The Student Room Group

Worth remarks?

Hi,

I missed out on my A*AA offer after getting AAAA today and am getting my English lit paper remarked as I am 2 raw marks off an A*

I decided not to get remarks for other papers however I am 12 marks off an A* in geography (out of 150 marks, would have to remark both papers) and 7 marks off in chemistry (out of 100 in that paper).

Just checking I haven't made a mistake by not asking for remarks in the others? 7 is pretty far off tbh
Original post by itsConnor_
Hi,

I missed out on my A*AA offer after getting AAAA today and am getting my English lit paper remarked as I am 2 raw marks off an A*

I decided not to get remarks for other papers however I am 12 marks off an A* in geography (out of 150 marks, would have to remark both papers) and 7 marks off in chemistry (out of 100 in that paper).

Just checking I haven't made a mistake by not asking for remarks in the others? 7 is pretty far off tbh

It's really hard to gain a couple of marks, let alone 7 or 12 marks. You made the right choice :yep:
Original post by itsConnor_
Hi,

They are only going to award extra marks if there has been an error.

Clerical- they added the scores incorrectly.
Markers gave you a mark thats a clear error and not just an opinion.
Chances of extra marks much reduced now, since rule change.
Reply 3
Original post by Nirgilis
It's really hard to gain a couple of marks, let alone 7 or 12 marks. You made the right choice :yep:

ok thanks :smile: whew
I think i've only missed out by 3 raw marks on getting a B in english, so i've asked for a re-sit (needed ABB for my firm). I'm not that worried because i still made my insurance, and i've rang my firm to tell them whats going on but is there anything i can do in the meantime?

Quick Reply

Latest