee that you will get a room but the accommodation team will be able to help you more. Just email or call them and explain the situation to them.

+441183784203
[email protected]

I hope this helped,
Amelia, student ambassador.
What are the best accommodation halls to apply for? got reading as my Insurance
Original post by fatmata.during
What are the best accommodation halls to apply for? got reading as my Insurance

Hi fatmata.during
Congratulations on getting into Reading :smile:

It really does depend on what you are looking for?
- Ensuite or shared bathroom
- Catered or self catered
- The course you are studying (for walking distance)
- How many people you want to live with
- Directly on campus or adjacent from it.

Unfortunately, a place in halls cannot be guaranteed for those that chose Reading as their insurance choice (or went through clearing/adjustments); therefore it is strongly recommended to express an interest as quickly as you can - Please check your e-mail carefully regarding halls as this may vary from applicant to applicant.

Those struggling to get into Halls of Residence at the University of this present time should look at Private Halls of Residents that are external from the university these include:

Unite Students - www.unite-students.com
Fresh Student Living - www.freshstudentliving.co.uk
Fawley Bridge - www.fawleybridgestudents.com

Please get in touch if you have any further questions :smile:

Mark
2nd Year Accounting and Management
Dear all,
Register an Express of Interest for Halls is now available on RISISweb.

Best of luck! :smile:

Mark
Reply 9
Hi i m international student got an offer for masters degree in university of reading. If i applied for university ensuite accommodation do i have freedom to come late night anytime i want and also am i permitted to bring my girl to my room for a stay or in the day or should i go to private flatmates?? Plz hlp

I thought it may be useful to know that I did just call reading and the only accommodation left is catered halls, with wash basin or without at Wantage, Windsor & St Patricks hall sadly. From what they told me.
Im considering the queen's court offer

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by WaywardWriter
Im considering the queen's court offer

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's what I was thinking, however, its a bit of a walk to the uni right?
Original post by ZAYN.
That's what I was thinking, however, its a bit of a walk to the uni right?

Yeah apparently its a 15min bus journey. Thats why im so unsure because it will be a year long decision
It's approx. 10-15 minutes on the bus and 25 minutes walk :smile:
The perk of being somewhere like Queens Court is you are right in the hub of the nightlife (5 minute walk to all the major bars and clubs)

Mark
Anyone here willing to share private accommodation close to the campus? (Starting in September)Please contact me ASAP[email protected]07783 723249
Hi Waywardwriter & Zayn.

Congrats on the grades!

Hope you dont mind me jumping in

If you’re still looking for accommodation you might want to check out Central Studios Reading. We’re a student accommodation building in Reading town centre offering all inclusive studio apartments for students you would have your own kitchenette, living area and en suite bathroom. So walking home after a night out is super easy and the uni bus is on the doorstep!

Our students are all very sociable and we always hold social events as well (you can see these on our Facebook (www.facebook.com/CentralStudiosReading), so you would get the feeling of Uni halls but with more private space!

If you’re interested, take a look at www.freshstudentliving.co.uk/reading. Or get in touch - [email protected]

Michael @ CSReading
I have a non basin catered room at wantage hall if anywone is interested for a swap.

Quick Reply

Latest