The Student Room Group

University of Cambridge Freshers Megathread 2016

A big congratulations to those that are going to the university!

You can use this thread to say hello to fellow students and discuss how excited you are to begin your fantastic journey!

This thread is yours, take it away

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
bump!
How on Earth did this happen? Can't believe I'm going to be a Cambridge fresher...

Are there any fellow Pembroke or Philosophy students here?
(edited 7 years ago)
Something just occurred to me and I'm scared. I don't have my actual grades yet, just the track confirmation. What if Cambridge only accidentally confirmed my place and I'm not in at all?

@jneill
Anyone else accidentally register for adjustment?
Reply 5
So nice that I can finally drop the 'grades pending' when people ask what uni I 'm going to

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by sweeneyrod
Anyone else accidentally register for adjustment?

LOL
Subbing in case anyone comes along with questions about either Catz or MML, or just generally.
It's ok! I got my grades just now and I got A*A*A*, so my place being confirmed wasn't a mistake. I'm actually a fresher!!!!!!
Reply 9
Original post by Platopus
It's ok! I got my grades just now and I got A*A*A*, so my place being confirmed wasn't a mistake. I'm actually a fresher!!!!!!

Congratulations!! :biggrin: You did amazing!
Hi everyone. Just got my confirmation from Cambridge today and I'm really excited! Who else is going to study engineering?
Original post by PugDevil
Congratulations!! :biggrin: You did amazing!

Thank you!!! Now I can breath... And eat that ice cream I'd been saving for drowning my sorrows. Ben and Jerrys is always appropriate, whether as a celebration it a comfort food :tongue:
Reply 12
Original post by Platopus

A*A*A* and a place at Cambridge.

Just let that sink in...

:smile:
Original post by jneill
A*A*A* and a place at Cambridge.

Just let that sink in...

:smile:

Waits. Nope, not sunk in yet.

Spoiler

Congratulations. Now it's time for you guys to think about things like buying gowns and deciding if you want an owl, a cat or a toad. :tongue:
Original post by Saracen's Fez
Congratulations. Now it's time for you guys to think about things like buying gowns and deciding if you want an owl, a cat or a toad. :tongue:

What do you mean by owl, cat or toad? Which Colleges keep owls or toads?
Original post by Wired_1800
What do you mean by owl, cat or toad? Which Colleges keep owls or toads?

It's a Harry Potter reference (IIRC) to go with the having to buy gowns. :smile:
Original post by Saracen's Fez
It's a Harry Potter reference (IIRC) to go with the having to buy gowns. :smile:

Ah, okay. Now, i get the reference. I thought you were refering to certain Colleges like Girton, Hughes Hall or Trinity.
Reply 18
I've basically known I got in since January since I finished school at the end of last year, but it was good to finally see the confirmation of that. I'm coming over from Australia to study law, and I'm super excited. Anyone else here coming from overseas?
Random question, but can I find a bycicle with backpedal/coaster brakes in Cambridge? :s

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending