The Student Room Group

Is it worth ringing my firm even though i missed it?

My firm sussex was offering 3 C's including a C in a science, i however today only recieved 2 C's and a D. I got a U in one of my modules which brought my grade down. Because of the results they rejected me and i have to attend my firm, do you think it's worth ringing or is it now a done deal, thanks in advance!
Original post by Richpeasant
My firm sussex was offering 3 C's including a C in a science, i however today only recieved 2 C's and a D. I got a U in one of my modules which brought my grade down. Because of the results they rejected me and i have to attend my firm, do you think it's worth ringing or is it now a done deal, thanks in advance!

They have had your results for a week and made their decision. You can ring them. You won't lose anything. But be prepared for another no.
Original post by Neostigmine
They have had your results for a week and made their decision. You can ring them. You won't lose anything. But be prepared for another no.

Very true that, just a shame really, 2 of my other friends missed their offers at Sussex and still got in, suppose i'm just trying to create a fantasy at the moment, thanks for the advice though
Very true that, just a shame really, 2 of my other friends missed their offers at Sussex and still got in, suppose i'm just trying to create a fantasy at the moment, thanks for the advice though

You can't lose anything by calling them.

Have you got other options?

Very honest of you. Just ring them and get it out of the way, especially if you had any extenuating circs. What neo said about being prepared for no, but you can then move on.
Original post by Neostigmine
You can't lose anything by calling them.

Have you got other options?

I have my insurance but it's not as near as good as my firm uni (in rankings) in the field i want to go into i'm worried that university reputation will play a large roll in my job chances :/
Reply 6
Try ringing them they might offer you a place anyways
I'm working on admins at Cardiff Uni.
If its the same system as here, I believe they won't change their mind if they declined you. I know its not what you want to here.Good luck on wherever you decide. You'll make friends no matter where you go.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending